Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzling Chance Fake?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
I was on my character and in a battle. I fizzled my ice beetle three times in a row... I was starting to have a suspicion that the fizzling chances for some cards or schools are not what they say they are...

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
icerocks826611 on Jul 19, 2013 wrote:
I was on my character and in a battle. I fizzled my ice beetle three times in a row... I was starting to have a suspicion that the fizzling chances for some cards or schools are not what they say they are...
I often feel that way too. Storm's cast rate feels more like 50% than 70%....

Ice's success rate feels like 75% to me, just like Fire

Death feels like 90% and balance feels like it has a higher rate than life's spells lol.

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
I feel that way sometimes too. Life almost is impossible to fizzle. Only when you have like 56 health left and you heal then it fizzles. And fire seems to also be 50%.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 63

Sierra - - level 33

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
lol its correct and if your fizzling to much get a higher accuracy stat

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
REAL accuracy-
Storm-
( for me it feels like storm doesn't fizzle as much, I only have a 3% accuracy boost)
Fire-
Ice-
Life-
Death-
Myth-
Um... Idk
Balance-

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Well, you did seem to miss a few details.

1. The accuracy does not add up, for example, you can fizzle frost beetle a million times in a row but that has bad odds, so is almost impossible.

2. What I mean to say is, for frost beetle, you are not going to certainly get eighty times and twenty fizzles.

3. Remember, the accuracy does not add up every time to make it more favorable!

Hope this helped,
William DeathHead

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Yeah that feels the same way for me, too. Storm and Fire both seem to fizzle at about 55%, Ice at 75% and Balance, Life, Myth and Death don't feel as if they fizzle much, but I don't have a Balance or Myth or Death wizard. Life doesn't fizzle a lot but it does at the most inconvenient times possible. All we can do is pray we don't fizzle and/or get more accuracy rating.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Myth feels a bit like 90% but that's my opinion, others might conclude differently ...

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Every time you change your gear, any stat that is affected will briefly drop to default (no gear bonuses applied) value. Sometimes the game seems to glitch and your accuracy, pip chance, and crit block seem to behave as if the game forgot to update your stats after the gear change.

For this reason I always log out to selection screen or change realms, after changing gear that affects one or more stats.

In the case of health/mana, if you change rings or athames or clothing that grants a health bonus, you will sometimes see that your health and mana globes are partially empty. This is because the game briefly sees you without any athame or ring, or hat, or whatever. It adjusts your health/mana globes accordingly, but completely forgets to restore the health or mana "lost" when it downsized your health and mana caps.

It may be doing this with your pip chance, and your accuracy. You may need to log off and back on if you notice these aren't performing as advertised.

I don't code for KI so I don't know the details, but relogging fixes a lot of glitches.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2013
It feels like Balance NEVER fizzles I'm level 18 and only fizzled once

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
For me I fizzle around 8% of the time with fire spells on my fire character, I rarely fizzle. But, I do remember fizzling a 99% accuracy satyr on my old ice....(Not kidding. It happened.)

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Molly the Balance ... on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
REAL accuracy-
Storm-
( for me it feels like storm doesn't fizzle as much, I only have a 3% accuracy boost)
Fire-
Ice-
Life-
Death-
Myth-
Um... Idk
Balance-
I must strongly disagree with you. I am sorry, but ice doesn't fizzle half of the time. It fizzles often in a row, but other than, it has been working great for me the entire time I play

Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 84

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
NinjaB0y13254 on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I have a balance wizard and she still fizzles a bunch...

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64
Sierra Hex - - level 33

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Greek and Roman Go... on Jul 26, 2013 wrote:
I must strongly disagree with you. I am sorry, but ice doesn't fizzle half of the time. It fizzles often in a row, but other than, it has been working great for me the entire time I play

Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 84
I see your point. I guess I overdid it on ice. On balance, too. I have a level 10 ice struggling through Krok and here main challenge is accuracy and damage points, but still I may have overdid it.
Ice- 75
Balance-90

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Fizziling chances are real, but sometimes we just fall in the lucky/unlucky spot of the wheel ( of %). Sometimes we are lucky ( Not a single fizzle! Yay!) and sometimes we are unlucky ( In one battle I fizzled every time I cast Sunbird. *4) so it's only chance. But hopefully we ate salad of 4-leaf clovers that day! ( But hopefully we get the good side and be lucky with fizzle chances).

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
I think Deaths poison spell has a bad fizzle rate also. Seems to fizzle about %50 of the time.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
NinjaB0y13254 on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
I'm level 42 balance just wait until you fizzle against the bosses that can do half of your health in a single hit that's bladed and trapped. I hate that thing with bosses. And I fizzled a bladed and trapped hydra that by my calculations would have done 700 damage per head maybe 1,000 per head (So embarrassing a fire ended up using helephant). So just wait until you have to cast 25 spells per boss (Especially Jade Oni) and you are bound to fizz.

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
sometimes it seems If one person fizzles it sets of a chain reaction of fizzling

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
Hollyleafwarrior on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
sometimes it seems If one person fizzles it sets of a chain reaction of fizzling
Sometimes, i feel that way too. And everything fizzles when it is the last resort like if you use a satyr at 100 health or your last good card in your deck.

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Hollyleafwarrior on Aug 1, 2013 wrote:
I love it when that happens, the enemies fizzle, one or two pass, and I don't get hit. It's also nice if that happens when I fizzle, so it's not too bad.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Fire feels like 90% to me

And balance 79%

Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , sister #1

Alura Rainheart, lvl 27 , sister #2
Brecken Storytalon, lvl 25 , sister #3

Savannah Darkbane, lvl 18 , sister #4

Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 11 , sister #5
Kestral Wintergrove, lvl 5 , sister #6

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Some times my Life fizzles nonstop (except on 100% spells). Other times I can go weeks on end with my Storm wondering what a fizzle looks like. Right now my fire fizzles the first non 100% spell every battle.

It makes me think fizzles is *NOT* random

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
That is very interesting what people are observing. This is what i see in success rate.

: 80%
: 70%
: 90%
: 60%
: 85%
: 99.9%
: 50%

Sierra Hex - - level 33