Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ooh! The September+ Surprises!

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
So, from Professor Falmea's Producer's Letter, it seems we've been left a few hints on what's to come...

Our 5th birthday will bring a major flashback for our earliest players, but with a twist – not to mention a lot of fun for everyone. Something new and spooky this way comes --> What you find in the next major world after Azteca will rock Wizard101, and things will never be the same.
I'm so excited for what's coming to Wizard101 this Fall. Our 5th Anniversary (I still remember when I'd just heard about this game), the spooky surprises lurking behinded the locked gates in the Haunted Cave, and the new world coming to Wizard101 that's going to rock this game and leave things forever different. Let's break things down:

"Our 5th birthday will bring a major flashback for our earliest players, but with a twist – not to mention a lot of fun for everyone."

To some of the older players (Classes of 2008, 2009, and...yeah, maybe 2010) What do you guys think this major flashback will be and what's the twist? I've been with this game since the May of 2009 (Grizzlehiem's release), never left, always watched whatever I could, yet I can't figure out what this flashback is with a twist. I keep thinking maybe they'll bring back the One Millionth Player Fountain statue that use to stand outside Merle's office. Could they be thinking about giving us a quest line about Bartleby's eye? More Gobblers, one of Wizard101's top iconic creatues (the others the dragon and the ninja pig)? I just can't remember this major event that will just come back as a complete mind-blower. What do you think it is?

"Something new and spooky this way comes-->"

Professor Greyrose already started a post over this, but I must ask some of you, what do you think is spooky and new behind that door in the Haunted Cave? Is it a new dungeon? A new vendor that gives awesome surprises? May the answer to all our problems like a major PvP fix and rebalance gear! My best bet is a new dungeon with a Macbeth twist as the clue is based of the line "Something wicked this way comes" from the witches in Macbeth. Since it was recited by witches, could this be the passage to Gobblerton? Tell me what you think!

"What you find in the next major world after Azteca will rock Wizard101, and things will never be the same"

This is one of the hot topics around the community. Even after the challenge of Azteca, many are still pumped to see what this world is and what the next piece of the story is. But just what is the next world? "Is it Polaris?" "No, it's Darkmoor!" "I thought it was Mirage..." "Empyrea?" "Whatever happened to Yago?" Whatever it may be, I'll ask the obvious and say "What world do you think is next?" Also how will this world rock Wizard101? What's going to be special that it will really just impress maybe 80-90% give or take of the players here? Why would Morganthe need this world? Will we duel her? And how will things change forever?

See you in the Spiral!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
So, from Professor Falmea's Producer's Letter, it seems we've been left a few hints on what's to come...

Our 5th birthday will bring a major flashback for our earliest players, but with a twist – not to mention a lot of fun for everyone. Something new and spooky this way comes --> What you find in the next major world after Azteca will rock Wizard101, and things will never be the same.
I'm so excited for what's coming to Wizard101 this Fall. Our 5th Anniversary (I still remember when I'd just heard about this game), the spooky surprises lurking behinded the locked gates in the Haunted Cave, and the new world coming to Wizard101 that's going to rock this game and leave things forever different. Let's break things down:

"Our 5th birthday will bring a major flashback for our earliest players, but with a twist – not to mention a lot of fun for everyone."

To some of the older players (Classes of 2008, 2009, and...yeah, maybe 2010) What do you guys think this major flashback will be and what's the twist? I've been with this game since the May of 2009 (Grizzlehiem's release), never left, always watched whatever I could, yet I can't figure out what this flashback is with a twist. I keep thinking maybe they'll bring back the One Millionth Player Fountain statue that use to stand outside Merle's office. Could they be thinking about giving us a quest line about Bartleby's eye? More Gobblers, one of Wizard101's top iconic creatues (the others the dragon and the ninja pig)? I just can't remember this major event that will just come back as a complete mind-blower. What do you think it is?

Professor Greyrose already started a post over this, but I must ask some of you, what do you think is spooky and new behind that door in the Haunted Cave? Is it a new dungeon? A new vendor that gives awesome surprises? May the answer to all our problems like a major PvP fix and rebalance gear! My best bet is a new dungeon with a Macbeth twist as the clue is based of the line "Something wicked this way comes" from the witches in Macbeth. Since it was recited by witches, could this be the passage to Gobblerton? Tell me what you think!

"What you find in the next major world after Azteca will rock Wizard101, and things will never be the same"

This is one of the hot topics around the community. Even after the challenge of Azteca, many are still pumped to see what this world is and what the next piece of the story is. But just what is the next world? "Is it Polaris?" "No, it's Darkmoor!" "I thought it was Mirage..." "Empyrea?" "Whatever happened to Yago?" Whatever it may be, I'll ask the obvious and say "What world do you think is next?" Also how will this world rock Wizard101? What's going to be special that it will really just impress maybe 80-90% give or take of the players here? Why would Morganthe need this world? Will we duel her? And how will things change forever?

See you in the Spiral!
Cunning,

What was the topic started by Prof. Greyrose about the possibity of referring to Darkmoor, or whatever she was talking about with the new ideas?

Since Morganthe left Xilbaba to ready her legions, could that possibly be what we have to battle to enter the next world?

And, since Morganthe is still alive (unless KI plans on building a 3rd arc, where a more devastating boss destroys her for us), it may be quite possible that the next world will be the final time we deal with her madness.

It would behind a cool if there was two versions of this world (like Ocarina of TIme in the Zelda series), where you have to go backwards and forwards. This would also in line with finding Bartleby's eye in the Library.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
Perhaps the flashback will be that they bring back the bosses with cheats. Like with malistaire and the others.
As for the door I don't think it's going to be gear or something like that because Halloween is coming up so it could just be something for it. I have no comment on the new world but maybe something big will change in wizard like maybe they will update graphics for wizards. Add battle changing spells or something like that.
Maybe the key to defeating morganthe is finding bartleby's (if that's how you spell it) eye.
Can't wait for these surprises and the epic ending to this arc.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
I can't wait for the 5th anniversary surprise! I've been playing since Feb. 2009, and it would be awesome if they brought something back or do something they haven't done in a long time to make me feel like I'm still a little wizard from 2009 lol.

As for the spooky door that mostly comes from that place with the Death school (haven't been there in a long time, forgot the name), I think it's a new special challenge dungeon for low level wizards that'll reward them with powerful gear!

And lastly, the new world after Azteca.... all I really have to say is, KI, please revamp the 2nd arc and make things a little less brutal for my poor wizard... Azteca was very challenging, I don't think my wizard could handle whatever comes next.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
  1. I hope the next world isn't overly chanllenging like AZTECA!
  2. That cave has haunted my mind ever sense I first saw it as a newbie.... I CAN"T WAIT!!
  3. I think we will finally fight Morganthe and the next world will be the end of the 2nd arc...

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:

See you in the Spiral!
Maybe, in the next world, there will be special Dungeons and PvP options that allow for 3 teams in 1 duel (AoE would only affect 1 team). I just hope any fundamental game mechanics changes only affect certain parts of the game.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Promethean, W101 has confirmed that the next world, and the next, and the next, will not be the final one. I vaguely remember, but surely, that Prof. Greyrose said that this is not the last of Wizard101. I can't wait for the next world! Now is the time to watch out for new packs: you know the Olympian and the Atlantean Bundles? Remember what came out after it did? Same with Azteca! The new bundles are a signal of a newly arriving world! Keep an eye out!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Here are my guesses:

1.) My guess is that the fifth birthday is the return of the 100,000 HP Malistaire (or a different enemy with the same cheat concept). Maybe we end up learning more about Slyvia?

2.) My guess on something new and spooky is a new "Events" quest that coincides with KI's other Halloween events. Harold Argleston will have us investigate something within that cave (but possibly require some completion of the Carpe Diem "events" quest).

3.) My new world guess is Darkmoor too, but more importantly, I believe that hint is not so much about the next world, but rather KI is hinting that when we complete the next world we will have the backstory regarding the next arc after Morganthe. (could the "rock" adjective relate to an underworld/cavern type world?)

"Things will never be the same"..........the death of Ambrose?

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Oran of Urz on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Here are my guesses:

1.) My guess is that the fifth birthday is the return of the 100,000 HP Malistaire (or a different enemy with the same cheat concept). Maybe we end up learning more about Slyvia?

2.) My guess on something new and spooky is a new "Events" quest that coincides with KI's other Halloween events. Harold Argleston will have us investigate something within that cave (but possibly require some completion of the Carpe Diem "events" quest).

3.) My new world guess is Darkmoor too, but more importantly, I believe that hint is not so much about the next world, but rather KI is hinting that when we complete the next world we will have the backstory regarding the next arc after Morganthe. (could the "rock" adjective relate to an underworld/cavern type world?)

"Things will never be the same"..........the death of Ambrose?
Oran,

I think maybe you stumbled on the key to why "things will never be the same". Morganthe has been mad at Ambrose ever since the Ghost Avalon tour that gave us a backstory on how Gamma, Ambrose and Morganthe; met.

AND, with the leaving of J. Todd Coleman (Headmaster Ambrose), they are writting his character out the game. Next question, who will lead the professors and students of Wizard City? Us?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90