Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School: Water

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Ok, so there is ice, life, fire, storm, myth, death, and balance schools so it just seems right to have a water school. Perhaps, water school could be the opposite school to balance, then balance could have a prism. It would be very cool to have a spell with something that looks like Poseidon or something. There could be starfish, mermaid, and seahorse pets! Just an idea.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Water would pretty much just be storm. Also, water isn't really a logical opposite to balance, and balance doesn't have a prism for a reason. Poseidon in my mind looks pretty much like storm lord. There is already a starfish pet and a seahorse mount, and personally Kingsisle needs to stay away from humanoid pets (and shouldn't even consider riding on humanoids). The current seven schools is perfect for covering pretty much every area of the game.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2013
BlueGhost004 on Jul 3, 2013 wrote:
Ok, so there is ice, life, fire, storm, myth, death, and balance schools so it just seems right to have a water school. Perhaps, water school could be the opposite school to balance, then balance could have a prism. It would be very cool to have a spell with something that looks like Poseidon or something. There could be starfish, mermaid, and seahorse pets! Just an idea.
That's a bit too much like storm.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2011
Wouldn't it be a copy of the Storm School?

Just saying, Storm has Tempest, Kraken, most of them do with water.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Water is part of both Ice and Storm. And there is a starfish pet already, and a seahorse mount.
Sorry...

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
So, um, storm.

Because triton looks like Poseidon. There's already a starfish pet, it's ice. And there's already a seahorse mount and a mermaid spell.

Balance doesn't need any more trouble than it already has. :(

Survivor
May 18, 2012
No thanks.

If someone wanted to be water, but they are like level 80, they can't go back. Unless they make a new person, and start over.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
Well we already have storm which has to do a lot with water ( half of the spells are aquatic like sharks,kraken, triton, ect.)
As for being weak to balance... I don't see how it makes sense

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
sorry to burst your bubble, but have you heard of storm? Poseidon? Triton is similar enough that it would get very complicated. and also i believe kingsisle wants to keep their own deities rather than real ones. i believe that water would just be too redundant with storm around and i don't think it would make much sense to have another balance boost :/
my thoughts
Gabriel Ashcaller level 71 sorcerer

"when the judge appears, may it deem your opponent guilty"

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
It sounds like an interesting concept, however when you say a Poseidon spell i think of the storm spell Triton. There are also already starfish pets that can be bought in Celestia along with other pets like a sea turtle if i'm correct, its been a long time since i did Celestia. Aside from those i think some already mentioned water school ideas from other threads could be combined with these into a water school.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Storm is Water and technically so is Ice.

There are Starfish and SeaDragon pets.

Balance does not have an opposite since it is of all schools.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Sorry, but this idea is really bad. For one, it takes a lot of work, time, and money to make another school. Second, it wouldn`t be fair to those who made 5 wizards in October 2008 to have to delete a Promethean if they wanted a Water wizard. And third, the entire point of Balance is to have no opposite.

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48

Survivor
May 11, 2010
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
No, we do not need another school. Storm and ice are a little bit like water anyways....
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
hey buddy? remember how storm is water? if your gonna make another school it's gonna be destruction or chaos or something

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Hey guys, it's an idea forum, no need to be rude. Thank you to the one person who was the least bit polite on these replies.

When someone makes fun of your ideas, think about how you've done it too, and, next time, try being nice. Thanks.

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
As many others have said, this is way too much like storm. Strom has sirens, leviathan, shark, kraken, triton, tempest, water elemental, and that's it for water spells. So............ Plus siren pet exists now and it's storm.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
BlueGhost004 on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys, it's an idea forum, no need to be rude. Thank you to the one person who was the least bit polite on these replies.

When someone makes fun of your ideas, think about how you've done it too, and, next time, try being nice. Thanks.
No one was making fun of your idea or being rude. We were simply stating our opinions, and if you dislike them, that is no reason to overreact. Besides, there have been many threads about new schools, many posters who have been insulted about other players` opinions about the "School of Chaos", and many ideas for new schools that have never been added to the game. Also, I think many will agree that an opposite for Balance does not fit in well with the school of balance or the game. However, every 5 main worlds, there has been an addition of schools to spend our training points on, counting the original 7. Water could possibly be added to a number of others for new 3rd arc spells.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
I thought of a school of falling or something like that

than balance can convert

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Onetime I thought of that, but storm is basically water so if they made a water school it would be too much like storm. As for being opposite to balance, I don't think that would be the best idea because that is one of their best advantages.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Sorry, but Storm is pretty much water. Or at least it relates. Anyway it would take allot of time and effort for KingsIsle to put in another school.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Good idea, but i do not agree. I'm already in that school- its called Storm!

Storm titans ruled over the water. Water would be a copy of storm. Sorry, but i dont think so.

Destiny Windgem, level 53

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
Woot yeah GO STORM! High five, fellow storm wizards! I like your idea though about a water school, but storm already covers that. Sorry.

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
uhhh balance controls all schools it has no opposite and i have starfish pet and ice and storm covers water pretty much water is inside ice when ice melts water is created and there could be no school colors for it cause it would have to be the ice colors and there is a mermaid spell seahorse mount like he said and storm has tempest spell and thats tons of water and there could be im sorry but this is not a good idea it has basicly already been here sence the game was in beta so i do not like this idea