Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea: Pet Roam

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Ok, I just posted this in a AWESOME thread in the pet pavilion, but wanted to post it hear too and get your feed back.

I would find it extremely entertaining if when you're running around, you pet is not always at your side. Give them a longer leash so to speak.
They can then stop to smell the flowers, jump on someone else's pet, interact, jump around.... They would be able to run super fast to catch up with you too .
Most of the interaction would happen when you are afk or standing around waiting.
Maybe have an option where you can turn "pet roam" on under advanced game play options. If you turned this on, an additional label would appear.
For example:

Rebecca E.'s
Xena
Mega 64(35)

and when you click on the pet it brings up the player profile.

This would bring so much joy while waiting for friends, or chatting in the commons...
Have them play together, act scared, do tricks...
In areas with monsters, they should be silly about it, running close, stopping dead, darting back to you. (don't let them pull you in because of pet).

Also, I'd like my pet to show up when I have a mount on if I have the roam setting on.

If KI will consider this, I'd be the happiest wizard alive.

Rebecca Emeraldflame level 75 sorcerer

(and yes, those are the stats. of my Jade Oni. I her [and her abilities])

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
That would be amazing. i'd love to see my storm beetle moving around on his own and interacting with other pets. in the pet pavillion they should be able to run up to different games and hop around as if he wants to play the game. in the hatchery they should interact with other pets by snuggling or something. at revenwood they should stand outside the class room (No pets allowed in class sadly). they should dance with you when you win a fight. when your looking for a item for a quest they should look around with you. if you're near something prospector zeke wants you to find it should jump around like it's trying to tell you. it should also run towards chests and reagents (knowing that the reagents could be their snack ) it'd be really fun for pets to roam and i hope kingsile allows it.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Great idea! I would love to have my Storm Hawk flying beside a giant hawk mount with me riding on it, it would be so cool! I also think pets should be able to interract more with their enviorments, and be able to act sick, bored, scared, sad, happy, and energetic! I hope KI gets a chance to check out this message.