Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's behind that door in the Haunted Cave?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Many young Wizards have wondered what's behind the door at the end of the Haunted Cave...well I'm here to tell you that something new and spooky this way comes....

Read our August Producer's Letter...
https://www.wizard101.com/game/producers-letter-august2013

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 10, 2011
Finally!!!!!!!

Richard AshWeaver Level 29 Wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Fun! thanks for all you do!

Squire
May 10, 2013
Thanx so much! I love hidden stuff and challenges

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Soooo excited!

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
thank you SO MUCH i have been dieing to know what is in there

Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
Maybe it's a new zone like the other side of wizard city, the Shadow of wizard city...the evil side. It completes the prophecy "From the shadows i strike" morganthe is preparing an army against wizard city and this is where evrything goes down lol. The shadow of wizard city is like a parallel universe to the wizard city we know,everything is opposite and in that universe you don't exist . Imagine if there was no one to stop the lost souls in unicorn way lol. Wizard city is in ruins.

it started when you were sent to the haunted cave and wondered why was there a door , then suddenly it opened a portal and you ended up in the parallel side of wizard city. The only person that know you don't belong in the parallel universe is morganthe and the morganthe in the parallel universe is the real morganthe. the professors in the real wizard city are looking for you. Merle finds out where you are and the professors and merle rescue you. Morganthe with her army of all the evil guys from different worlds againts the professors from the different universes have a massive fight then BAM you seal morganthe in the shadow wizard city.

Something crazy like that

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Yay! Finally....the entrance to Candy World has been found!!!!

Just kidding of course.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
I dont really go to the haunted cave so I had no idea that there was a door there but now Im dying to find out whats behind it :)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I think it might have something to do with the Halloween Event this year. "something new and spooky this way comes...."? Sounds like the Staff is planning something very special maybe for Halloween this Year with it being their 5th Anniversary and all.

Of course this is just my guess, but it wouldn't surprise me if I was right. :)

Sincerely
Heather StarHeaven Level 62 Balance Wizard

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
Is it the Aquila that is there or is it something else?

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
well finally thank you so much I mean finally I get to see spooky stuff thanks so much

jenna legendblood level 23

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe it maybe all the Evil Main Bosses like Malistaire, Morganthe, Krokopatra, JadeOni, and etc.

ArchMage Necromaner, Kristen DeathCaster

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I didn't see anything in the producers letter ... where is it?

Squire
May 10, 2013
Jacob30303 on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Is it the Aquila that is there or is it something else?
No Aquila entrance is in Cyclops Lane, not Haunted Cave.

Maybe its called Skeleton Street or something...

Administrator
Alura BH on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I didn't see anything in the producers letter ... where is it?

Finally some clues as to what's to come:

Something new and spooky this way comes -- click the image as it prompts.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
They should make it longer , at least to get more spells for each school.Also if they keep putting new world up theres going to be a point were you wont have pips , they should really get a way to solve that but theres still a LOT left to do.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
its the death school
i am so
happy

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:

Ok, I found it, I didn't go down any further on the PvP section.
Anyway, I read this and then showed my friend and said that I lost my mind. (XD) I am so excited! I can't wait until it comes in-game! That door has been a mystery forever .....

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
That's the Ravenwood Cemetery back there, where the regents of the school lay to rest all the young wizards and students of magic who lost their lives in the line of duty.

Not even the Death students have much to say about it, all they or any other students know is that sometimes students are sent on assignments and do not return. Swallowed by leviathans on a spell quest. Trapped in a time paradox somewhere in Ghost Avalon. Mangled by Frostbranch, pecked to pieces in Ravenscar, cocooned and mummified in the Crystal Grove, or the worst fate of all, beguiled and killed by friendly fire in the dank bilge of Ponce de Gibbon's ship.

They are aware that the course of their studies may bring them into mortal danger, and although the professors take great pains to equip students with the spells and habits they need to protect themselves, the outside world is full of eldritch and distorted magical forces that can turn words and wills into grievous bodily harm.

It's likely Lord Nightshade knew about it, but even he was content to leave well enough alone. In his search for undead recruits, he would usually teach them one or two useful spells, which was all some of them could manage, and leave them otherwise to their own devices. But once in a great while he would encounter the shade of a restless haunted student, and although he coveted their potential as captains of his rotting army, they proved unpredictable and dangerous.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
crunkatog on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
That's the Ravenwood Cemetery back there, where the regents of the school lay to rest all the young wizards and students of magic who lost their lives in the line of duty.

Not even the Death students have much to say about it, all they or any other students know is that sometimes students are sent on assignments and do not return. Swallowed by leviathans on a spell quest. Trapped in a time paradox somewhere in Ghost Avalon. Mangled by Frostbranch, pecked to pieces in Ravenscar, cocooned and mummified in the Crystal Grove, or the worst fate of all, beguiled and killed by friendly fire in the dank bilge of Ponce de Gibbon's ship.

They are aware that the course of their studies may bring them into mortal danger, and although the professors take great pains to equip students with the spells and habits they need to protect themselves, the outside world is full of eldritch and distorted magical forces that can turn words and wills into grievous bodily harm.

It's likely Lord Nightshade knew about it, but even he was content to leave well enough alone. In his search for undead recruits, he would usually teach them one or two useful spells, which was all some of them could manage, and leave them otherwise to their own devices. But once in a great while he would encounter the shade of a restless haunted student, and although he coveted their potential as captains of his rotting army, they proved unpredictable and dangerous.
Well, that'd be awesome. Hope your right

Hunter Blue Flame Promethean

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:

Howdy,

When battling Hades last night he made reference to the Elysian Fields if we failed to beat him and his brothers. And when Orpheus made mention of Eurydice, she was never at the end of e dungeon, unless she was a statue in the garden.

Anyway, could the gate be the Elysian Fields being disturbed by Morganthe, since Nightshade won't disturb the place.

Side note: When three other wizards and I finished battling Hades, the only thing dropped was the Senators boots or robe (90 ). Was that a glitch?

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
katlover283 on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
its the death school
i am so
happy
in the haunted cave and the real death school is under the water fall by rainbow bridge

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
behind the death gate in the haunted cave is a haunted mansion that you must get through to get your reward at the end. btw is a parkour haunted mansion lol.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2013
maybe its a graveyard of all your old enemies and where morganthe is hiding