Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfairness with the drops in Tartarus

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Omiguy on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
This is UNBELIEVABLE!

I did Tartarus today and I'm telling you: NEVER gonna do it again. I finished the last 3 Bosses WITHOUT dying a single time and all I got was reagents and one Treasure Card.

UNBELIEVABLE! Braided Vine, Diamond and Sirens Treasure Card. OH MY GOSH! This Dungeon is so difficult, especially the last battle, and all I got is some Reagents and a Treasure Card. You are insane KingsIsle. I am so mad right now and yes, this might be a rant but it's the truth!

Can somebody care to explain how is it possible that I killed THREE Bosses and only got this kind of stuff? Do you mean to tell me that I only got one thing from each Boss? WOW! You've outdone yourselves this time KingsIsle.

BRAVO!
I totally agree man tartarus has really bad drops. I think we should get something NEW everytime we do this dungeon instead of getting another senator's robe or something like that.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
This is UNBELIEVABLE!

I did Tartarus today and I'm telling you: NEVER gonna do it again. I finished the last 3 Bosses WITHOUT dying a single time and all I got was reagents and one Treasure Card.

UNBELIEVABLE! Braided Vine, Diamond and Sirens Treasure Card. OH MY GOSH! This Dungeon is so difficult, especially the last battle, and all I got is some Reagents and a Treasure Card. You are insane KingsIsle. I am so mad right now and yes, this might be a rant but it's the truth!

Can somebody care to explain how is it possible that I killed THREE Bosses and only got this kind of stuff? Do you mean to tell me that I only got one thing from each Boss? WOW! You've outdone yourselves this time KingsIsle.

BRAVO!
Done the map over a 100 times I have the boots and the hat the end set. I dont have my end robe or divine i guess it will take 100 more times to get it perhaps, so i moved on to other things 90 minues a pop x 100 thats alot of time. reminds me of the metal guardian helmp in p101 i did it 50hrs a week for 5 weeks did not get it then went to just 2-3 runs a day and got it in the 6th week.

p101 is much different because you dont need to rely on others to make the game / maps / bosses go any faster.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Well, the entire drop system seems to be random, and lots of times you don't get the stuff you want.

I experienced the exact same thing when I wanted the Waterworks hat, robe, and boots.
I was desperate and believed everyone. I tried to craft it, but it all boiled down to doing that dungeon. I couldn't do it alone, so my friends helped me. And then, I finally got it.

You will get it someday if you try.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I totally agree. You work so hard with this very difficult lvl 90 dungeon and all you get is reagents and treasure cards. You have to do Tartarus at least 30 times to get one piece of Hades gear. I got the staff on my 3rd try, and the helmet on my 15th try I think. It's my, I think 50th try of Tartarus and all I keep getting is staffs, reagents, and treasure cards, and the Senator's gear. I think they should tweak the system a little bit so the odds of getting anything good are higher.

-Vanessa BattleCrafter - Balance lvl 90

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Drops in Wizard101 are random. You can hit a boss and kill with one hit with a big overkill and only get a stone block reagent. That's just the way it works. Sorry :/

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Everyone I have asked in game agrees,and is frustrated with the drop rates in tartarus.
Please KingsIsle Raise the Drop rates!

Wolf.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
dude hold it its okay if you got that stuff just do it again with a group its fun i soloed this on my fire and didnt care what i had when i did it again i got hades gear except the shoes were storm lol adam fire heart L90

Survivor
May 24, 2010
Dear Gamma,

Is it true if you defeat Hades before the 6th round before he says "Your sands of time are running out!"
You will get a better drop?

I have done tartarus ALOT with each time getting junk like tc's and reagents but then i do it three times within the 6th round and i got the hat robe and another robe...

Please respond!

Adam StormCaster lvl 90

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
I've been quiet happy for my drops and the rarity. I've put in so many hours of farming in tartarus and i've gotten 2 Exalted amulets, Full Balance Defensive set, Wand, And now i'm missing My offensive robe.

If ki raises the drop rate, Ill be very upset as will many people who worked hard on getting items.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I'm over 100 Hades run and still no divine amulet.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
adamxxxaxdxaxm517 on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Dear Gamma,

Is it true if you defeat Hades before the 6th round before he says "Your sands of time are running out!"
You will get a better drop?

I have done tartarus ALOT with each time getting junk like tc's and reagents but then i do it three times within the 6th round and i got the hat robe and another robe...

Please respond!

Adam StormCaster lvl 90
No. We usually defeat him on round 4 or 5 and still get mostly junk.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I feel you man! The very first time (and so far my only time) I did this dungeon (With a super inexperienced team btw) I struggled through the last fight and ... I got a little bit a gold! So I have never done it again to this day! :P But I will try again soon!

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
I agree that it shouldn't be to easy to get everything you want, but there should be a limit. i have fought cronus over a hundred times now and have not collected the athame yet. i believe this to be very unfair some collect the first time others have to do it a few times but over a hundred times and still nothing come on. i have done it every way you can, solo with a group doesn't matter. i don't mind have to do it over a few times it is not really that hard but that many times is ridiculous

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
I want to express my dissatisfaction with the loot table / drop rate of Wizard101 Tartarus dungeon.

At date of this post Tartarus is the only end game battle for me. For the last 14 runs Hades has given me Senator's Sandals and a wand of some sort. In a row! Personally I do not think Senator's gear should even drop of Hades since it is available from other bosses.

Furthermore the return for time invested in Tartarus over countless runs is sub par. Worse then any Korean style grind fest game I have ever played. Also the dungeon is boring and rather mind numbing after the first few runs.

I suggest that the drop rates and loot tables in Tartarus be reworked to provide a better quality of return on game play. Developers, figure it out please. Go in there and see for yourself.

Best Regards,
A paying customer.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
Thomas ShadowThief on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree with what this guy said. Not the whole spazzy part, but the part about a little unfairness in drops. I have done it 5 times and every time I got two reagents (never has one been amber). I am the only one too. Everyone else in my group gets gear; wands, robes, hats and boots. It is frustrating. And so time consuming. Even to just find four people who want to do the whole dungeon and not just Cronus. I am wondering if my frequent reagent drops have been a result of me grabbing the reagents in the first part of the dungeon the first time I played it through. If it is and I can never change that and I will always get reagents as drops, then I may get really frustrated. I would like to see a change in how fair some of these drops in these final bosses are.

Thomas ShadowThief
Five times? What do you expect doing it five times? I did it over 100 times to get all the Hades Torment Gear for my Death Wiz. I almost gave up several times! Then i got determined that I would keep doing " Runs " until I got what I was after. It was not easy at all to get the best gear. It is not supposed to be easy. Just go for it. Do a couple runs a day till you get what you want. When you get all the gear you were after, it's a great feeling of accomplishment. Good luck to all of you. Thomas DeathSword.

Survivor
May 30, 2010
I know it takes me really long to get something I actually want. All I get is senator stuff

Survivor
Jun 08, 2013
10000000% agreed. The fact that the dungeon takes upwards around 90 minutes you would think the good gear would drop more often. NOPE! Been doing this dungeon 3-5 times a day for about 3 weeks(more than 50 times) and have yet to get a piece of the hades defensive gear for my death wizard. Water works takes half the time and gear drops are 10x better. It's disappointing that I have to waste my day doing the same dungeon with no results. I'm not sure if the drops were meant to be >1% for the gear or if I am just unbelievably unlucky, but according to most people i do the dungeon with, they all get the same useless junk i do.

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
This is UNBELIEVABLE!

BRAVO!
I agree, I have been farming gladiator dimachreaus for days and still haven't gotten a potent trap tc for
crafting :(.. ( I got a bunch of armaments though).

Wolf Ravenbreath 93

Survivor
Aug 27, 2011
Dude, you have just done it once you are saying and got nothing it took me a bunch of tries ya but it is the best gear for lvl 90 And also to answer your question the drop rates are low which is good we can't have it easy and get everything right away like lore master if you want to a card it takes you months but you are getting a card for no work she is easy for me but we are talking about getting the best gear in the game

I had this trouble but just trust me and go keep farming and you will become a boss

Get the torment gear it has resist
some damage and it is the water works upgrade king here is a link to hades gear! copy the link down below and paste it in your search bar Have fun farming

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/wizard101-hades-gear-guide/

Explorer
Jul 01, 2011
Waterworks Warrior on Sep 16, 2013 wrote:
Well I have done Tartarus three times and to be honest with you I got the Poseidon Fire HAt and Robe and also the HAdes wand and the zeus fire boots in three runs is this lucky?
No, I am talking about HADES gear. Zues and Poseidon gear is not nearly as good as Hades. Its almost Impossible to get.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
i no right! Tartarus drop rate are way too Low

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dark17604 on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
No, I am talking about HADES gear. Zues and Poseidon gear is not nearly as good as Hades. Its almost Impossible to get.
20 tries doesn't mean it's impossible. There are multiple sets of Hades gear also. The dungeon doesn't take that long and the drop rates are no worse than Waterworks.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
Dude, chill out. Like other people said, you get really rare stuff, then sometimes selfish stuff. It always takes time. Like the waterworks, i usually was always unlucky with the gear drops. So i just did it like 10 times, and through those farming times, i got the whole set, so chill, it just luck.
Just trust me i got selfish drops from Tartarus also, I just got stuff like the robe, weapon, and boots. I still farmed for month and got same things. Today i just got the hat , so it basically ALL luck.
Your Friend- Blaze FireThorn/lvl 95/
Your Friend- Hunter/lvl 37/
Your Friend- Destiny LionHeart/lvl 10/Ps: Just do it for many hours, i am sure you will be lucky today or tomorrow

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wiz247511 on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Five times? What do you expect doing it five times? I did it over 100 times to get all the Hades Torment Gear for my Death Wiz. I almost gave up several times! Then i got determined that I would keep doing " Runs " until I got what I was after. It was not easy at all to get the best gear. It is not supposed to be easy. Just go for it. Do a couple runs a day till you get what you want. When you get all the gear you were after, it's a great feeling of accomplishment. Good luck to all of you. Thomas DeathSword.
This is not what I pay my sub fees to do with my limited game time - now what? Play a game that is geared with the assumption I have said gear? No it's more like listen to those with said gear complain about how easy the game is and get KI to make it rougher on those with out the gear?

I looked in the Crown shop and no "Time" I could purchase that is needed to do that many runs of anything in the game. I also looked for reliable "team" and that couldn't be bought either. So this game solely depends on being better if you have both and all others need not apply.

Feeling of accomplishment can often be misconstrued as feeling of relief very easily.

Mary

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Ok, so I just don't know if i was lucky or what. I have done this dungeon 15 to 20 times and have gotten the full set of Blackthunder gear (Hades storm waterworks upgrade set of gear for people who don't know) and Hades brimstone boots (the offensive boots for storm that Hades drops). I also have the Blade of the felled titan and the alpha and omega ring. I honestly didn't mind tartarus; I thought it was actually a pretty fun dungeon overall. I feel like i was lucky to get everything in 15 runs because i have heard of people that have done it 40+ times and gotten nothing. I somewhat agree with you but in my own personal experience, it didn't take to long to get my full set of gear that i wanted. Doing it once will not give you much but if you do it 10+ times you are bound to get something. If i was to complain about something, I would complain about the blade of the felled titan. I got alpha and omega ring the first time i did gladiator dimachareus. It took me 47 times of farming cronus over and over and over and over to get that blade of the felled titan. i was almost to the point where i was going to give up. But i finally got it giving me everything i wanted but the amulet of divine influence (which i am not going to try to get because i know it has an incredibly rare drop rate, i have seen 2 of them in my whole time playing this game). I learned through cronus that the key to this dungeon is persistance. The gear you get from hades is absolutely amazing. I will probably be using it for a long times similar to waterworks gear. Don't give up on this dungeon, you will probably use this gear for many worlds to come. If cronus or the gladiator are being stubborn, don't give up, be persistant. You will eventually get the items you are looking for.