Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with Tartarus

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
To any reader,

I would love to battle Hades in Tartarus, but I am not suicidal to solo the quest. Have been trying for days to do this one, but have only done the Cronus battle (kinda cheesy on learning about the stone he swallowed instead of Zeus). The three that went with me the first time gave me strong blades, but I was only able to Legion shields twice before both wizards did about 55,000 damage to Cronus and I was kinda ashamed that I earned the badge without doing damage to Cronus. The second time I battled him I caused the majority of the downfall of the 3 shades and angered a wizard by casting Snow Angel.

Please help me with his one. I am usually on around noontime EST and sitting on he sigil.

Thanks, Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Explorer
Jun 16, 2013
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
To any reader,

I would love to battle Hades in Tartarus, but I am not suicidal to solo the quest. Have been trying for days to do this one, but have only done the Cronus battle (kinda cheesy on learning about the stone he swallowed instead of Zeus). The three that went with me the first time gave me strong blades, but I was only able to Legion shields twice before both wizards did about 55,000 damage to Cronus and I was kinda ashamed that I earned the badge without doing damage to Cronus. The second time I battled him I caused the majority of the downfall of the 3 shades and angered a wizard by casting Snow Angel.

Please help me with his one. I am usually on around noontime EST and sitting on he sigil.

Thanks, Timothy Pearlflower, L90
Hi again. In another reply, I had mentioned the fansite at wizard101central.com.

Just today, I saw this guide to Tartarus:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?367345-Illustrated-Guide-To-Tartarus-Final-Test-Of-The-Immortal-Games!!

Maybe that will help, along with maybe asking for assistance on that fansite?

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
If you stand near the sigil, youll find someone

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Angela Gem on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
If you stand near the sigil, youll find someone
Angela,

Not to be mean, but it has been a joke for a few days. I see plenty of people gathered, but at least one will join in, and then run out. And yesterday when three others had jumped on with me I was excited, until I was alone in Tartarus.

With all the grottos around Aquila, I am amazed that Hera, Demeter and Hestia were not added into the area. The wiki on wizard central made a big deal over what Cronus had to say after beating him, that I was hoping the three lost souls would have transformed into the daughters of Cronus. Whoops!

So, I let my brother Talon have a go at Aquila. Since the vendor near Silenus has half the items we can craft (hats, robes, boots, wands), I am guessing KI has some ideas down the road for Aquila.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Going in with randoms seems to be a problem - lots of dungeon hopping.

In Aquila, I find it hard to get more than 2 people into a dungeon ever. Someone is always backing out at the last minute for reasons they can't or won't share with the rest of us. And it's not worth my time to take 4 hours to finish each dungeon simply because we are only two.

One idea I had was to separate the Cronus entrance from the main Tartarus entrance. That way, the cronus farmers will line up in a different area. They won't clutter the pad for the main Hades dungeon and vice versa.

The same should be done for the sand squid and Atlantea, and the gladiator and Mount Olympus. Squid farmers, separate entrance so they aren't backing out at the last minute and leaving main dungeon runners stranded, or going in and then detouring directly to the sunken ship and leaving half the team to finish the main alone.

In addition, separating the entrances will screen out some of the low lvls who are going in against Gladiator and then dying and being a dead weight on the team. This has been a problem with gladiator farming - it's even harder to get a mature and efficient group going in there, than it is at Cronus, because it's not level locked. Sorry if you are low lvl and this presents an inconvenience to you - you may be competent and mature, but most are not up to this level of challenge and teamwork.

Thoughts?

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
crunkatog on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:

In Aquila, I find it hard to get more than 2 people into a dungeon ever. Someone is always backing out at the last minute for reasons they can't or won't share with the rest of us. And it's not worth my time to take 4 hours to finish each dungeon simply because we are only two.

One idea I had was to separate the Cronus entrance from the main Tartarus entrance. That way, the cronus farmers will line up in a different area. They won't clutter the pad for the main Hades dungeon and vice versa.

The same should be done for the sand squid and Atlantea, and the gladiator and Mount Olympus. Squid farmers, separate entrance so they aren't backing out at the last minute and leaving main dungeon runners stranded, or going in and then detouring directly to the sunken ship and leaving half the team to finish the main alone.

In addition, separating the entrances will screen out some of the low lvls who are going in against Gladiator and then dying and being a dead weight on the team. This has been a problem with gladiator farming - it's even harder to get a mature and efficient group going in there, than it is at Cronus, because it's not level locked. Sorry if you are low lvl and this presents an inconvenience to you - you may be competent and mature, but most are not up to this level of challenge and teamwork.

Thoughts?
Crunk,

Your ideas on separate areas in each sounds good, I just don't understand whether or not it is because of my school.

I can solo Olympus and defeat all of Zeus' minions (save the gladiator), and when it comes to Poseidon, I can finish off Poseidon and the others with another wizard.

But when it comes to Tartarus, no one wants to help me battle the minions. The first time I got anywhere near the threshhold of Hades, I was joined by a Life, Storm and Balance wizards, and was happy that I might finish it. What happened? First Life, then Storm, and when the Balance Wizard and I battled Cerebus, I made a costly mistake og casting Snow Angel, when I possibly could have removed the middle head.

We were sent packing, despite the other wizard constantly replacing Life henchmen, and then the game stalled, so I shut down the computer.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Meet up? I have a little group that I go in almost everyday (consists of me-, a &). We just need one more person to make it a full group, since going in with a stranger every time doesn't work in our favor like going in with a mute who messes up our strategy -- If you would like to join us reply back for a meet up date.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
crunkatog on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:

Thoughts?
ITs because sometimes people are soloing like me I am fire and then this very irratating person keeps on getting on the sigil when you are trying to solo.