Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Battles = Frustration!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
I have encountered this numerous times, especially in lower levels, in my travels across the Spiral. Wizards who I have never talked to before enter a battle I'm in without asking. It infuriates me! Countless times I have been one hit away from defeating an enemy and completing a quest when BOOM, someone else enters and drags out the battle. Someone even had the audacity to call me "rude", when all I said was: "You could've asked before joining". Ok... *inhale* *exhale*... here's my idea. When someone wishes to join your battle, a small box appears reading: "Would you like _____ to join the battle?" By 'your' battle, I mean the person in the Sun spot, or first spot, if you will. To address a possible issue with this idea, if more than one person is in battle, and another wishes to join, only the player on the Sun spot will be asked. Yes, the other players may not have wanted the extra help, but it would become too tiresome to have everyone vote on one player joining the battle. Thanks for reading!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Although frustrating, I have had this happen before. Sometimes I don't even mind. I have also made some friends during those battles.

I can see several problems that would arise if they locked battle circles. The one that comes first to mind is very simple. Some areas have very limited enemies. I would be very annoying and unfair, if you were trying to do a defeat or collect quest, but could not join a battle because someone would not let you join.

As for asking before joining your battles--I lost count of how many times I asked to join a battle only to have the question be ignored because the person has their chat bubbles off and their chat window closed. Now, if i need the quest, and I am in an area where I cannot start my own battle, I will join someones battle without asking. When I do join someone's battle, I make sure I hold my own. I will shield the person I see getting hit, and even blade someone that i feel can hit harder than me.

Remember, the spiral belongs to EVERYONE.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Why does someone have to ask to join the battle? It's not like you own the world. If it's not yours, people don't have to ask.

Though, yes, I have had this happen to me before. But to be honest it isn't a really big deal. When a wizard joins the battle your in, another creature joins. So all you have to do is leave it to the wizard who joined to defeat it. Just keep passing until the other person gets annoyed and just kills it once and for all. After all, the creatures you bring in, you defeat. However, the creature the OTHER person brings in, they defeat. Simple.

Good idea, but just not necessary.

~Molly

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
kingsisle doesn't have a lock battle setting and they never will because you can join whatever battle you want