Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I need help to Defeat Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2009
Hello level 52 Ice and after reading the message boards realize I need 2 others to help activate some crystals to get into the locked room and defeat Malistaire. ANyone offer any advice or help?? Please let me know Thanks - Donna Redsword (East coast)

Delver
May 04, 2009
Donna Redsword on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
Hello level 52 Ice and after reading the message boards realize I need 2 others to help activate some crystals to get into the locked room and defeat Malistaire. ANyone offer any advice or help?? Please let me know Thanks - Donna Redsword (East coast)
They made some changes to this quest, and now it is possible to do it solo. I have done it more than once.

This first link gives details on The Great Spyre:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:The_Great_Spyre

It explains that "before Fall 2010, you had to activate three crystal stands at approximately the same time", but now there is only ONE crystal.

And this link gives more details on how to do that dungeon too:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?321919-It-is-possible-to-solo-the-Great-Spyre-and-Malistaire-right

Scroll down to Post #4 on that link, and the player gives his details for completing the quest. He talks about "tag team" if you go in with other players, but that isn't necessary. It can be done solo.

Hope this helps.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Donna Redsword on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
You don't need anyone... I have soloed this dungeon and what you are reading on message boards is how the dungeon used to be. I just soloed it a few months ago, so if you feel you can solo, go for it!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I would love to help! I can't go to dragonspyre yet though i am in Mooshu. We would have to add each other.

Angela Gem
Level 40
wizard

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
I am a level 51 Fire and I would love to help, as I have the quest.
My wizard name is Mark strongsword.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I'd love to help you. I have a pretty decent life wizard at about 52 or 53 level.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
I'd love to offer help. I have a Grandmaster Fire (Level 55-56)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Survivor
Jul 28, 2011