Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shield Animations

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
I've had this idea for a while now, but never voiced it. What if the shields we put up in battle (ex: Elemental Shield, Glacial Shield, Ether Shield, etc.) had an animation opposite of it's school instead of the flash of light? This could mean the shield is 'using' the opposite school of magic to resist the spell. Here are my animation ideas for each school.

Fire: Shield appears in a block of ice, then the ice vanishes (not melts).
Ice: Shield appears in a burst of flames.
Storm: Shield appears in a puff of smoke or fog.
Life: Shield appears with dust and small skull animations like the ones in Death spells.
Death: Shield appears in a green burst of light with small leaves.
Myth: Shield appears in a small explosion of sparks.

Now since Balance doesn't have a school specific shield that doesn't need to be worried about. As for a spell like Tower Shield, the normal flash of light would work as well. Any thoughts

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
Shadow of the Past on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
I've had this idea for a while now, but never voiced it. What if the shields we put up in battle (ex: Elemental Shield, Glacial Shield, Ether Shield, etc.) had an animation opposite of it's school instead of the flash of light? This could mean the shield is 'using' the opposite school of magic to resist the spell. Here are my animation ideas for each school.

Fire: Shield appears in a block of ice, then the ice vanishes (not melts).
Ice: Shield appears in a burst of flames.
Storm: Shield appears in a puff of smoke or fog.
Life: Shield appears with dust and small skull animations like the ones in Death spells.
Death: Shield appears in a green burst of light with small leaves.
Myth: Shield appears in a small explosion of sparks.

Now since Balance doesn't have a school specific shield that doesn't need to be worried about. As for a spell like Tower Shield, the normal flash of light would work as well. Any thoughts
Nah i think thats too much.

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Neat idea, but I think the animations should be for the school, not the opposite school.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Nah, not so intresting. But here's a good idea for spell animations:

When the shield appears, it is a normal. But when it blocks part ( or all) of a spell, it blasts against the shield, in somewhat of an explosion ( color varies from different schools) onto the shield, while the element of the shield is like a protective dome ( the element only changes color) over the player with certain shield. If you have seen the Wiz101 Tournament commercial, you know what I mean. Wouldn't that from the commercial be awesome to see in the game?

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
SoupWizard64 on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Nah, not so intresting. But here's a good idea for spell animations:

When the shield appears, it is a normal. But when it blocks part ( or all) of a spell, it blasts against the shield, in somewhat of an explosion ( color varies from different schools) onto the shield, while the element of the shield is like a protective dome ( the element only changes color) over the player with certain shield. If you have seen the Wiz101 Tournament commercial, you know what I mean. Wouldn't that from the commercial be awesome to see in the game?
Yeah, I think when the shield starts to break it should form something like an aura that fades away and has a small sort of explosion.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I like the idea, but I think that it would be a bit overwhelming. Would they just appear and disappear like that, or would the still do that as they circle around you. Maybe a bit to bright for the game