Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Did i use my training points wisely..........

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2009
I am a storm Magus, and i used my training for death. I bought everything up to feint then i stopped. Then i realized storm has low health, and the 30% trap on me would be a suicidal move. I am not sure if this is a good idea.

If this is a good idea, what should use my training points on? I was think either life up to satyr, or ice up to tower shield. I will have to pick one of those cause i really want to have the sun spells in celestia.

Elijah DreamHaven
Level 30 MAGUS

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
On my storm I did Life to Satyr Ice to Tower and Death to Feint in that order. Satyr and Tower for health and Feint because more damage is required in the higher levels. I'd keep your Feint(s) incase you ever need them. It's not worth going to get your training points back though.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MajesticLord on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
I am a storm Magus, and i used my training for death. I bought everything up to feint then i stopped. Then i realized storm has low health, and the 30% trap on me would be a suicidal move. I am not sure if this is a good idea.

If this is a good idea, what should use my training points on? I was think either life up to satyr, or ice up to tower shield. I will have to pick one of those cause i really want to have the sun spells in celestia.

Elijah DreamHaven
Level 30 MAGUS
I don't use Feint on our Storm wizards because as you say not a wise move with low health to trap your self. Even the Jewel of Feint puts a 20% trap on you - shield before you cast it is the only recourse.

We do get the tri blade from Niles, Stun Block from Diego, maybe reshuffle, then we start the Sun Spells in Celestia for the boost to our school spells. I did get Ice to Tower on one of our Storms but he doesn't seem to get time to use it much, we play in a group and we just buff him up and he hammers. If you solo it maybe handier. Gear on Storm is very important - with the right gear your spells become much more effective.

Keep in mind as you amass more and more treasure cards and can buy and sell them, these can fill in the blanks or be tested to see if you really want the permanent card in your deck.

I have pretty much easily and quite quickly, soloed my Storm wizard as a challenge though the first 2 areas of Celestia so far.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
you really cannot go wrong with either school. Personally i would go life, because of life gain. The life gain would cancel out the need for higher protection spells.