Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you use Quest Helper?

Yes, I never turn it off.
78% [61]
Yes, sometimes, I toggle it on and off through the options menu.
7% [6]
Yes, I toggle it on and off through the keyboard shortcut (CTRL+T).
8% [7]
No, I don't use quest helper.
5% [4]

Feedback Friday 8-23-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Happy Friday, Wizards! I hope you had a fantastic week, and now, it's about to get more fantastic, as it's time for Feedback Friday!

Quest helper was introduced not long after we opened up the Spiral years ago, and has become an integral part for many Wizards to find their way around. We're curious how and when you use it?

Please vote on the poll - Do you use quest helper?
If you have additional comments, please discuss in the thread below.

Until next time, have fun! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
"Never" is a strong word - but I rarely turn it off. Most of the time I really rely on it.

One comment though, I do wish there was some color coding.

Maybe it could remain yellow for the bulk of the quests - sides -but if your on a Main Storyline Quest - the color is automatically different. Maybe blue or magenta or green?

Anything to make it easier to know if your on the main qests.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It's unobtrusive and helpful so I see no reason to turn it off. Only rarely does it lead me astray, like telling me I need to get through a jungle thicket when I need to be entering the sigil nearby.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It's also fairly rare, but sometimes the quest finder arrow gets stuck pointing straight ahead and will not turn. Quitting out to your classroom does not fix the problem, but quitting to the desktop and reloading the game does seem to fix the problem.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
I always use it and never turn it off.
I don't mine the arrow much if I am just hanging out with friends either.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I never turn it off, even when I need to ignore it to do other quests or in instances like the Vault of Ice (the arrow will only direct you to the main boss, not the other three you need to defeat first)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
I accidently voted no I never use it lol. I always have quest helper on even if I am not questing, I just am to lazy to turn it off lol.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Well, I mention the occasionally frozen quest arrow, and now I have a permanent frozen quest arrow on my myth. The quest arrow is working fine for all my other wizards. I've quit the game and reloaded several times. The only wizard without a working quest arrow is my myth. I'm not sure if this is worth reporting, but it's serendipitous that you have a Feedback Friday on this topic when I'm actually having some real problems with it.

Having a frozen quest arrow really makes me realize how much I've come to rely on it.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Nope, have it on but never use due to the annoying bug that has made it point straight forward infinitely. bug!

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I agree with Helenie Nightseer that never is a strong word but I too almost never bother turning it off. I also like her idea of changing colors for different quest(s)/types but would also like to suggest incorporating something in to let you know that another closer quest is available. I'll leave it up to you to figure how to do that, but maybe a dotted/translucent version that would show up or a smaller arrow that would set next to the big one (and of course you could make it an option to turn off in the game menu)

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
Helenie Nightseer on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
"Never" is a strong word - but I rarely turn it off. Most of the time I really rely on it.

One comment though, I do wish there was some color coding.

Maybe it could remain yellow for the bulk of the quests - sides -but if your on a Main Storyline Quest - the color is automatically different. Maybe blue or magenta or green?

Anything to make it easier to know if your on the main qests.
That's a great idea.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Professor Falmea on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Happy Friday, Wizards! I hope you had a fantastic week, and now, it's about to get more fantastic, as it's time for Feedback Friday!

Quest helper was introduced not long after we opened up the Spiral years ago, and has become an integral part for many Wizards to find their way around. We're curious how and when you use it?

Please vote on the poll - Do you use quest helper?
If you have additional comments, please discuss in the thread below.

Until next time, have fun! ::grin::

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I'd like to point out the quest helper is very, well helpful but sometimes it glitches (it may have been fixed I haven't quested in awhile as I'm and avid PvPer) but it used to sometimes point me toward a wall or something and just logging out and back in seemed to fix it. Just letting you know, I kinda think you've already fixed it.

Wolf Skullslinger

Administrator
Thanks for the comments, all. We'll discuss this amongst the Professors. A new Feedback Friday, shall be yours in just a moment!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea