Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-12-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's been a great and productive week, and we put an update out to our Test Server, feel free to check that out if you want a sneak peek at what's new and shiny. But for now, we have some Feedback to Friday, so let's get on with it!

This week, we wanted to talk about our newest commercial. Here's the link to it on YouTube if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9K7ApIpY9g

This week, we'd like to ask: Have you previously seen the commercial? What did you think of it? If you were highlighting something from the Spiral to be in a TV commercial, what would it be?

Have a great weekend Wizards! See you next time.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Historian
May 06, 2009
Professor Falmea on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
It's been a great and productive week, and we put an update out to our Test Server, feel free to check that out if you want a sneak peek at what's new and shiny. But for now, we have some Feedback to Friday, so let's get on with it!

This week, we wanted to talk about our newest commercial. Here's the link to it on YouTube if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9K7ApIpY9g

This week, we'd like to ask: Have you previously seen the commercial? What did you think of it? If you were highlighting something from the Spiral to be in a TV commercial, what would it be?

Have a great weekend Wizards! See you next time.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I've seen the commercial many times and I really liked how you guys tied real world things to a more animated scene. The effects were very nice and I just liked the overall feel.

If you guys could highlight anything in the Spiral for a TV commercial I have 2 suggestions:

1. Each of the seven schools! Show people what Wizard they can become similiar to Pirate101's Choose Your Pirate commercial.

2. Show your last 2 major world updates. You guys got up to Zafaria then for what ever reasons stopped. I think you should attempt a short commercial that highlights Avalon and Azteca. That would be cool

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I have seen the commercial before..... it made get back into W101 as for something to highlight about it.. would be the customization of gear for Wizards (if you haven't done that yet)

Belgrim Greenthief, 81

Mitchell Seablood, 30

keep chugging along KI

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
You have another commercial where some wizards are fighting Malistare in Dragonspyre, maybe have another one with different wizards fighting morganthe in Avalon just an idea, love the new commercial and I have seen it on TV previously

John Dragoncatcher 83

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I think you should show the pet derby, even if it's just a short scene. You should make it look super realistic like the previous commercials. Pet derby hasn't really gotten much attention since its creation. Maybe you could even add pet tournaments! As a derby-er I really think that pet derby needs to be promoted and have new content added.

Maybe also pet minigames?

Maybe show a wizard decorating his/her castle, or throwing a party! That would be awesome!

How about showing wizards gathering reagents and crafting?

Wizards riding on mounts?

Wizards playing musical instruments in a band?

Wizards trading treasure cards?

The Ravenwood teachers?

You could probably fit all this in one commercial! Thanks for reading!

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
i have already seen the commercial and thought it was cool that you introduced live beings into the commercials as it was only wizard101 characters.. BTW love the new test realm but i was honestly expecting to cap lvl 100 but its all ok just gotta wait..

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
If I were highlighting something from the commercial - It would be the new updates. No doubt in my mind. Aquila is beautiful.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Yes! i have seen the commercial many times! You guys have done a great job at the commercials in the past and I just made another account after 5 years due to the commercial with Morganthe. If you were to make a new commercial I would make it clear to the soon to be wizards that there are many fun and exciting worlds (and more on the way I am sure). Worlds like:

Krokotopia
Marleybone
MooShu
Dragonspyre
Celestia
Zafaria
Avalon
Azteca
The new world, Aquila!
Grizzlehiem/ Wintertusk

Show them all the dedication, creativity and passion you have put into not only the worlds but the whole game!

Another cool thing to portray would be the spells! Maybe in the closely related world, and even the astral spells of celestia!

Balance in krokotopia
Life in mooShu
Fire in dragonspyre
Star, moon, and sun in celestia
Storm in Aquila (maybe the new Greek gods theme, would be great to show)

Sorry I am not sure what the other worlds closely related element is :P

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Show the people all the positive actions of the community, what they do together, play together, the website, and everything else amazing about the community.

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I really like that it's not more dueling with Malistaire, even though that was very entertaining it was getting a bit too drawn out and new Wizards couldn't learn much about the game. This one is better, but I'm not sure if I like having the actors. Their clothes don't really match, or anything. I would like to see pets/pet training in a commercial.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
  1. I. Loved. It!!!!!
  2. I would make a commerical about the final world in the 2nd arc when it comes out. Like, wizards battling Morganthe for the final battle. One fire wizard, (Girl) a Death wizard (a boy) a storm wizard (boy) and a Balance wizard (Girl)

Administrator
Thanks Wizards, glad you liked it! I'll pass this on to the folks that worked on the commercial! ::grin::

New Feedback Friday coming up shortly!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea