Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you use the navigation bubbles?

Yes, I usually have them on.
32% [36]
I turn them on only when I'm not sure which way to go.
21% [24]
No, I usually have them off.
35% [39]
I have them on when I'm questing, but off when I'm socializing.
8% [9]
I didn't even know you could turn them on and off.
1% [2]

Do you use the navigation bubbles?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
When you're not in a duel, you can press N on your keyboard, or click on the compass to toggle off and on the Navigation Bubbles.

Our question is this: do you use these navigation bubbles?

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Only when I'm running in circles (like an idiot), in a new area, or in Hrundle Fyord. (Entered it the day it came out, still can't figure out the way to sudrilund...)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Yep, I never use them, but for the first few weeks of playing I got confused in the commons.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Yep, and I'm thankful for them when I need them. I do wish they were a little more game specific for the terrain. The arrows point "as the crow flies" and disregard obstacles - but they are still very helpful. And I usually have them off, so I'm glad I can do that.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
yes even at level 90 because I can never remember exactly which way it is to Digmoore Station

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I have always had them on for a s long as I can remember; just part of the game for me

Squire
May 10, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
When you're not in a duel, you can press N on your keyboard, or click on the compass to toggle off and on the Navigation Bubbles.

Our question is this: do you use these navigation bubbles?

No, I didn't know you can use Navigation Bubbles

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
No, I don't use them at all. If I need help/directions, I use my map which gives plenty of information.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's become a habit that I keep the navigation bubbles on. There are times when I go to an area and I forget which way to go, or where something specific is.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
So what is the difference between,
I only have them on when I don't know which way to go (which is rare)
and
No, I usually have them off (except for the above)

I selected No since I almost always have them off and usually know which way to go, but will once in a rare while flip them on to see which way to go and then almost immediately turn them off again (or more often turn them off after they get turned on accidentally).

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
I use the navigation bubbles all of the time.

I also always use my GPS in my car even if I know where I am going...lol.

I like my crutches!!

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I rarely use them. I think the ratio is 1.5 out of 100! I don't know how to do it in pirate101 though.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
crunkatog on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
yes even at level 90 because I can never remember exactly which way it is to Digmoore Station
Same here

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
I use them in places when I don't have my quest arrow and it's a maze, like in the dark cave that connects cyclops lane to firecat alley, or when I'm in dragonspyre and my quest arrow is stuck (my computer is slowish)

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
hey guys

I usally have my navigation bubbles off ( unless I have no idea where to go like quests without arrows). when I am out hanging with friends I have them off.

Scarlet Ravensword level 55
See You in the Spiral!

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
crunkatog on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
Same here.
They were really helpful when I first started out and had 0 clue where to go, and I still use them in maze-like areas, and when a world first comes out & I'm exploring the area.

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
The navigation bubbles are useful to some, but I only use them when I get lost, like I voted. They helped me a little in Celestia...

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I use them when I'm lost and the map isn't helping me find out where I need to go to get from A to B.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
There would be no possible way to get through Zafaria with out them. Srsly, Bobab Market to Stone town to Waterfront to... Oh snap, I don't know what is pass it

Kane Skullstaff, Your local pyromancer,

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I only use them when I am in an area I don't know (very rare) but like that I can turn them on when needed.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I most usally have them on in marleybone

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Oh I know how to use them, I just DON'T! If I need to get somewhere I don't know, I use the maps. Press M.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
I have been playing for uh 3 years? So I don't need them from wiz city to Avalon, sometimes in Azteca. When I see them while socializing I just click the "N" key

Wolf Skullslinger

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
when i was in wiserd city, i needed them to fined the shopping districk.

a direckshon lesswiserd

Survivor
Jul 12, 2011
I only use them when there's a new world or area