Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Wizard mastery amulet question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Ok. I have a balance wizard that received the winter moon spell with the sale that happened last week. He is level 13 and I really enjoy using the spell. I had already started using my talent points towards ice cause I use him to pvp and was wondering if an ice mastery amulet would be a good choice for him. Any ideas from you guys, especially any balance wizards who may have tried using ice as a secondary? I just dont want to get a mastery amulet that would be a waste especially since I dont see a lot of ice mastery amulets being used.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Gorman Legendstone wrote a great pvp strategy profile for the 80+ balance with ice mastery on the duelist101 site not too long ago.

You might try looking there, or going to the Balance strategy guide section of central and either searching or posting your setup (train points, current goals, options) and asking for input.

It's not the usual build for Balance (death mastery is much more common) but you will still have an opportunity to train death to Feint. Just be sure and read and ask questions - how can you best use the non-tower non-dispel ice spells you will have access to? Is winter moon strictly better, worse, or about the same utility as mana burn? Are you temperamentally suited towards the ice mastery game plan, which is highly unusual?

Only reason I am even aware of this strategy is because I am pushing a balance through adept right now and looking hard at train points. I have a death amulet from Waterworks on another wiz. I reasoned I would train death as my main secondary but now I'm trying to hoard up some points towards an alternative.

Let us know what you find out and how it works. :)

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
If ice is your secondary school and you have the money to spend, go for it. Most people are not willing to spend the money to get the boost.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
SwimmingStud on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Ok. I have a balance wizard that received the winter moon spell with the sale that happened last week. He is level 13 and I really enjoy using the spell. I had already started using my talent points towards ice cause I use him to pvp and was wondering if an ice mastery amulet would be a good choice for him. Any ideas from you guys, especially any balance wizards who may have tried using ice as a secondary? I just dont want to get a mastery amulet that would be a waste especially since I dont see a lot of ice mastery amulets being used.
if that is gonna be the only spell probably not you should probably go with the ife mastery but if you wanna use lots of ice stuff then yes the ice mastery will work well :3 (blaze ravenmender leve 53 Blaze moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
if you want to then you can but since your a balance you could just train to a tower shield in ice.. then if you want go for a life mastery amulet for a satyr.. i have a 28 and i use a life mastery amulet.... but its your choice.