Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buying Your Wizard Level via Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2013
Hiya Everyone

Now this idea comes from playing WoW for years, seeing as Wizard101 is very soon going to have Level 100 and there are now thousands of quest, I think it would be a cool idea if you created elixirs that would level you up to one of the many worlds that are currently playable.

Example:
Buying a Mooshu Level Elixir, will raise your level and give you the quest to start there from the Headmaster.
Note: All the quests that you havent done will still be there, you just get to skip them and go back if you choose to do so.

I mean with 11/12 worlds and one on the way, its just an idea to get some new players caught up with others and maybe have some older players return to the fun and be the same level with there friends.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
sorry never going to happen. if you want to get to a world you have to work for it

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
This would create many more rightful complaints about the game being pay to win.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This seems unbalanced at first glance, but I can see where someone who has another level 90 wizard would want to skip the long and grindy climb to level 35 on their current wizard.

I wouldn't spend crowns this way, mostly because I like the wizards I made and want to quest with them to develop a strategy for dealing with mobs of all types. It's one thing to read strategy guides, but we learn best by watching, listening, and doing (practice makes perfect). I'm actually enjoying questing on a fresh new wizard because its play options are so much different from my old retiring wizard.

The other reason this might be bad for the game is you skip the parts of the game where you meet and make friends with other wizards. If you buy a level 90 wizard, you have no friendships to tap into when you enter the next world that's supposedly harder than AZ. Good luck on street fights against Xibalba-quality dorks if you don't have any level-appropriate friends.

Lastly it would be just another reason for complaining about "pay to win".

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SpiralKeeper on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Hiya Everyone

Now this idea comes from playing WoW for years, seeing as Wizard101 is very soon going to have Level 100 and there are now thousands of quest, I think it would be a cool idea if you created elixirs that would level you up to one of the many worlds that are currently playable.

Example:
Buying a Mooshu Level Elixir, will raise your level and give you the quest to start there from the Headmaster.
Note: All the quests that you havent done will still be there, you just get to skip them and go back if you choose to do so.

I mean with 11/12 worlds and one on the way, its just an idea to get some new players caught up with others and maybe have some older players return to the fun and be the same level with there friends.
Absolutely not.
This is not WoW and people are already sick of the pay to win attitude of late where every thing costs crowns. This set up I enjoy...you earn your way through not just run amok all over the place without the needed experience to move on.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
SpiralKeeper on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Hiya Everyone

Example:

This is called porting to a friend and marking the location. You "unlock" it that way.

and this would make the game too easy...
What I mean is, let's say a level 1 wizard goes to Azteca. He gets his level to 80 or something way higher. Wouldn't this be cheating?
(Sorry if I am being on the opposing side of you idea, but I like it.)
Note: No world has a set level. With the exception of Grizzleheim.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
:) keep posting...

Alexander LionBreaker, Level 23

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I really don't like this idea. You would miss so much in the game. Playing through the game is part of the challenge. Besides, just think of all the cool drops you would miss.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
This would be a cause for complaints... (not saying I'm completely against it) I would like to start off my new wizard where I left off my level 42 , though.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
No, I would hate for this idea to ever be implemented in game. Think about it, those who spent countless hours leveling up their characters and making them the best they could. Would all have to get a refund for said level buying via crowns. That means Kingsisle would run out of business for the reason which mesns no more W101 for anyone. Please don't do this idea Kingsisle if you do many people will quit.

Eric StormHunter Level 75 Transcendent Storm

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
--> This is pay-to-win. I'm not fond of the idea.

--> If you already have a high level wizard, leveling up a 2nd wizard is incredibly easy. Abiity to shared bank unlimited wealth, gear, pets, etc. Plus you already understand the game, spells, strategies, story, maps, etc.

--> I believe that playing the same quests over and over to level up subsequent wizards is tedious and annoying. Having alternate paths for wizard advancement would be really nice. Perhaps shorter but significantly more challenging paths.

~ RottenHeart

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
RottenHeart on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
--> This is pay-to-win. I'm not fond of the idea.

--> If you already have a high level wizard, leveling up a 2nd wizard is incredibly easy. Abiity to shared bank unlimited wealth, gear, pets, etc. Plus you already understand the game, spells, strategies, story, maps, etc.

--> I believe that playing the same quests over and over to level up subsequent wizards is tedious and annoying. Having alternate paths for wizard advancement would be really nice. Perhaps shorter but significantly more challenging paths.

~ RottenHeart
Good idea, for the last one! But maybe there should be a requirement to have another wizard, lets say, through Marleybone first?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Sorry, but NO. There was a similar suggestion quite some time ago and it won't happen. The game is designed for Quest Progression and it has been stated that is the only way you will be able to access progressive worlds. Level will not make any difference in this aspect. If you do not have the quest to go to the next world, you have to earn it.

If this kind of change ever takes place in this game, I am finished with all accounts immediately canceled. My wizards have worked hard to get where they are and so have millions of others.

Explorer
May 05, 2011
The only way that could happen is if it could only be used by accounts with a Wizard that passed that world. Like if you're new, its going to be impossible to use those 'elixirs' because its taking away a HUGE part of the storyline! But if you have like a Promethean and then the rest of your wizards are noobs, then it would be possible to skip a world since your strongest wizard already has been through the storyline of that world.
Its could be like the tutorials...

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
Sorry, but no, no, no.

Some people have worked very hard to be where they're at, and now people can buy their levels?
That totally seems unfair, they can bypass all these hard dungeons, and they'll probably skip the storyline, too.

- Savannah LifeHunter, lvl 72

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
No. Then everyone would be buying elixirs and you won't have to quest at all so just, no.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.