Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

bundle armor should level with you

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
this may not seem like such a good idea but im an avid player of wizard101 and i barely get to buy membership or crowns but sometimes i get the chance to, recently my friend and i were thinking of buying one of the bundles but since we level so fast we dont want to aste the money, so i think that you should make the bundle armor level with you so that its not a waste of money for the person buying

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
Myifee22 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
this may not seem like such a good idea but im an avid player of wizard101 and i barely get to buy membership or crowns but sometimes i get the chance to, recently my friend and i were thinking of buying one of the bundles but since we level so fast we dont want to aste the money, so i think that you should make the bundle armor level with you so that its not a waste of money for the person buying
i like your idea toobrandon lifeand video star blaze life

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
agreed. What if level 100 comes out? Well then you have to buy a new bundle and a bundle is a chunk of money ($30-$40) so I agree. All we need are 200 more repliers and KI will listen (Or 5,000 I don't really know LOL).
Critical

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
you just admitted it means less money for kingsisle and that means kingsisle is less able to fix bugs and add updates

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
i disagree with you blizzard kl should have more packs on wizard101 more bundles so your wrong!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
critical blizzard on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
you just admitted it means less money for kingsisle and that means kingsisle is less able to fix bugs and add updates
I think Critical Blizzard has a very good point. KI has to balance the affordability of the game for players willing and able to put money into it - with their needs to make a profit, pay staff, maintain the equipment, etc - as well as run and expand the game.

I think the main thing is to remember that most crown gear - maybe all of it - is transferable through the shared bank. So as your highest character levels you pass it down to a younger character. Just be careful and buy gear that is equippable on any school character.

Also, a lot of it can be farmed from bosses. So check Wizard101central.com for any items you hear of or see - there is a list of the bosses that drop them. I've won crown Items in Wizard City, Moo Shu, and I think DS. Also, really good gear that wasn't Crown at all drops in Winter Tusk, Aquila and Water Works. Though that is often school specific. Just save it till you make a character of that school and pass it down too.

As for wishing for some special gear that leveled with the player... I suppose the balance for KI could be struck with a bundle set that was No Trade - and only updated once every time a new world opened or every Major Quest World (like not Wysteria, Aquila, Winter Tusk, or Grizzleheim.) No Trade so you couldn't use it on all your characters - you'd have to buy the bundle 6 times if you wanted it for everyone. Only once each world to encourage people to still buy the Crown items in the shops and Crown Shop - as supplements.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Myifee22 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
me too, or just get a lvl 90 outfit set.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
I totally agree with you. Awesome idea.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Yes. Bundle armor should level up with you. I used to have the hawk rider bundle gear. All I have now is the mount and the pet. I think I sold the armor. Epic fail! And, I think, just maybe, KI could make a slightly cheaper bundle? I would buy it! Or maybe make those thirty dollar bundles give the gear sets and stuff, and also give like a three month membership. My parents think that it's a rip off to buy a bundle that costs forty dollars that only gives a one month membership or a small amount of crowns.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Spiral emperor on Aug 17, 2013 wrote:
Yes. Bundle armor should level up with you. I used to have the hawk rider bundle gear. All I have now is the mount and the pet. I think I sold the armor. Epic fail! And, I think, just maybe, KI could make a slightly cheaper bundle? I would buy it! Or maybe make those thirty dollar bundles give the gear sets and stuff, and also give like a three month membership. My parents think that it's a rip off to buy a bundle that costs forty dollars that only gives a one month membership or a small amount of crowns.
Rip off? Really? I think the $40 bundles are great.
  • You get the Crowns - which is $10 of the price by itself.
  • Then you get a mount which is $2.50-$10 of the price (depending on the mount)
  • Then you get a house or something really unique and cool - a Gauntlet which is $10 - $20 depending on how you buy your Crowns normally
  • You get a pet they basically give away for free at this point
  • Some little doo-dad like the Mini Game Kiosk - also basically free at this point
  • And the stat gear is usually better in many respects than the Crown Shop gear - and is lower priced at this point than those Crown Items from the Crown Shop.
The key is waiting till one comes out that has something you really really want and then Not Redeeming the Gear part of the Gift Icon that shows up - till your wizard is at the right level (wait till at LEAST Dragonspyre) and when you outgrow the gear save it for another character - don't sell it.

And Never Never stitch that gear to a No Trade item - it will become No Trade.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Well gee, thanks for the advice! Not really. And btw I'm in Azteca. Plus, I didn't get any gauntlet, no mini game. I just think that if the player chooses to use the card for the membership option, the card should give at least a two month subscription. I've only bought crowns once. Just a bit. So what your saying is you don't WANT a cheaper bundle? Or at least have gear that levels up with you.