Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I *love* it when this happens

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
When you choose a spell that will inflict damage to yourself and before you get to cast your spell, the enemy gives you a damage dampening effect. I had this happen 2 times jsut now. I'm a death wizard and used Dark Pact. Before I was able to use it, I got a Ninja Pigs spell on me, and the next time I got an Efreet. Thanks monsters for making me take hardly any damage! LOL

What do you love to see happen when you're not expecting it?

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
dayerider on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
When you choose a spell that will inflict damage to yourself and before you get to cast your spell, the enemy gives you a damage dampening effect. I had this happen 2 times jsut now. I'm a death wizard and used Dark Pact. Before I was able to use it, I got a Ninja Pigs spell on me, and the next time I got an Efreet. Thanks monsters for making me take hardly any damage! LOL

When you are going second, and the round you are using a wand spell to break a tower shield, they also use weakness on you! It's so funny!

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
dayerider on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:

Lol, I like it when that happens with immolate! They cast weakness, and then all the traps on them and blades on me make me take less damage then I'm supposed to (I have high resistance to fire; 32%), but they take more than they're supposed to! Weakness can be a pain sometimes, but KI; please keep it in for these reasons! Immolate is my favorite spell.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 47

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
In PvP, your opponent casts insane bolt. He has many blades on and many traps on you and you think your gonna die. But instead, it hits him and he defeated himself. Love when this happens.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
When your death buddy is goofing off and casts Crow (not scarecrow) on a minion and the next enemy in line rips a full pip tempest into his teammate's face. That's some funny right there :) Happened in Winterbane at the last boss. The even better part was the minion had a storm prism stuck on him so it hit for way over lethal.

Or when a boss is cheating smokescreens onto people and just before you hit with a massive tanker truck of levies, which would fizzle, your pet decides to sprite you that turn and breaks the smokescreen. (Or a minion earthquakes all the weaks and smokes off you in time for you to hit)

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I love it when your pet does a may cast to get rid of something horrible

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Happened yesterday in winterbane

My buddy was on the fence whether to temp or sirens and the enemy was going first. I suggested he sirens so we could make sure they were dead since he had about 3 different weaknesses on. Just as he sirened the enemy balance dorks were all like "bladestorm, balanceblade, elemental blade the boss".

POETIC JUSTICE. :trollface:

Speaking of blades

Don't you just love the computer AI when it causes a horrid nasty storm boss to give his death minion a totally useless stormblade? Not only do you dodge a bullet damage-wise, but the boss is wasting his turn doing this so you have time to shield up. Or the Guiding Lights that wind up plastered onto the foreheads of fire mobs who will never use them. Gotta love those wasted blades.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
I love it when i'm using immolate and i get a critical when using immolate and i block it and it does a ton of damage to the enemy .

Or when I use storm beetle when i have a weekness on because it takes the weekness off and puts a +25 blade on me.

blaze ashblood level 60

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
another one is when I'm facing a death enemy, and my pet casts death shield just prior to a 6+ pip attack. I LOVE my Scarecrow pet for it's 4 may-casts!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
In waterworks you go to attack Sylster and someone else uses your only trap and you're about to get the team Ra'd but instead your single attack fizzles. AND the next round you draw something even bigger and better, and safer to use.

Got to love the occasional "I'm on your side, even when I'm not on your side" divine providence.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
When in PVP the Storm opponent has a bunch of blades and traps, casts Insane Bolt, and it does something puny like 20 damage
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
Well i love having a healing pet because i was in a life boss and they used gnomes on me the turn before i was going to satyr since i always carry one on me. Then right after the attack my pet tried to heal and got rid of one of the dispels. Then the minion used elemental blade on the boss idk why, some creatures in the game are just stupid, then my pet tried to heal again after that and my life dispels were gone so i could satyr! I usually don't cut it that close but my pet has had to remove a gnome's life dispels before.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
I love it when that one boss in Avalon uses reshuffle on me when I cant find any good cards.
Or when stupid life creatures use all their pips on a healing spell when they're at full health!!

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
I loved it once when a death boss in Avalon had less than 100 health left and used empower. He finished himself off.My friends and I laughed our heads off.Wish it would happen more often.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
sierraisonfire on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
When in PVP the Storm opponent has a bunch of blades and traps, casts Insane Bolt, and it does something puny like 20 damage
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent
Sounds like wild bolt not insane bolt, which always does at least 1000 (sometimes 10k XD)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I love when an ice guy puts on a tower shield and the next round before i use a wand attack they use a weakness. Two in one!

Victoria Legend flamelevel 80

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Ha! I love it when you use deadly ninja pigs the round before a huge spell!!! And it doesn't do much!

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
One of my favorite things to see is when you're about to use Sacrifice and someone hits you with Nova, Weakness, Efreet, Death Ninja Pigs, anything that leaves a weakness. With the new Loremaster boss, and all the weaknesses that the fonts give, it's especially satisfying to go low health, use the Sacrifice spell, and watch you 1) critical 2) use up the debuffs, 3) Block your own damaging critical, and take very little damage compared to what you would take, 4) Give yourself a ton of health.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Pet heals that take off infections/accuracy debuffs.

Fizzling on a spell that I cast accidentally.

Sirens removing blades before the monsters/bosses hit. I love doing that. *Evil laughter in background*

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Scarlet Nightdream... on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
Pet heals that take off infections/accuracy debuffs.

Fizzling on a spell that I cast accidentally.

Sirens removing blades before the monsters/bosses hit. I love doing that. *Evil laughter in background*
The official name for a fizzle that helps you avoid awful consequences is "tactical fizzle", according to some folks I ran Mirror Lake with this morning.

Faced with a no-blade situation, Frederiksen made a tactical fizzle and rebuilt his offence over the next three turns.

Makes it sound almost deliberate and planned.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A new one -

You're blade stacking in team pvp and you're going first. You bolt a guy almost to death and THEN the other team goes and their two enfeeblers both wiff against your now-empty airspace.

I mean, one enfeebler I can see, but why would two teammates both enfeeble the same guy in the same turn?

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Unicorns And Drago... on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I love it when that one boss in Avalon uses reshuffle on me when I cant find any good cards.
Or when stupid life creatures use all their pips on a healing spell when they're at full health!!

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf
That happens to me to

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I love it when you are about to go buy an expensive Black Pearl or Blood moss from Bazaar. And your Plants in your garden give you one because it needs harvesting.

Alexis Roseflower Level 48

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
Omg, this one time in a 4v4, my whole team's pet were casting sprite so many times, the HoT's (heal over time) were over lapping.. It was actually the only thing keeping us from dying. After like 2 hours, the other team raged quit

Another time is when I was in the Bazaar and someone sold 30 Agave Nectar.. I almost fell outta my chair trying to click the 'Buy' button, I was a happy child that day.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I know this is about what you "love" but what I hated was when I was in PVP with my storm and I was waiting until the opponent bladed herself a lot and then I was going to enfeeble her, she went first so she didn't look like she was going to hit and she hit me and used all her blades. I felt stupid because I took off the storm and fire blades and she already used all the ice blades, so I wasted 2 power pips and she nearly killed me.