Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth can beat jade easy

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Earth, shatter... easy enough? Once you jade enemy shield or blade up just use earth. Just pack a bit more earth and some earth TC you'd be set.
Feel free to ask me if anything I said is wrong :)

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Death commander on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Earth, shatter... easy enough? Once you jade enemy shield or blade up just use earth. Just pack a bit more earth and some earth TC you'd be set.
I don't completely agree with "Myth can beat Jade easy" but I can kind of agree with "Myth can beat Jade a heck of a lot easier than anyone else". We can take out any blade stacking they attempt, and if we are smart we can usually keep off the worst of the trap stacking as well. On top of that, we can use a Vaporize myth dispel enough to their earth and shatter not much of a threat. The only real problems that remain are 1. Vaporize in Mother Moon deck is only 9 copies, which often won't show up as much as we would like, 2. Cleanse Ward doesn't work great, so if they start using Feints covered by Spirit Traps then when are in the same predicament as everyone else, and 3. We can shield-kill pretty well, but there is still always that 75% universal resist, and even with Infallible that can make a good Solar Calendar or Basilisk turn into something that their pet will heal off. I'm basing the amount of Jade damage reduction on my own 77%, maybe some people can get a lot more I don't know.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Death commander on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
Death commander,

Ok, if that is true, lets say you have a Jade with 93%, like the one I just fought last week.
He was using the Beta fish to bring up his resist to 93% resist for Storm and Balance.
He could do the same thing to bring up his resist for Myth, or Life.
So, you have a wizard across the circle, using Guardian spirit, 93% resist, the Myth Amulet so
he can quake when he wants to, a minion, and a ton of shields and heals.
You can't one hit him, because he quakes everytime you put up more than two blades.
He's is dumping Myth Dispels on you from his side deck, so you can't shatter his shields.
Even if you could, guess what, he's sitting at 93% resist, and he can heal any damage off.

He's 100% turtle and carries a lot of Reshuffles......... he plans on waiting you out till you flee.
Take him out,....... easy enough right?

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Playing pvp for month never meet a person with 80~90 resist
u cant just say that 90% resist are EVERYWHERE
there is maybe 15 out of 100 that have that much of resist

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Veracity8 on Jul 20, 2013 wrote:
Death commander,

Ok, if that is true, lets say you have a Jade with 93%, like the one I just fought last week.
He was using the Beta fish to bring up his resist to 93% resist for Storm and Balance.
He could do the same thing to bring up his resist for Myth, or Life.
So, you have a wizard across the circle, using Guardian spirit, 93% resist, the Myth Amulet so
he can quake when he wants to, a minion, and a ton of shields and heals.
You can't one hit him, because he quakes everytime you put up more than two blades.
He's is dumping Myth Dispels on you from his side deck, so you can't shatter his shields.
Even if you could, guess what, he's sitting at 93% resist, and he can heal any damage off.

He's 100% turtle and carries a lot of Reshuffles......... he plans on waiting you out till you flee.
Take him out,....... easy enough right?
Your really raging hard about this 93-94% resistance; I try and look at every thread that shows up here, and almost all of them have that posted. And this really wasn't even a thread for Jade's resistance, it was a Myth is the easiest school to beat Jade with. And on top of that, your starting to go talking about him using myth dispels and minions and earthquake... thats what a myth is. Learn to respond to these threads based on what they actually are, instead of raging on EVERY topic that shows up. and if your using a pet for singular resistance, your going to sacrifice may casts/whatever else you could have used that slot for getting it. I've already said in some other threads that above 88% universal is not currently possible. If someone wants to go singular resistance, yes they can use the base 82% jade 15 pet heartsteel chill band gear, and then add into the pet either 10% or 15% resistance to a single school. However, this is really not all that useful, Lets say its a pet with spritely, fairy friend, 15% universal 15% myth resist. You don't have all that great of a chance of fighting a myth. Using a myth mastery amulet, his health would be 3000-4500. Myth is not a school you can myth dispel easily on; obviously. The lack of a life mastery amulet makes it trivial for you to life dispel/infection, while he's trying to get four pips for a Satyr. You can EASILY let him shield and blade up with you earthing after a blade or two, and then once he's getting ready for reshuffle use shatter medusa stun medusa. The part that really annoys me is that THIS WAS NOT A RESISTANCE THREAD. This was simply a thought from someone expressing their idea that myth is the best school to fight Jade armor; which I FULLY agree with. Just because you fight someone who buffs school specific on their pet and lack the skill to simply use a prism, infallible, shatter and hit (Myth dispels are easy to get off, just get a myth wand/carry some bloodbats). You do not have to repost little hate speechs against Jade gear on EVERY THREAD. This is two weeks old for crying out loud.

Mason ShadowwraithAnti-Anti-Jade

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Try that against a mana burn supernova and other painful balance spells v_v'