Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Pet with ANY healing talent?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Hi,
I am a fire wizard who has been trying desperately to get a pet with a healing talent. I'm looking for some hatching advice here. I really don't care too much which healing talent I eventually end up with. The only pet I have in my proverbial zoo of fire pets with a chance to have a healing talent is my phoenix (I believe they can manifest spritely). Mine is at epic, but no sprite yet (yes, I am trying to get him to mega and praying all the way there). I have seen some fire pets with fairy, but only one-- no others with healing. Is it just harder to hatch a fire pet with healing? Do any of you have some advice about what I should look for in a hatching "partner"? Should I be hatching that phoenix with something specific, or do I need to look at another route?
Thanks for any time and advice that any of you can offer.

Kane Starflame

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
First of all make sure any pet you chose has at least a pedigree (the first number you see on its page) of at least 55. I have never seen a pet that would cast a healing spell on its own. (not as a card) that was under 55 pedigree.
In my experience the best way to get a fire or any other school to cast healing spells is to hatch it with a pet that casts healing and keep hatching it with that pet until you get one that casts it. This can mean a lot of hatching but I usually can get one by the third hatch. Good luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Kane Starflame on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi,
I am a fire wizard who has been trying desperately to get a pet with a healing talent. I'm looking for some hatching advice here. I really don't care too much which healing talent I eventually end up with. The only pet I have in my proverbial zoo of fire pets with a chance to have a healing talent is my phoenix (I believe they can manifest spritely). Mine is at epic, but no sprite yet (yes, I am trying to get him to mega and praying all the way there). I have seen some fire pets with fairy, but only one-- no others with healing. Is it just harder to hatch a fire pet with healing? Do any of you have some advice about what I should look for in a hatching "partner"? Should I be hatching that phoenix with something specific, or do I need to look at another route?

Kane Starflame
I farmed a short time for a Leopard pet for my fire wizard since I never won it in Mirror Lake. I hatched it with a Phonix that had not manifested Spritely by adult and the Leopard got Spritely at adult. It also has May Cast, Smoke Screen and Fire Blade and we may train it up more. I wanted the pet to be true fire for this experiment.

We tend to be impatience with waiting on Spritely, if it doesn't happen by adult we move on to hatch another pet.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Northlite on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
I farmed a short time for a Leopard pet for my fire wizard since I never won it in Mirror Lake. I hatched it with a Phonix that had not manifested Spritely by adult and the Leopard got Spritely at adult. It also has May Cast, Smoke Screen and Fire Blade and we may train it up more. I wanted the pet to be true fire for this experiment.

We tend to be impatience with waiting on Spritely, if it doesn't happen by adult we move on to hatch another pet.
Some pets may not manifest a MC heal until Mega. I know this because I have an Ianthine that maifested MC Fairy at Mega. Sometimes, it is a good idea to continue with a pet at least to Epic. If by that time you get a bad talent, then do another hatch. Not all pets will manifest a heal at Adult or even Ancient. Patience is needed in abundance when trying to get what you are looking for.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Thanks so much for the advice. This is all very helpful. I'll pay closer attention to pedigree ratings, and I will continue to work that phoenix. Based on these posts, I hatched the epic phoenix with a Blaze beast that has MC spritely. I'll keep hatching with that until I get an MC heal out of the mix. Staying pure fire in the "parents" seems to ensure in-school talents.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes you can use in school pets to get fire, but with enough breeding even out of school pets can learn in school traits. After many generations of breeding, I developed a Samoorai, Gus, that was a great, high-pedigree healer, but that also boosted my fire attacks, as well as other power boosts. So it is not the school of the pet so much as the pet talents and the pedigree that make the difference. Over time, your pet becomes a powerful mutt who transcends school boundaries.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
My advice, hatch with others until you get the talents you want.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
I appreciate the advice you have all offered. After paying closer attention to pedigree (which I used to ignore), it turns out the first hatch between my Phoenix and a Blaze Beast manifested spritely at Ancient (and yielded the highest pedigree pet I have). I was pretty stoked actually. FinnAgainWindrider's post is particularly interesting to me as well, but that sounds like quite a lot of hatching. Not that I won't try it, but I recognize that is an exercise in patience. I am considering whether to shoot for a second MC talent (like Unicorn or Fairy) or to look for other talents. I am curious about what you all consider to be a strong mix of talents for PvE.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Kane Starflame on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
I appreciate the advice you have all offered. After paying closer attention to pedigree (which I used to ignore), it turns out the first hatch between my Phoenix and a Blaze Beast manifested spritely at Ancient (and yielded the highest pedigree pet I have). I was pretty stoked actually. FinnAgainWindrider's post is particularly interesting to me as well, but that sounds like quite a lot of hatching. Not that I won't try it, but I recognize that is an exercise in patience. I am considering whether to shoot for a second MC talent (like Unicorn or Fairy) or to look for other talents. I am curious about what you all consider to be a strong mix of talents for PvE.
I try whenever I can to help a fellow fire when I can. If you have not had success getting a second healing talent, and still want it, I will be more than happy to hatch with you. I have a Cold Fire Dragon with Spritely, Fairy, Proof, Defy and Sharp Shot (sharp shot can be useful for fire depending on accuracy from your gear). This pet learned these traits from the first hatch that I got him in. He has passed along these traits to most of the pets I have hatched him in between 1 - 3 hatches. Since you are obviously patient and can handle the delay that comes with a fully moderated message board, we can figure out a time next week to meet up in the pavilion to hatch. Afternoons/evenings are best for me (central time zone). I usually prefer the Torrence realm as most people dont meet in that one.

I have other methods I follow that usually help pass traits along quicker too. Of course, I still just may be very lucky.

Steven Hawk Promethean

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
I would also be glad to meet up to hatch, if you like. We would just have to set up a time, place and realm.

The samoorai I told you about, Sir Gus, has spritely, pierce train, and fire dealer that are quite useful, and also gives the unicorn spell card.

I also have lots of other fun fire pets -- a fire gnome, a cross-bred efreet, and inferno beast, a blaze beast, and a velociraptor.

I usually try to train for spritely, though not always with success. I also find pain-giver very useful, and pierce, and fire sniper, and pip o plenty, and fire dealer. Gus is my default pet, but for strong attack I sometimes use my efreet, who has pain giver and fire sniper.

Finnigan Windrunner, lvl 90

Explorer
May 21, 2012
Kane Starflame on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Hi,

Kane Starflame
hello i have a pet efreet and it has fairy and spritely and plus 4 universal strength and ill hatch with you if you would like to and if you dont want to its alright oh its a myth efreet (genie)\

Autumn Darkeyes level 58

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Wow, those are nice pets! Thanks for the offers. With my work schedule, it is difficult to tell exactly when I will be on, so I am hesitant to make appointments for hatching; I don't want to stand anyone up.
However, I can almost always get on rather late at night (1-2 a.m. cst) on M/W/F. Are any of you night owls?
If not, I can try to set aside some time in a different slot. I would love to hatch with some of these. I've spent some time standing in the pet hatchery, but I don't have much luck trying to solicit hatchers in there. Most are looking for something specific. Maybe I can use the board to send some messages to one or two of you.
Thanks again!

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
I have a ancient sea dragon that hatches spritely. If you want, we can hatch together.