Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 8-17-13

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 09, 2009
Um, I believe Friday was actually the 16th? Or is this Spiral time?

Rogan

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
I think a new school could be Time Magic, and unlike any of the other schools it would have some primary spells and secondary spells, for example a primary spell would be time giant, the animation is a giant with a clock in its chest. The clock starts rapidly spinning and it'll randomly fast forward or rewind time if it rewinds you can learn your mistakes, if it fast forwards, however it'll ask all friends (and foes if PVP) to chose their spells. After it goes back or forward in time it'll hit the enemy for about 350 if going forward or 175 if going backward because forward will lose your pips from the spell and gain a couple but backwards u keep them and get back pips from earlier to even out the one it chooses. That would be 4 pip spell. A secondary spell could be a no damage time travel backwards or forward or to get someone that's ready for an attack the pips they need you can (ONLY forward) travel them so they can get pips or even blade up quicker. The sign I'm not sure if it should be a clock or as my first idea of this magic a circle that is a line that is basically continuously circling itself to make a big connected circle.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
I think that when you enchant the spell it should show up as a symbol instead of or

But i do think you should add some more spells for it maybe some sun attack spells and i think you should make people have a natural attack and it should be customize able (It would be nice if the attack changed depending on how you customized it). But what i am really ticked by is the fact that there is moon sun and star school enemies if thats it i kind of wish that when you have a wizard who can learn astral then you should have the ability to make 1 more wizard who can either be or school and so if you did it they should end up being lvl 60 at the start.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Cool question!

If I could imagine a new school it would definitely be a side school like the Astral schools, but it would not be a part of them. I would find it extremely fascinating if, once you got to a certain level you could chose a second "main" school. Perhaps it's a supportive school specifically designed for your school(which allows you two do some of those cheats bosses can do?) , or maybe you get to choose from a selection of attack schools. This would start at like, level 100 or something.

So, A: Support Schools
(Equality?)
(Flint?)
(Water?)
(Shadows?)
(Light?)
(Sight?)
(Air?)
Names are just ideas. I just this the idea of getting some unusual abilities would be cool. These schools would be purely supportive, while the main school continues.

OR B:
attack school 1
attack school 2
This would be something we've never seen before, like out-of-this-world kind of spells. They would be opposites. (maybe creation and destruction?)

With both of these ideas once you chose them, the spells would be free. The Astral schools would continue to use up your training points.

Just ideas

Rebecca Emeraldflame level 75 sorcerer

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Hi!
I was thinking about if you could combind classes like pyromancy and necromancy and get a whole new class, that would add a lot more schools to the game and give people the inspiration to make up spell ideas for these new classes. Like for the necro-pyro combo, dark flame, like an elf except it does 3 times more damage and it's for a higher level. The spells I think if this comes should be of the class they most relate to, like dark flame would be fire (or if you make it more undeady, death) and the combo classes would beable to have mastery over the combinded elements, kinda like mastery, but natrual.
Imagine the combos and spells, +, +, +. The combonations would lead to new powerful clases, like if were combined with you could get a serious supporter that could stay on the field longer than normal. Or with and you could get a serious hitter that can make spells that do tons of damage and have a good chance of happening. The only combos that I'm pretty sure will never happen is the astrals with each other.

Post your ideas on this please!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think, instead of making new classes, make new spells that cover both. I've thought about this myself and had a hard time with some of them. For example, Death and Life combinations already exist in the sap life ability, unless a death spell would hit all enemies and then heal all allies (which has been talked about recently). Balance would be better for adding after effects than having spell damage (my opinion). I think having Steam (fire + ice) or Brimstone (Fire + Storm) spells (as examples) would be a good idea :)

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
A school of time would be interesting. I would rather have it be an option as a starting school as that would throw a twist in pvp and all that. As to the spells, I would leave it up to the developers, they have done a great job so far.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
We all know that there are ice,life,myth,death,fire,storm,and balance.I was thinking about a new class Choas. Not like the one in the Pig Place.I mean Choas out of control and mutiply attacks.Choas is the opposite of Balance and it has completely diffrent spells than the others.Choas is related to death,life,and myth. For the design is a sun but in the middle is Black and the outer sun is purple. That's my idea Hope you like it . Micheal DragonLeaf

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Well, Falmea, I would do a whole new triangle. Love, Hate, and Sorrow!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Professor Falmea on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
It's Friday, so let's just get down to business! ::grin::

Fire, Storm, Balance, Death, Ice, Life, Myth... you've been asked to pick one of these main seven schools of focus. Then, in Celestia, we introduced Astral magic, the Sun, Moon, and Stars schools, which anyone can learn for the cost of training points.

If there was a new type of magic, and it was up to you to dream it up, what would it be? Would it be the eighth school (so you had to choose that as your main school), or would it be like Astral magic (anyone can learn it in addition to your main school)
?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas, everyone. Have a great weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I don't know what i would call it but i would make a new main school

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I think when Darkmor or Shadow web, what ever the world you defeat Morganthe in, should have 2 side schools. The School of Light and the School of Shadow. The Light school trainer would not be an item, but a person. Her name would be Linda. The Light school is Sun and Star put together, with it's own stuff too! It's first spell would be an aura that allows you to but multiple sun enchantments on a sing spell for _ number of rounds. There would also be attack spells, but non of them would be plain out attack. It would have good weaknesses and traps. The Symbol would be just be a white circle. The mobs and bosses in Morganthe's final world would mostly be Shadow school. The Shadow school would be a mix of moon, storm, death, and ice. (sorry fire, life, and myth) Instead of changing you into a mander, gobbler, etc., it would change the enemy into a weaker mander, gobbler, etc. It would have steal spells that stun. Or a stun spell that also breaks helpful charms and wards. it's accuracy would be 80%. It's symbol would be a dead tree casting a shadow. It's trainer would be a boss you had to fight, a shadow weaver! If you wanted an opposite of Balance I would suggest time. -Nicholas Hawkspear Level 90

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I think when Darkmor or Shadow web, what ever the world you defeat Morganthe in, should have 2 side schools. The School of Light and the School of Shadow. The Light school trainer would not be an item, but a person. Her name would be Linda. The Light school is Sun and Star put together, with it's own stuff too! It's first spell would be an aura that allows you to but multiple sun enchantments on a sing spell for _ number of rounds. There would also be attack spells, but non of them would be plain out attack. It would have good weaknesses and traps. The Symbol would be just be a white circle. The mobs and bosses in Morganthe's final world would mostly be Shadow school. The Shadow school would be a mix of moon, storm, death, and ice. (sorry fire, life, and myth) Instead of changing you into a mander, gobbler, etc., it would change the enemy into a weaker mander, gobbler, etc. It would have steal spells that stun. Or a stun spell that also breaks helpful charms and wards. it's accuracy would be 80%. It's symbol would be a dead tree casting a shadow. It's trainer would be a boss you had to fight, a shadow weaver! If you wanted an opposite of Balance I would suggest time. -Nicholas Hawkspear Level 90

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
It may be my opinion, but I think there should be an opposite to balance. Maybe it could be Chaos, Disorder, you get the idea. The idea that balance is taking the best sides of all of the schools, maybe this school is taking the worst of the schools and making it work. It takes the idea that all of the Chaos, no matter how confusing, still can make sense if you look for it. They're school colors couldn't be anything. The school is so disordered that they're cannot be any school colors. Just think about it

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
School name: Unbalancer
Those who learn it are: Chaosmancers

The school is the opposite of balance
The main spells they use are negative charms that weaken the enemy.

Their accuresy is only 80 percent and their attacks are a little weaker then balance.

The school for these new wizards will be in Ravenwood's sky (there will be a ladder for them to climb up )

The weird thing about the school is that it will be on it's side with the teacher being a krok named Balaun de great.

It would be so cool if this was added but I wont get my hopes up. XD

-Rachel Dreamsong

Community Leader
I would love to see the Pigswick teacher to start having us learn. Someone mention Chaos above would be interesting.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
These would be like the astral schools. They would be Sleep, Dream, and Nightmare. Tell me if you like them.

Joseph Pixietamer level 29

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
dayerider on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
I think, instead of making new classes, make new spells that cover both. I've thought about this myself and had a hard time with some of them. For example, Death and Life combinations already exist in the sap life ability, unless a death spell would hit all enemies and then heal all allies (which has been talked about recently). Balance would be better for adding after effects than having spell damage (my opinion). I think having Steam (fire + ice) or Brimstone (Fire + Storm) spells (as examples) would be a good idea :)
Awesome for spells.

Rocking for spell ideas.

And could you tell me where to see that topic on the / spell? It intrests me.

I the cool ideas

Survivor
Aug 22, 2009
I know I am totally late on feedback Friday, but I just gotta say something.

The opposite of balance for a main school- Chaos
It could have spells of things that cause chaos, like hurricanes or whatever. It would be slightly more powerful than balance but have a lower accuracy rate. The spells could include taking away charms or giving weaknesses (causing chaos!).

Just a thought

Jazzy ThunderStaff lvl 90
"When the dueling gets hot, summon a fire shield."

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Several people have said Time Magic. I do think it could be a "primary school" but it wouldn't require revamping the beginning of the game for new students. :D It could be basically college level for students above level 90.

It could be part of the New World that teaches Time Magic - you know - when we go back to Save Dragonspyre
https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-4-27-12-48811

We could continue to use Time Magic in further Time Adventures throughout the Spiral
https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-dorms/spiral-past-contains-spoilers-54508/8ad6a41a3a79cb01013a8968a6df17f9 (idk why that address says Pirate101 - it's from the Dorms here?)

And this recent thread from the Dorms has great related ideas :D
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/more-schools-of-magic-32372

And if part of the idea is to create greater diversity again - since were kind of melding now - that last link there has a few different school ideas not just Time Magic. So once in that world where we're sent back to help DS - we could be required to choose one of those schools to add - but not all of them. As for people who don't choose Time Magic - no worries - the Masters there can send anyone anywhere and any-when they want to.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I found an old interview with Professor Greyrose over at The Friendly Necromancer http://thefriendlynecromancer.blogspot.com/2009/02/interview-with-professor-greyrose.html from Saturday February 28, 2009. In it she tells us she's from Candy World. A world with cookie roads, chocolate rivers and candy can trees.

My sister and I are child rearing adults (btw) and we Really Really Really want to go here!

Professor Greyrose needed the defensive arts of Ice Magic - but that doesn't mean there isn't a magic native to her land - either from the fairies or the non-fairies.

Are all the people evil? Only the gingerbread bakers? Is it something in their gingerbread that makes people evil? Does everyone live in the gingerbread houses? Can we have gingerbread candy castles? Dress in thematically appropriate colors and looks?

This too could represent a major new school.

Marshmallow Cream Ooze - a flood hits all
Peppermint Spears - single hit damage candy cane battery
Sugar Sprinkle - the wand hit that dusts you with sparkle pink sugar
Pixi Stix Sour - stuns you for 3 rounds
Ginger Bread Man Hit - coats foe in candy - weakens for 3 rounds like an aura
Ginger Bread House Hit - similar to gnome animation - starts out small and gets larger and larger - the house explodes and out comes a witch engulfed in flames to attack the foe.

Not only would this allow for some amazing houses, decorations, outfits, wands, pets (gummy bear pet or minion? yes please!), it would also allow for a new world in the spiral like nothing we've ever seen. And, it would be a great excuse to let some of our pink loving boys (finally!) get to wear it in their gear since the colors for such a school would be pink, aqua, and white.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Just saw some other posts and had to add...
They want to make and Unbalance school so Balance can convert. I disagree with the concept of an apposing school, it just undermines the concept of the balance school, however a convert would make a world of difference.

Idk what it would convert too, but a convert to balance would make a world of difference. It's awful, going against balance monsters, especially if the resist is high. You have to rely on you second school, but you honestly can't get high spells in other schools, thus severely limiting your ability.

light bulb
two converts:
Convert into ,, or
Convert into ,, or

It fits the guide-lines for the school and would make facing balance monsters (especially HIGH CHEATING balance monsters). Thank you, and please consider it.

Rebecca Emeraldflame lvl 75 sorcerer

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
The new school should be something like extension classes. These spells will be a part of a sequence of quests from a 1 pip spell to maybe 5 pip spell maximum and it would follow this line. The new schools would send you down one of three paths, and you can only learn one.

1st school School of the Huntress:
1 pip Storm beetle
2 pip Ice bats
3 pip Ice bird
4 pip fire kraken
5 pip firezilla

Sabrina Raventhief

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
Megaboy270 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
We all know that there are ice,life,myth,death,fire,storm,and balance.I was thinking about a new class Choas. Not like the one in the Pig Place.I mean Choas out of control and mutiply attacks.Choas is the opposite of Balance and it has completely diffrent spells than the others.Choas is related to death,life,and myth. For the design is a sun but in the middle is Black and the outer sun is purple. That's my idea Hope you like it . Micheal DragonLeaf
Cool idea for chaos.

It could control all chaotic forces, such at the fire titan who destroyed DS, but on a smaller scale.

Since it can do chaotic thing Chaos and Balance have boosts and weaknesses against eachother.

Would you think this a good spell for chaos? Black Hole, these things irl destroy almost anything that has or is created. The spell would take away all auras, blades, charms, shields, and traps on the field and will do 100,000 damage to each person on one team of random choice or do nothing at all (25% percent caster team, 25% enemy team, 50% nothing)

Also, I personally believe they should be able to cause real malice on the field by making everyone with a certain spell instead of doing spells they choose do a random spell that the computer chooses.

Hope you like Megaboy270.

Administrator
Aarrrthur on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Um, I believe Friday was actually the 16th? Or is this Spiral time?

Rogan
Oops, looks as if I was a day ahead! Good catch!

Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas, there are some thought provoking ideas in here for new schools. While we're not aware of any magic sitting out there untapped, who knows what more exploration in the future could bring?

A new Feedback Friday will be coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Hello, My Name is Alex Legend, and I might have an idea for a new school. I would call it the "Hybrid" School.

The "Hybrid" school will be one school with multiple strong spells. But there is a catch to this. You will be able to COMBINE two spells together [Or, if the community wants it to be an Astral school, it can be like the spell Tough. But combine two spells together and it will give you a side effect after you cast the spell]. Also, once you combine the two spells, the damage and/or health will be cut. [Yes, you can combine two health spells.]

For example, I'm going to give you a list of spells. [Name it what you (The Community) want.]

If Astral,

Kraken + Satyr: Deals 360-390 and Heals 530. Side Effect: +30% Incoming Damage -30% Outgoing Damage for 3 Rounds. [You may want to use this time to blade/trap.]

Satyr + Rebirth: Heals for 530 to self, Heals 525 to all, plus Absorb 360 to all. Side Effect: Stun for 2 rounds, -15 Outgoing for 5 rounds.

Seraph + Troll: Deals 400-450. Side Effect: -15% Power Pip Chance for 4 Rounds. No Critical for 3 rounds.

If Main School,

Level 1: Magma 1 Pip: Deals 80-120
Level 5: Shooting Star 2 Pip: Deals 120-140 to enemy, then 50 to all.
Level 8: Combination 0 Pip: Combine two 1-3 Pip spells. -15% Outgoing Damage for 3 rounds. -20% Incoming for 2 rounds.
Level 12: Ninja Imp 3 Pip: Deals 110-130 to all.

You guys can think of more! In a nutshell, the Hybrid school is not based on any school, just make up your own spells for it and hopefully the Wizard101 staff will take a look at this! The spells go like this per level

Level 1: Normal Attack
Level 5: Normal Attack
Level 8: Combo Spell
Level 12: Normal Attack
Level 16: Normal Attack
Level 22: Combo Spell
and so on,
the combination spells must have a side effect.

Thank you!

Alex Legend