Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

There should be another way to get this....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
There should be another way to obtain the mastery amulets. I know there are 2 ways to get it, crowns and hoping to get it from a boss drop. But you should be able to get it from gold from the crowns shop. I created a price

Crowns: 9995

Gold:99,995~

I think that price is reasonable?

Anyone who agrees? Please post your ideas here or thoughts

Balance rocks

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The problem we would run into is a devalue of the amulets because everybody would have them. Then, monsters would just start having 2 or 3 mastery items, or they would just allow monsters to cast any spell, without any item, observing power pips, for any school. Because of what the amulet does, the only fair approach would be to make it an extremely high gold value so you have to work for it..... but gold isnt hard to find; even when we sell things at 1/4 the purchase price. They would have to up the amount of gold we could carry, and have it cost half a million in gold for them to warrant the change. I agree that some things would be better off to be sold for gold instead of crowns, but everybody has their own opinion to this, and I have seen others disagree.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Disagree. They would lose a lot of money on mastery amulets and people could simply farm Halfang for a hour or two and they get enough gold to buy it. I do not think its a very good idea, because everyone could get it way too easily then.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
We've been tossing around the idea of having them be craftable, and/or cost a training point to make or buy.

The crafting recipe would probably require dozens of amber or something equally absurd, though.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
Ok i see the issue, but maybe we could either raise the price, or have it crafted?

Balance

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Either throw in the crowns or spend more time. There will be no other way. Case closed. Proffessor Greyrose time to lock this post. I myself spent my money on this and will not allow this. If this ever happens many people will need a refund.