Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

so long, farewell...

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i would write you a horrible poem in closing, except that i'm not feeling very creative today.

anyway, my subs are both up on the 18th of this month, and it is with mixed emotions that i have decided that i won't be renewing them for another year.

i've had lots of fun during my time here, and met some incredible people as well. but real life has commanded my attention, and the great vonawesome is needed elsewhere. so i'll be taking a break from the game~ a very long break, from which i may or may not return. so feel free to bother mally in my absence... wouldn't want him to miss me, after all!

of course, i will miss trolling the boards and chatting with all of you; it's been a real slice, and those of you who wish to find me know where to look.

until our paths cross once more, happy & safe travels to all, & don't run out of ice cream!

-Laura S.
"von"

don’t be dismayed at goodbyes; a farewell is necessary before we can meet again. and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
We shall always remember you, mostly because messages always stay on the boards, then again, they lock up after awhile ... Oh well anyways I wish you luck!

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Wizard one-oh-one was great fun,
But wizard RottenHeart is also done!
Dr Von was a great magician,
So lets follow her tradition,
Of having lots of fun!

The Spriral will miss Dr. Von,
She will be missed when she's gone,
She gave great advice
And was always nice
Even to goofs like Bryce!

My poems are kind of rotten
So please don't think I'm mockin'
I'm doing the best I can
To say Dr. Von is Rockin!

Farewell And Happy Wizarding!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Oh my gosh....I will miss you SOOOO much von

Your posts have made me laugh out loud, and your personality has cheered me up on sad days. You were also helpful to us when we needed guidance through the game. You became pretty much famous on these message boards because you were so awesome and unique. Everytime I saw a post you made, I would always go to it, because I wanted to read what you said. When I read the title of this and saw your name, I knew what was coming. And I wasn't about to not say goodbye
I am going to make a poem for you because you write incredible poems
Fire is Red and ice is blue
We will all miss von, and that is you
your quotes and your smiley faces too
You cheered us up, you made us laugh
You gave us guidance through the spirals paths
I will miss you and tonight after dawn
I won't lie, I will cry over you, Von

You have been a great wizard in the game and we will miss you with all of our hearts. I want to tell you I won't cry tonight, but that would be lying. Keep being amazing Von, and be youself because you are awesome. I hope you come back, and I will be here waiting. It is your choice though, and I understand life. I will never forget you

Goodbye and farewell Von from your fan, Angela

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dr Von on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
i would write you a horrible poem in closing, except that i'm not feeling very creative today.

anyway, my subs are both up on the 18th of this month, and it is with mixed emotions that i have decided that i won't be renewing them for another year.

i've had lots of fun during my time here, and met some incredible people as well. but real life has commanded my attention, and the great vonawesome is needed elsewhere. so i'll be taking a break from the game~ a very long break, from which i may or may not return. so feel free to bother mally in my absence... wouldn't want him to miss me, after all!

of course, i will miss trolling the boards and chatting with all of you; it's been a real slice, and those of you who wish to find me know where to look.

until our paths cross once more, happy & safe travels to all, & don't run out of ice cream!

-Laura S.
"von"

don’t be dismayed at goodbyes; a farewell is necessary before we can meet again. and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
You will be missed, Von! I hope life works out well for you and that you are able to find your way back someday. Take care and stay magical! ;)

Explorer
Jul 15, 2011
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Those of us who enjoy reading your insights will miss you - don't be a stranger!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Dr Von on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:

-Laura S.
"von"

Aww. It's been nice knowing you. I just love logging on here to check the message boards, as your posts always end up cracking me up somehow.

I wish you luck in the real world and I promise Scarlet won't go bugging Malistaire too often. ("That's what YOU think. I still haven't received my robe from him.") *hugs* Good luck and farewell.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 90 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 46 Thaumaturge

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Bye! I will miss you very much, even though I have never met you on the game, I still will miss you on the message board.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Defender
Jan 22, 2012
You are the epitome of the message boards! You will be missed!
All good things must come to an end, and this must be the closure of your Wizard101 era.
Good luck in your future.
Sierra, Transcendent

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
So many people leaving as of late. But just when I get back. Haha, goodbye vonawesome, see ya another time.

-gtafreak101

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
We never agreed on almost anything in here, but I still hope for the best for you.

Sarahnimo

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
wizardrokz on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Oh my gosh....I will miss you SOOOO much von

Your posts have made me laugh out loud, and your personality has cheered me up on sad days. You were also helpful to us when we needed guidance through the game. You became pretty much famous on these message boards because you were so awesome and unique. Everytime I saw a post you made, I would always go to it, because I wanted to read what you said. When I read the title of this and saw your name, I knew what was coming. And I wasn't about to not say goodbye
I am going to make a poem for you because you write incredible poems
Fire is Red and ice is blue
We will all miss von, and that is you
your quotes and your smiley faces too
You cheered us up, you made us laugh
You gave us guidance through the spirals paths
I will miss you and tonight after dawn
I won't lie, I will cry over you, Von

You have been a great wizard in the game and we will miss you with all of our hearts. I want to tell you I won't cry tonight, but that would be lying. Keep being amazing Von, and be youself because you are awesome. I hope you come back, and I will be here waiting. It is your choice though, and I understand life. I will never forget you

Goodbye and farewell Von from your fan, Angela
I must agree with wizardrokz, everytime i see your name on the message boards, its always something amazingly hilarious, really helpful, or just some of you vast knowlege being shared with others. I really will miss you, Von, and I hope that life works out well for you. Maybe someday you will rediscover Wizard101 when the level cap is in the hundreds, and if you do, I know for a fact we will welcome you back with open arms. I'm starting to tear up, goodbyes arent really my thing, so I'll make it short and sweet,

Dr. VonAwesome, your name is true, you really are Awesome
If you keep being awesome, I think we all know life will be succesful for you
Good Luck To You, Out In The Real World, & Stay Magical
Farewell, And May You Always Be Dr. VonAwesome To Us

Before I Go, I Propose A Toast, Ice Cream For All

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Goodbye we will all miss you a lot! I never got to meet you in person, but like somebody else said, I loved your posts on the message boards.

Molly66

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AlphaWolf02 on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Will you return after a new world comes out?
that is a distinct possibility.
now, here is that horrible poem i promised:

a farewell to arms (and the spiral)

the end is just a new beginning,
so just hang in there, keep on winning!
and, just in case you weren't aware,
i'll miss you more than malistaire!

thank you, everyone, for your kind words
(and non-horrible poetry);
i will miss you all very much!

-v.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I'll miss you, so here is my poem;

Celestia is dull,Zafaria is true,
No new worlds will be the same,
without advice from you.

At night, the birds won't sing,
without Dr. Von,
to hear the ring.

Now that's you're gone,
nothing is the same,
never will play until dawn.

we miss you Von,
wishing,
you never gone

Thanks for all you did. I am a fan, and always will be, forever and always.

I can't breathe, without you, but I have too... ~Taylor Swift, Breathe

Now that you're gone, I feel like I'm dyin' ~ Gone.,Alura Battleheart, lvl 89 pyromancer

And yes, I do write my own songs.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
Bye von! even though i dont think i met you in the spiral, you were always awesome on the message boards. like many other people on here, ill miss you.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 89(and three fourths) Balance~ over and out

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
Alura BH on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
I'll miss you, so here is my poem;

Celestia is dull,Zafaria is true,
No new worlds will be the same,
without advice from you.

At night, the birds won't sing,
without Dr. Von,
to hear the ring.

Now that's you're gone,
nothing is the same,
never will play until dawn.

we miss you Von,
wishing,
you never gone

Thanks for all you did. I am a fan, and always will be, forever and always.

I can't breathe, without you, but I have too... ~Taylor Swift, Breathe

Now that you're gone, I feel like I'm dyin' ~ Gone.,Alura Battleheart, lvl 89 pyromancer

And yes, I do write my own songs.
That's sweet.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I .. had... a dream.... That I met you in-game Von. Goodbye :):

Alura Battleheart andAlura Rainheart

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Farewell, Von! You will be missed on the message boards very much.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I think your views on the game have been very much like mine.

The game I joined is not the game it has become and I get no enjoyment out of the upper worlds.

I unlike you allowed my subs to renew a while back and now do regret it because I too could use a break from the game.

Either or, you will be missed I am sure.

Mary StarGem

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Aw man, that's terrible. I wish I was more active on the message boards so I could've gotten to know you better. I haven't agreed with all of your posts, but you seemed like a person I could get with (in-game and real life). I hope that your good-bye isn't forever and seriously I wish you all the best in life!

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Best of luck to you Von, sometimes a break does you good. I let my sub lapse, then came back after a well needed breather.
Over time you may remember the good, forget the bad, and have regained constitution for the ugly, well, what little of that there is.
Good luck!
pods