Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Let's be sensible now guys.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
There are a lot of issues I have evaluated in the Arena regarding all sorts of things. I see posts about Jade Gear, Going first, low levels using high level spells, low level Commanders and Warlords facing high levels, and Puppet pvp. Well let me start with the Jade Gear. Having Jade Gear does not ultimately make you untouchable. Honestly, I think it's quite foolish to use it in a 1v1, it has a great downside of low damage and 99.99% of Jade Gear users are not using high critical wands, and whether or not any Jade user would like to admit it, that plays a HUGE role in 1v1. 2v2's through 4v4's require this new thing called team work, learn how to use the cards, and your opponents disadvantages TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, Infection, Doom and Gloom, Weakness, Entangle and I forgot the Myth Dispel name, all have a major affect on these Jade users, and going first is one of the biggest advantages you can have overall in PvP. Now speaking on going first, it's brought to my attention that a lot of people don't understand that SOMEONE. HAS. TO. GO. FIRST. if not there would be no battle. So instead of suggesting that KingsIsle play favorite and choose for you to go first every time, here's an idea ask for a system to be put in. Flip a coin, then at that point you can't blame going second on anyone but yourself. Now onto low levels using high level spells. You want to know the simplest way of avoiding that? Get your character to Max level, and PvP then. Don't sit here and try to fight these people that have Spud pets that MC Fairy, Unicorn has Proof Defy and some type of 5th out of this world talent, that will probably tower until you cry and then Triton you, that will probably have crown gear until they get Commander Gear. Just don't face them, plain as that, if everyone pvp's at max level, they will have 0 choice but to be forced to level. Let's kill 2 Birds with 1 Stone in this next topic, if you're tired of Karma coming around and returning the favor for that level 5 Private with little sense of how PvP works, then stop playing at low level. Simply said. If you want to overpower someone, you will in return get over powered at one point. Don't expect everything to be handed to you. It looks as if we have a rare sighting here guys. Time to kill 3 Birds with 1 Stone. Don't want puppet PvPer's to dominate you? Stay at Max level. 2 Level 90's against a Level 90 and a level 50 isn't going to turn out the same way they expected. You guys complain about these things, but you make room for them to happen. Everyone saying this game has been ruined, yes I do agree with you to the fullest, but you have to understand like I have learned to do. You have to adapt or quit playing. Wizard101 isn't going back to Level 50 cap for anyone. KingsIsle is not going to remove pet talents, critical, these new things. Make the best of this game and play smart. Cause if you have been here since 08 like a lot of others, you understand what frustration is in this game. God Bless All.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
VelocityOSK on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
There are a lot of issues I have evaluated in the Arena regarding all sorts of things. I see posts about Jade Gear, Going first, low levels using high level spells, low level Commanders and Warlords facing high levels, and Puppet pvp. Well let me start with the Jade Gear. Having Jade Gear does not ultimately make you untouchable. Honestly, I think it's quite foolish to use it in a 1v1, it has a great downside of low damage and 99.99% of Jade Gear users are not using high critical wands, and whether or not any Jade user would like to admit it, that plays a HUGE role in 1v1. 2v2's through 4v4's require this new thing called team work, learn how to use the cards, and your opponents disadvantages TO YOUR ADVANTAGE, Infection, Doom and Gloom, Weakness, Entangle and I forgot the Myth Dispel name, all have a major affect on these Jade users, and going first is one of the biggest advantages you can have overall in PvP. Now speaking on going first, it's brought to my attention that a lot of people don't understand that SOMEONE. HAS. TO. GO. FIRST. if not there would be no battle. So instead of suggesting that KingsIsle play favorite and choose for you to go first every time, here's an idea ask for a system to be put in. Flip a coin, then at that point you can't blame going second on anyone but yourself. Now onto low levels using high level spells. You want to know the simplest way of avoiding that? Get your character to Max level, and PvP then. Don't sit here and try to fight these people that have Spud pets that MC Fairy, Unicorn has Proof Defy and some type of 5th out of this world talent, that will probably tower until you cry and then Triton you, that will probably have crown gear until they get Commander Gear. Just don't face them, plain as that, if everyone pvp's at max level, they will have 0 choice but to be forced to level. Let's kill 2 Birds with 1 Stone in this next topic, if you're tired of Karma coming around and returning the favor for that level 5 Private with little sense of how PvP works, then stop playing at low level. Simply said. If you want to overpower someone, you will in return get over powered at one point. Don't expect everything to be handed to you. It looks as if we have a rare sighting here guys. Time to kill 3 Birds with 1 Stone. Don't want puppet PvPer's to dominate you? Stay at Max level. 2 Level 90's against a Level 90 and a level 50 isn't going to turn out the same way they expected. You guys complain about these things, but you make room for them to happen. Everyone saying this game has been ruined, yes I do agree with you to the fullest, but you have to understand like I have learned to do. You have to adapt or quit playing. Wizard101 isn't going back to Level 50 cap for anyone. KingsIsle is not going to remove pet talents, critical, these new things. Make the best of this game and play smart. Cause if you have been here since 08 like a lot of others, you understand what frustration is in this game. God Bless All.
YAY THANK YOU FOR LOGIC. Okay for real though, I only disagree with one thing, you can beat people higher level than you, I've done it, my friends have done it. My friend at level 30 beats Warlord level 50s on a regular basis. Think about that. Of course at that point he was rank 160 something on the leaderboards (shoutout to one of my friends ) but I'm always glad to see another adapter to the PvP playing field. I just wrote a thing about Jades so I'm right there with you.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I totally agree with you, just one more addition to Jade gear.

The main problem with jade is not that it grants victory for its wearer in pvp, (because its not as you pointed) but it makes pvp matches much more longer than they meant to be. PvP is the most entertaining part of the game, and it has to be game option, where everybody can show their skill, logic, ability of prediction, the way they prepared for the match (i mean gear, pets, spells learnt, TC...etc.), meanwhile having fun in the arena. In my oppinion a healthy duration for a match is no longer than 40 minutes, but a "Jade" with Life mastery and some reshuffles can easily make a match last longer than that. Those kind of battles are boring and annoying, except for the feeling when you finally manage to win. I consider those battles as a huge waste of my playing time.

I feel Jade steals a lot of fun and playing time from pvp players.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
VelocityOSK on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Haven't really seen anyone who says that Jade is much of a problem in anything but 1v1; critical is only important in 1v1 if you're using a setup that deals more with hitting than shielding, so for a Jade critical really doesn't matter much. Almost all of the people on the "Who goes first" threads haven't been saying "I go first every time", its mostly wanting a way where dispels actually matter for both people, along with tactical shielding, not having to guess to heal, etc. Once you hit max level, you fight a lot more of the people more concerned with making a match take 7 hours than actually doing anything aggressive, the majority of my warlords are under Promethean level. If everyone else leveled to Promethean, I wouldn't really have a problem with it on any of my lower levels, they take out people doubling them in level and tripling them in health quite often. Way back when playing this game, frustration was someone with wild bolt and decent accuracy killing you in 2 minutes; now its a 7 hour long match; I prefer wild bolt much more.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Wolf Skullslinger on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
YAY THANK YOU FOR LOGIC. Okay for real though, I only disagree with one thing, you can beat people higher level than you, I've done it, my friends have done it. My friend at level 30 beats Warlord level 50s on a regular basis. Think about that. Of course at that point he was rank 160 something on the leaderboards (shoutout to one of my friends ) but I'm always glad to see another adapter to the PvP playing field. I just wrote a thing about Jades so I'm right there with you.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade
Yes I did see your post and that actually inspired me to speak on the Jade Topic. I thought you hit some very valid points and figured I would add to it =)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
VelocityOSK on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Yes I did see your post and that actually inspired me to speak on the Jade Topic. I thought you hit some very valid points and figured I would add to it =)
Yay! Thanks, I'm glad you did that