Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is my Epic Mummy Cat not so epic?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2013
Just curious, maybe someone can shed some light on this situation and help me understand, because currently I do not understand this. I have a Mummy Cat pet who has the following abilities:
Blocker
Wise
Plague
Cure Crusher

Now, as I play this game, I notice that other Wizards pets seem to be casting a spell on every other turn! Played with a guy last night, and EVERY fight we had against NPC's his pet cast something, sometimes several spells in a single fight.

I just thought he was "lucky" so as I teamed up with another Wizard, his pet cast a fairy like every other time he was attacked. I was grouped with him for an hour or so, and his pet consistently cast spells.

I thought my pet's level was too low, so I leveled him to Epic, yet my pet remains strangely quiet.

So, in conclusion, my pet has two casting abilities at his current level (Plague and Infection), and out of the thousands of battles that we have fought, I have only seen my pet cast Plague about a dozen times, maybe less. Furthermore, I have never once seen him cast Infection.

Am I missing something here or is my epic kitty just plain lame? What do I need to do to perk him up so he casts more?

He just seems like a lazy kitty to me at the moment!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It's all random. Don't know what to say. Some people swear that if you always congratulate your pet after he casts a may-cast, it will increase the casting behavior. Try that - maybe they're on to something.

And definitely try to hatch with someone who has a may-cast heal cat. You have two solid abilities so far so someone will undoubtedly be interested.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I think some 'may casts' have a lower percentage of casting than others. A couple of my Death pets have 'may cast Death blade', yet I have never seen these pets cast it.

My first generation Mummy Cat I took to ancient, just to see what talents would pop up. I remember 'blocker' but can't remember the others. I have specific talents I like in a pet, so I will do some serious hatching to get what I want.

Sheba, my mega Mummy Cat (4th generation hatch) now has Proof (10), Defy (5), Sprite, Fairy, Pain Giver (6%), which are the talents I like in my pets.

You might try hatching with one of your friends who has a great pet to see if you can get some better talents like healing. The best is to hatch with another Death pet, but if you can find someone with all universal talents in the gene pool, that would be okay as well.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Umm, I think your epic Mummy cat is pretty darn epic. Blocker is a sought after talent, plague is as well, and cure crusher omg i'd kill to get that on a pvp pet. Your mummy cat has some incredible talents, they may not be the ones you want, maybe you should try taking it to the hatchery and see if anyone wants to hatch with you.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
Train your Mummy Cat to a adult then see if it gives you cards. My Cat Thug gives a card at adult so try that I guess

Survivor
May 05, 2013
Tatiana Winterhear... on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Umm, I think your epic Mummy cat is pretty darn epic. Blocker is a sought after talent, plague is as well, and cure crusher omg i'd kill to get that on a pvp pet. Your mummy cat has some incredible talents, they may not be the ones you want, maybe you should try taking it to the hatchery and see if anyone wants to hatch with you.
I agree Tatianna, my pet is epic and I love it. My problem isn't with the abilities he has, my problem is he never casts.