Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-19-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Another week has flown by, and as such, we've got another Feedback Friday here in the mix!

This week, let's chat about those little things that make life a lot better. This update to Test, we released Deck Naming and Item Lock. They aren't huge new features or systems, but they sure are helpful and make things easier!

We have a list of these things and we tackle them occasionally when time allows in an update. If you could add one sort of "housekeeping" feature like this that isn't currently available to you, what would it be?

Have a happy weekend! See ya around the Spiral, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
This is a big one, but it would help a ton and make things like the Waterworks a lot shorter.

At the beginning of a battle, everyone on your side (in the case of PvP both sides) gets a dialog box asking if they want to show spell animations or not. (You can turn off this box showing up in Advanced Gameplay settings, you can set to "Always No" or "Always Yes" or "On"). This means when someone casts a spell instead of the creature showing up the damage/heal/shield/trap/blade appears on the player and then the next person casts.

This means that it wouldn't be just everyone pick spells then the turn is over and you have to look at everyone to see what happened. You would see the effect appear, just not the long spell animation. You would also see blades getting destroyed, etc.

Please respond to this comment with constructive replies.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
-Since it takes a little longer to select spells with all the discarding, boosting cards with sun spells, selecting treasure cards, etc., do you think you could raise the time limit for selecting spells to 40 after Zafaria?

-Make an AFK battle mode (asked by someone else here in the message boards) Where when you are away from the keyboard you could press a button to automatically pass for you until you press it again, instead of having to wait for the time limit to be reached.

-Make a more powerful form of a pip, worth 3 pips, that for every 10 percent or so you would gain 1 percent for acquiring one of these new pips each turn.

-You should do the same for entering dungeons that you do for entering PvP. Have like something where you could sign up for entering dungeons 1-4 players, regardless of realm. You would be able to join or create a team and when enough players join you would enter. (Same as PvP). It would make finding people 100x easier!

-Sitting on chairs, couches, and other interactions with furniture (NOT lying on beds!) It would make your stay at someone's house much more enjoyable!

-More voice acting for the players instead of just when you get hit, Maybe even a whole sentence! (like to Morganthe or something!)

I know some of these aren't very small, but they would make the game more enjoyable and easier!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The entire Pet viewing system needs to be revamped. It is very complicated and tedious to go through all my wizards to find the desired pets in which to hatch.

I would create a new house called "Pet Zoo." It would be a place where you could quickly view all your pets on all your wizards and sort by various features. You could sort by school of pet, sort by Pedigree, sort by keywords like "spell proof" or "spiffy pop", sort by type of pet, sort by individual wizards, etc. Maybe you could even put "valuable" pets in specific pens like a "1v1 PvP pen" or a "racing pet pen", which would further make it simpler to hatch new pets.

This would be a great help in finding the right pets to hatch, and would be a one stop shop, so-to-speak, for all your wizard's pets. So any of your wizards would have access to this pet zoo and be able to place or pick up a pet from there. Even better would be to go to your pet zoo, find the two pets you want to hatch, and hatch right there in your zoo. Also, it would be really cool if your friend's could go pick the pet they want to hatch with by viewing your pets in your pet zoo.

I personally find it tedious and difficult to find certain pets and try to figure out in which wizard's inventory they might be located because I'm always hatching and training with various different wizards depending on their gold reserves and my need for a certain type of pet. Sometimes I hatch with one wizard, train it with a different wizard, then equip it with yet another different wizard, so it all gets very confusing very fast.

Maybe this is a bigger "housekeeping" feature than you wanted in this thread, but it is deserving of your consideration.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Similar to the ability to set up card decks for various purposes and leave them that way because of the ability to name the deck: I wish we had a special Wardrobe that would hold all my gear (like the bank or backpack) But - instead of items being tabbed in Hat, Robe, Shoe, Wand, Ring... etc like in the bank & backpack - we could sort them into full Outfit Sets - and name the set.

I also wish that my backpack had this "Outfit View" option. Or maybe it's a Crown Back Pack I have to equip.

These Sets wouldn't be stitched together - if I needed to grab my PVP ring to do a dungeon, I could. But when I unequipped it it would automatically regroup back into my PVP Outfit.

The view that opens to us for Sorting could be like a book. On the left page is the Hat Tab opened. On the right page is a set of lines that fill with the Outfit parts. So I'd see my hats as a group and click on one and it appears on the first line of the right hand page. Then on the left I'd hit the Robe tab and all my robes open up. I click one and it appears over on the second line of my right hand page. And so on. At the very top of the right hand Outfit Page is a fill in blank where I can Name the Outfit.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Wardrobe with Outfit Sets & backpack with "Outfit View"

...and after outfits are sorted and named when I open Outfit View in my wardrobe, bank or back pack I could just pull out or equip whole outfits as they are named. I'd un-equippe "PVP Outfit" and equip "Energy Gear Outfit" or "Level 55 Questing Gear"

Also, it would be nice if we could Name the Wardrobe so if you have them in your shared bank or attics you can just see "Level 0 - 30 Gear" and "Level 31 - 60 Gear" or "Fire Gear" and "Life Gear" Then we could just put them on the character that needed to store gear they were done with or had won for other characters.

I do wish the Wardrobe would actually be pretty furniture pieces to set in houses too. There could be 3 different styles - but being magical we can see them in backpacks, banks and shared banks.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
First off, ty, ty, ty, ty, ty, ty. Naming decks and locking items is huge.
Next, I know you said one sort of thing but I have three (probably more if I think about it):
1. I so think we should have every round of the battle randomly pick which side starts first. I always thought that would be the point of that triangle. It would make things more even PvP and PvE, and keep us wizards on our toes :)
2. Let us sell those garden treasure cards. Maybe I just don't know how, but I can't seem to figure out how to sell them so I discard them one at a time or give/trade them away.
3. This sort of goes with naming of the decks: it would be great to have 'favorite equipment settings'. For example just like with the decks, it could be 'fire boss 1' would mean a particular hat, robe, boots, wand, pet, etc...

on a side note, something I just think would be cool, is if instead of going into a shop and talking to the owner, you could have the stuff on the wall or racks to see and 'x' to interact/buy (you can still go to the owner also), but it would be so cool to see all the wands on their wall or the different boots all lined up, etc...

Explorer
May 17, 2010
OK so I thought of another thing:
I know you can't stop begging, but what if you put a timer on accepting gifts? I think that can really cut down on the amount of begging. I think it actually a few beggars, but they do it so much it affects everyone and feels like a lot. Part 2 would be to add the ability to gift something 'worthless' so that beggars then have to decide if they want to use up their timer slot. I think it would seriously cut down on the begging that goes on. thank you :)

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
1. Group finder: If you are about to go into a difficult dungeon / bossroom, there should be an easier way to find others who want to do it than "pick a realm, see nobody there, wait a minute, repeat"

There could be a pop-up similar to the time warning that says "Hold up, young wizard! There are others at this same location in other realms, would you like to join them? " with clickable yes / no / don't ask again (and you can re-enable the ask again via option menu)

Of course if there are no other wizards at that location in other realms, this pop-up would not appear. Nor for areas you must solo.

2. Non-port warnings: Before you enter an area where others cannot port, have a pop-up to that effect with the ability to disable / re-able in option menu. Also make an 8pixel screen border of yellow and black stripes as a visual reminder.

3. The Bazaar: Have each tab as a separate shop. also have "usable" clicked by default.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Have a Bazaar for each world! This NEEDS to be added!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I would love to see seeds work differently. I feel seeds should NOT count for backpack limit. We would be able to quest MUCH longer and carry more stuff with us without emptying our backpack as often. Many times I have 80 some odd seeds on me because they build up over questing, but I have to decide which ones to take with me and which ones to bank. Why? Pet food and crafting ingredients can be bank-shared, why not seeds? I would love to have Seeds be placed into your shared back just like Crafting ingredients and Pet Snacks with a limit of 999 on each (just like snacks/ingredients). This would make a huge improvement to the game. It would free up slots to be used for those people who take many sets of gear with them for the various battles (I'm not saying they should or shouldn't, I'm saying they do and this would make it easier for them). I can't see a single reason for being able to bank-share snacks and crafting items, but not seeds.

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I know I am over my 'one' suggestion quota, but here is another.
I want to know where my friends are easier than going to their info in the menu, then clicking port to them button and then deciding yes or no. If I want to ask for help, I don't want to even bother asking if they are in the arena or in the middle of waterworks or something. It would be awesome to have a pop-up window showing their location when you hover your mouse over their name in the on-line friend list.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
- For each wizard who has gotten them, the 'no trade, no auction' Trading Cards that you get when questing, could be put in your individual wizard bank (the wiz that received it) for safe keeping. As it is, some of these TC's are used for crafting, but they can take up a lot of your TC card limit. It would be nice if there was somewhere we can put them when they are needed.

- It would be nice if TC garden cards and regular TC can be separated into different categories on your wizard and not grouped together.

- Garden seeds should not count as a backpack item and should have their own 'bank', like reagents. I do a lot of gardening on all my wizards, plus I like to grow some of the cool looking ones just because they look cool.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
1. I so think we should have every round of the battle randomly pick which side starts first. I always thought that would be the point of that triangle. It would make things more even PvP and PvE, and keep us wizards on our toes :)

@I4C gr8ness
This really is not a good idea for PvE. You have to remember that a lot of PvE players like to solo and having the system do a ramdom round pick would put a lot of players off to the point they would stop questing. The fact that some of the cheating bosses already interrupt and take an extra round now is quite enough.

@Dayerider, The same seed count has been mentioned before and would be an assest to players. I would certainly like to see them done the same as snacks and reagents. BTW. seeds can be bank shared but still take up a lot of room in the bank and they can be put in your attic as well. Many players, including myself, would like to see the seed count fixed in this manner. Most players aren't going to have 999 of the same seed but it would be very helpful to not have them taking up a lot of space.

@Alura BH, Have a Bazaar for each world! This NEEDS to be added!

This is another item that is also wanted and would very beneficial to a lot of players. I and many more would like to see this happen.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love the spirit of Malt22's idea. But I’d want to make it clear I'm not wishing for a house to keep All pets in - but each of our wizards could have some magical item that allowed them to see the whole "family" of pets and they'd be searchable.

The pets shouldn't show up automatically. We'd have to put them in the system - so that not every hatch "fail" & free pet is included.

I'd fill in Gnome/ Fairy Friend/ Spell Proof and only Gnomes with Fairy Friend and Spell Proof would show up. Or all Gnomes with either of those talents manifested would show up. The perfect system would be 6 characteristics. So we could do species and 5 talents. Or 5 talents and 1alternate. Or leave the species blank.

If it were a Magical Pet Knowing Crystal Ball we set in our house; the character would engage the crystal ball, open the interface & open the backpack Pet View and click the pets they wanted included. The crystal ball view would show the Pet Species, Pet Name, and the Character in Possession of the Pet; all manifested Talents with Pedigree Number & the Stats (intelligence etc.) Then if they wanted to grab a pet into their backpack they just click on a pet in the Crystal Ball View. No matter where the pet is - another character has it equipped,in a pack, attic, yard, bank - it leaves & goes to the character that's using that crystal ball.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I wish there was some way to organize housing items including plants and trees - across the whole account.

My characters have lots of stuff they aren't using, but I keep keeping it for when I redecorate or start a character over again. I'm pretty sure that if there was some way to see all my housing items I'd find I could sell a lot of them or that I didn't need to buy something, just switch it from one character to another. Even when I have a hunch that I have an extra What-Not its' a pain to try to find it among 7 characters and all my houses, attics, etc.

I wish there were Master Housing Inventory Books that were intractive book on pedestals.
  • The pages would show a Summary View - picture of the item, the total number on my account, number of which are in storage areas & number of which are placed on floors or in yards.

• Then in the more specific Detail View There is a page with pictures of each of my characters and next to the pictures is a set of "stats" # of the item in her back pack, bank, attic, and placed in each of her houses by name. (So I could quickly find the items) Also a picture of the Shared Bank and the number of that item in the Shared Bank
This would make decorating and organizing so much easier. Especially if once the item was found I could just click on a source of the item (the bank # or attic# or floor # and have it appear in the back pack of the character using the book.) So I wouldn't have to fuss with the time of getting it, shared bank and all. If this were the case - it would function in part as a Housing Item Shared Bank - though items not in storage would also be registered.

Also, I wish there were dedicated Gardening Shared Banks so our shared banks weren't clogged with seeds & likes. Are Seeds Housing Items? Life would be much easier if you gave us the Book and there was a Seed Section - so if a character had a seed on them or in their storage areas we could find and move it easier.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
Another week has flown by, and as such, we've got another Feedback Friday here in the mix!

This week, let's chat about those little things that make life a lot better. This update to Test, we released Deck Naming and Item Lock. They aren't huge new features or systems, but they sure are helpful and make things easier!

We have a list of these things and we tackle them occasionally when time allows in an update. If you could add one sort of "housekeeping" feature like this that isn't currently available to you, what would it be?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
there is a glitch in the winterbane hall that not everyone appears together when you enter and it gets me and my friends very mad. if you could fix this it would be nice.
there is also another glitch in winterbane that it says the last boss can not be defeated. and it comes out with like 40,000 health. I seem to be the only one having this trouble.
wolf soul runner ,,, lvl 39

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:

there is a dungeon in marleybone that takes three hours and I can never finish it because I am only allowed on for a 1:45. it is just to long. if you could somehow make it shorter or make it to where you can save your progress and continue latter on one that long. I will never be able to finish it if you keep it like it is.
hope you can do something.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I4C gr8ness on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
OK so I thought of another thing:
I know you can't stop begging, but what if you put a timer on accepting gifts? I think that can really cut down on the amount of begging. I think it actually a few beggars, but they do it so much it affects everyone and feels like a lot. Part 2 would be to add the ability to gift something 'worthless' so that beggars then have to decide if they want to use up their timer slot. I think it would seriously cut down on the begging that goes on. thank you :)
I am with you on tat one. it really is anoying

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
Alura BH on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Have a Bazaar for each world! This NEEDS to be added!
it is very time consuming when you half to go back to wizard city and walk that far to buzzar. I agree that putting one in every world is a great idea but it doesn't half to be like a inside place all the time it can be open and just have a sign that says what it is. I also think if you do this you should put it near someone that you have put in every world so it will be easy to find buzzar

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Please change the way seeds are handled in inventory. They should be similar to reagents and pet snacks, and not block up your inventory and make it difficult to track what seeds you have. This would prevent the constant bag overflows for the people who actively garden.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
I would probably say to make the Solo quests for the later spells like Spinysaur, Storm Owl, ETC. a little bit easier, there is no way that we can do an Azteca boss and minions alone. Not everyone can pay the crowns to get minions and its a little upsetting when you have to pay for them anyway.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
  1. As several others have said, seeds should be treated like snacks and reagents, and have their own bank with a limit of 999. We should also be able to buy/sell them in bulk in the bazaar instead of having to sit there doing one at a time.
  2. I would like the ability to center items placed in my home. Nothing can be centered, and it's particularly obvious, and ugly, when placing items on large stands.
  3. The ability to do something other than simply discarding polymorph treasure cards to get rid of them. If you don't want them auctionable/tradeable, at least let us sell them to a vendor, or feed them to our pets.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
I have been playing in Test a lot and absolutely love the new Locking and Deck Naming features.

Suggestions for further housekeeping:

1. The limit of 500 Treasure Cards - I have several wizards who reach their limit regularly from gardening so I have to constantly run to the bazaar to sell them.
- Make TC's sellable from any location like you have for gear ("Quick Sell")

2. Agree with suggestion to make Seeds not count toward the Backpack items limit.
- Or maybe a Crowns potion to increase backpack space?

3. Friends list - maybe a Crowns potion to increase space on our Friends lists?

Thank you for asking. :)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Dear Professor,

One item that would make my life much easier, is if we could
duplicate the Reshuffle spell now that it's been changed.

Before the change, I only carried 1 or 2 rehuffles in my deck.
We didn't need TC reshuffles at all, esp. when your a Balance.

Now, I still only carry 1 in my main deck, but carry 4 or 5 in
my Treasure card side.
So every match, I am using 2 or 3 or more TC reshuffles.
Then I am back at the bazaar trying to purchase more, and if
none are there, I have to quit for the day.
So having some way to Clone the reshuffle spell would really
help me, and I'll bet a lot of others.

Thanks for reading.