Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting for a beginner

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
So, I have never crafted before, and I hear the gear in Avalon that can be crafted is good. i'm in avalon and i am stuck with my ww gear, i have no idea how to become a legendary artisan but i want to eventually try out some crafting gear but i'd have to be a legendary artisan to do that. how do i become one? is there like a starter crafting quest? i really have no idea how to start crafting lol

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Lachjdk on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
So, I have never crafted before, and I hear the gear in Avalon that can be crafted is good. i'm in avalon and i am stuck with my ww gear, i have no idea how to become a legendary artisan but i want to eventually try out some crafting gear but i'd have to be a legendary artisan to do that. how do i become one? is there like a starter crafting quest? i really have no idea how to start crafting lol
Go back to the first crafting quest given near the Bazaar in wizard city. You have to progress from there. It's going to take quite a bit of time though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Lachjdk on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Along side the bridge across from the Bazaar is where you can start crafting, she has you collect mist wood for your first table, even if you have a passel of mist wood in your pack, you must collect one after you take the quest, she then gives you the first quest Daggers of Absolution to craft, you must buy the recipe from her, collect/buy etc. the ingredients, use the table to craft them and return the crafted daggers to her then she leads you on to Krock Lands quester. You must have room for them in your backpack and return to her with them in it.

FYI many are in AZ with Water Works (me for one) gear or a mix of dropped or crafted gear, still so don't look for any magic in this area.

I found it was helpful to have my main wizard that I did craft from the beginning be my crafter - she has access to the most areas and I have most of the reagent finds down pat now. I have crafted the Wintertusk gear for all my schools now. I like that it can be equipped at level 56 giving me an edge on Wintertusk and Celestia over waiting for WW gear with almost the same stats. So far the highest gear item I have crafted is a pr of boots from Avalon for the resist my Life wizard is short on.

In the end you have a long haul for the badge you would need, so consider how well you are doing now and check the gear stats from the vendors before you even bother - you can not buy the recipes but you can see what the crafted item offers stat wise.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks RavenLady777 & Northlite :) So far , I am on the first Dragonspyre crafting quest, it's time consuming because I need diamonds but I need Ore to harvest them, will probably take me almost a week. I'm an Adept Crafter right now, do I still have a long way to go? Crafting can be such a drag but I'm stuck on a boss anyways so I've been bored. Also, do you know of the good gear vendor in AV, his name, and location? Thanks for the help :)