Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Rating?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
I have a question for wizards that are experienced with the Critical Rating system. I understand that 10 Critical Rating isn't 10% chance to critical, I also know that you can tell what percentage you have by hovering your mouse over your Critical Rating(s). My pet has the ability to give me Critical Rating for Death spells. Does anyone know how much Critical Rating equals 1%? Or any percent for that matter, I just need a number to do the math.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Truthfully, Critical ratings work EXACTLY as blades do. You stack up the percents to the highest amount you can get, and strike. Truthfully, I think that percents cannot be based off of your critical rating because it can continue past one hundred and one hundred is a fraction over one hundred, but I'd say its somewhere 1-10.

Blaze Mythmancer Level 89 Myth

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I too would like a reliable critical rating calculator. From my understanding, it's somewhat based on your level as well as your gear. I have no idea how this works, or how critical block works other than "it's a ratio".

Help?

Historian
May 06, 2009
Shadow of the Past on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
I have a question for wizards that are experienced with the Critical Rating system. I understand that 10 Critical Rating isn't 10% chance to critical, I also know that you can tell what percentage you have by hovering your mouse over your Critical Rating(s). My pet has the ability to give me Critical Rating for Death spells. Does anyone know how much Critical Rating equals 1%? Or any percent for that matter, I just need a number to do the math.
Critical and Critical Block Rating work on a system of 1-500 Points. Every 5 points of Critical or Block equals 1%. So if you have 10 Critical or Block, that's 2% on a chance to Critical or Block.

I like to have my Critical and Block around a 40-50% chance of happening. This means I'd need close to 180 to over 200 Points of Critical and Block, which I easily get with Avalon Crafted Gear and the Brutal Ice Arrow Rod (dropped around Azteca). Having at least 80-130 Points with Blocks will most times end in your favor.

Hope this helps!

Just a Tip: From what I've experienced, if your Block or Critical is higher than your opponent's Critical or Block, you have a better chance Criticaling and Blocking them.

Here's an example.
Wizard X and Y are dueling.
Wizard X has 130 Critical (26%) and 100 Block (20%).
Wizard Y has 60 Critical (12%) and 80 (16%) Block.

Wizard X casts Fire Cat and criticals. His Critical Rating is larger than Wizard Y's Block so it less like Wizard Y will Block and Wizard Y doesn't.

On the flip side, Wizard Y casts Dark Spirite and criticals. However Wizard X's Block is larger than Wizard Y's Critical Rating and thus, he gains a Block.

I hope I told that in a way that isn't confusing lol

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
critical rating is out of 500 and critical block is out of 400. so every 125 critical points is 25% and every 100 block is 25%. so 1% is 5 critical points and 1% is 4 block points. hope you understand this.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jul 4, 2013 wrote:
Critical and Critical Block Rating work on a system of 1-500 Points. Every 5 points of Critical or Block equals 1%. So if you have 10 Critical or Block, that's 2% on a chance to Critical or Block.

I like to have my Critical and Block around a 40-50% chance of happening. This means I'd need close to 180 to over 200 Points of Critical and Block, which I easily get with Avalon Crafted Gear and the Brutal Ice Arrow Rod (dropped around Azteca). Having at least 80-130 Points with Blocks will most times end in your favor.

Hope this helps!

Just a Tip: From what I've experienced, if your Block or Critical is higher than your opponent's Critical or Block, you have a better chance Criticaling and Blocking them.

Here's an example.

Wizard X casts Fire Cat and criticals. His Critical Rating is larger than Wizard Y's Block so it less like Wizard Y will Block and Wizard Y doesn't.

On the flip side, Wizard Y casts Dark Spirite and criticals. However Wizard X's Block is larger than Wizard Y's Critical Rating and thus, he gains a Block.

good guide that helped me thanks!:)

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011

Hope this helps!

Here's an example.

Thanks for not making me type that much they teached us that kind of math last year and I am quite good now but great guide though.Oh no can't type my baby cousin is crying gotta babysit.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
I don't think it is based on 500 for hit. I think it is 565.75.

I have a critical hit of 413. When i hover over the number, it gives me 73%. so 413/x=73/100 or 41300=73x or 41300/73=x which is 565.75

for block, i have a 90 block, which states that it is 13%. Looks like block can max out to 692.31

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

Hope this helps!

Here's an example.

no sry my friend had storm striker critical striker critical hitter on a pet and only 4% chance storm critical from it he said it ws because they were small individually

Defender
Aug 08, 2012