Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

House parties

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
My birthday is coming up, and earlier today my mom called me to give her the list of people I want to invite to my party. That reminded me that there are no house parties in wizard101. Instead of just telling all of your friends "teleport to me" all the time for a party and have them want to keep questing or come when they don't really want to, why don't we just add little party favors to wizard101? They could add invitations and thank you cards so that they come at a time they're comfortable and be glad that they know they were appreciated with more than a "Thanks.". Maybe 10 gold per invitation or thank you card? Then, KI could add little decorative balloons and streamers, and some fun games you can only play at a house party. Then we could have party themes for the invitation, like a birthday or just to take a break from doing quests. And of course, there should be a new setting for houses, where people can come, only you can go, nobody can go (like if you really don't like your house and you don't want anybody else seeing it either), or invitation/party host only. Sorry if I'm rolling with my text; but last but not least, goody bags. Each person who was invited to the party could get a goody bag. Maybe silly things, like party hat or silly stream. Is this a good idea? Feel free to take away or add on to my idea. It's just fun little add-on to the game; nothing necessary.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
I think your idea is great!
Many Wizard do not have time for parties, finding time between their questing schedules. I think that the invitation should be an option for friends.

~Miranda Thundergem
Legendary Theurgist

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
I Actually Think This Is A Cool Idea. I Have A Cool House That I Would Love To Have Parties In, And It Would Be A Cool Addition To The Spiral. Great Idea!!

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I would like this.

Even though I'm one of those wiz that never has time to do much between pet training, gardening, pvp, and questing/helping out other people in the questing.

It would be nice for two reasons

One, you could set a date/time ahead of where you're at so people could plan around it. When you log on, you see a nag icon in the left side of your HUD and it has the invite and creates another nag icon that you can click on that ports you to the party when it has begun.

Two, you could avoid the constant chore of pestering all your friends to port to you. You pull up your invite event pane, which loads a list of your current friends, and you tick a box by their names when you want to invite them to the newly created event. One step, no hassle and no annoyance factor.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
I think your idea is great, but I have some idea expansions. My first expansion is being able to tell what kind of party it is. Examples: Birthday Party, 4th of July Party, and Dance Party. My second expansion is where to put decorations, like cakes and streamers. And party exclusives like Birthday parties have balloons with your character's name on them, 4th of July parties have fireworks (outside only), and Dance Parties have dance floors. There will be more for every party. Finally, presents people can give you, like wands, clothes, pets and more. These are Birthday party and a couple other party exclusives. Unlike other presents, the pets come in cages.

Thats all!

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
lol maybe when your in your house you can click host party and anywhere you can click a button that says parties and it will show a list of owners and will say their names and you can pay 80 crowns to be put at top of list

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Fabulous idea!!! I love having parties at my house, why not have a real me with party favors and temporary decorations? EPIC!!! It would be a great addition to the game, and really fun. When I have parties, all we do is talk and over-decorate our houses. We could also have a piñata (u choose shape/color or a holiday piñata) on Easter there could be an Easter egg hunt, on Halloween you could pick a temporary costume from a small selection. We could also have some other celebrations from other cultures such as Chinese New Year , or Mardi gras!! What a nice way to take a break from questing besides chatting in the commons happy birthday btw

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
I really like that idea! There could be different party favors and decorations for different kinds of parties. Also some could correspond with holidays or something. I sometimes host parties and it would be cool if you could plan out when it is and then the invites would be sent at that time automatically. Plus then you don't have to go through the "invite all your friends" part at the beginning just to get the party started which may or may not be successful. I hope KingsIsle considers this! :)

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
make the gobbler pinata cost more crowns and make it useable and party housing set like the azteca and avalon housing sets and more people would buy housing games

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
critical blizzard on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
make the gobbler pinata cost more crowns and make it useable and party housing set like the azteca and avalon housing sets and more people would buy housing games
Lol the piniata could drop items and people take turns using it till all the items are gone.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
Awesome idea! Along with party stuff, there should be a list house owners can bring up that shows the names of everyone in their house. On that list there should be an option to send all players away from your house. I know some people who really don't like wizards in their house after parties, and this could come in good use for them and anyone who doesn't want anyone in their house.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
Little Dragon Spar... on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
My birthday is coming up, and earlier today my mom called me to give her the list of people I want to invite to my party. That reminded me that there are no house parties in wizard101. Instead of just telling all of your friends "teleport to me" all the time for a party and have them want to keep questing or come when they don't really want to, why don't we just add little party favors to wizard101? They could add invitations and thank you cards so that they come at a time they're comfortable and be glad that they know they were appreciated with more than a "Thanks.". Maybe 10 gold per invitation or thank you card? Then, KI could add little decorative balloons and streamers, and some fun games you can only play at a house party. Then we could have party themes for the invitation, like a birthday or just to take a break from doing quests. And of course, there should be a new setting for houses, where people can come, only you can go, nobody can go (like if you really don't like your house and you don't want anybody else seeing it either), or invitation/party host only. Sorry if I'm rolling with my text; but last but not least, goody bags. Each person who was invited to the party could get a goody bag. Maybe silly things, like party hat or silly stream. Is this a good idea? Feel free to take away or add on to my idea. It's just fun little add-on to the game; nothing necessary.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46
this is great!!!!! i would love to have a party in my house with life school decrotions Well done!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2012
Great idea I love it and support it

Coyle Thundershard

Explorer
May 06, 2012
I LOVE IT!!! and hopefuly KI will not involve Crowns like in tornoments

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
Thats an amazing idea! I love having parties but it's kinda weird without all the details. I am just happy that they sell cake and a banner which helps with the theme. I usually just play a few games and stick people in a jail cell. The food in wizard101 though is pretty good for parties. But having invites and stuff would be sick! I hope wizard101 see's this thread.

Tara FairyBlossom Level 31

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Pretty great ideas! I got one idea. Why don't we have a Wizard101 Fun House so we can bounce in at the parties. Also it could be at what store you sell your retail stuff at. Like the clothing.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Sniper Rose on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Pretty great ideas! I got one idea. Why don't we have a Wizard101 Fun House so we can bounce in at the parties. Also it could be at what store you sell your retail stuff at. Like the clothing.
interesting