Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is farming for a Jade Oni pet worth it?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I was wondering if farming Jade Oni for the Jade Oni pet was worth the time? I know you can buy the pet in the crown shop, but I wasn't sure if the drop was extremely rare. I don't mind farming, but I also don't want to waste my time on something that will probably not be dropped. Thanks!

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Hello BlueGhost004, I see you are seeking information on the Jade Oni pet.

When I first completed Mooshu and had to defeat the Jade Oni creature, I was surprised to see that I had received a Jade Oni pet on my first time when I was not even expecting it!

Is it a rare drop? The chances could very well be random, that means I have no knowledge in drop rates.

Is it worth it? Here is a link that contains what talents a Jade Oni pet may learn.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Jade_Oni

Jade Oni

Angel Hex,
Student in Balance, Storm and Myth magic.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
BlueGhost004 on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering if farming Jade Oni for the Jade Oni pet was worth the time? I know you can buy the pet in the crown shop, but I wasn't sure if the drop was extremely rare. I don't mind farming, but I also don't want to waste my time on something that will probably not be dropped. Thanks!
with the lower price range sales, if you farm for it you will save like $10. Then you can get holiday stuff. Then you can think "Wow! I saved a chunk of money". That always makes me happy . And with farming there are some people that will farm 50+ times so.........
Critical

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Thank you both for your kind replies. I have decided to intersperse farming Jade Oni with my main and side quests. I figure as I level up the battle will get shorter and shorter and I can farm more often. Thank you both for your opinions and information, as well as the link to the pet profile.

Destiny Dayflower Level 45

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BlueGhost004 on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Thank you both for your kind replies. I have decided to intersperse farming Jade Oni with my main and side quests. I figure as I level up the battle will get shorter and shorter and I can farm more often. Thank you both for your opinions and information, as well as the link to the pet profile.

Destiny Dayflower Level 45
I take my higher level Balance there now and then and one hit him for the pet drop. So far it's no go but I will drop in on him now and then till I get it. I seem to do better if I just do random fighting rather then repeated over and over again in a row.

I also wanted the Leopard pet and found a boss in Drum Jungle that dropped it, I never got it in all my runs though Mirror Lake while everyone else seemed to, I got the Skink and Burning Pixie. It went very well and I got it after about 4 fights.

Since drops are rare to epic rare it's hard to say exactly when you will get things but persistence does rule out.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Northlite on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I take my higher level Balance there now and then and one hit him for the pet drop. So far it's no go but I will drop in on him now and then till I get it. I seem to do better if I just do random fighting rather then repeated over and over again in a row.

I also wanted the Leopard pet and found a boss in Drum Jungle that dropped it, I never got it in all my runs though Mirror Lake while everyone else seemed to, I got the Skink and Burning Pixie. It went very well and I got it after about 4 fights.

Since drops are rare to epic rare it's hard to say exactly when you will get things but persistence does rule out.
Thank you very much for your advice on random over repeated fighting. Does a one hit make a difference in the drop received or is it merely a fighting style?

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
To me, I'd rather Farm pets from the crown shop if you have time...

I got the leopard when I was bored, I got the Sea dragon pet when I was in Celestia. (When I was questing)

Keira Spiritheart lvl 87

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BlueGhost004 on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Thank you very much for your advice on random over repeated fighting. Does a one hit make a difference in the drop received or is it merely a fighting style?
I don't think any fight style matters since drops are random not matter what.

The only thing I think changes your odds is if you need help and now you have less chance of the drop to you as quite a few times the other person has gotten the drop I wanted..

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This pet is not an optimal pet - it has several selfish talents and a card that's not that spectacular.

If you like the body, you can hatch with someone who has this pet and hopefully manifested useful abilities.

There are better bosses to farm for pet drops - Astraeus and Cuthalla both drop good pets in CL.