Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Price to much to reset training points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I was checking my account on wizard101 and I haven't been on while and I went on my myth account and I remember when the moon schools and star and sun schools came I reset my training points to get mostly moon spells not the brightest idea I had but now since I am regretting it and I loved my myth with all his spells so I went to Mr. Lincoln who reset your training points with crowns but when I checked the price it was 5950 crowns and I calculated the cost and it will be $15 dollars to reset myth training points and I don't want to pay that much I pay $10 for subscription while would I pay more for training points.

If there is a way to reset your training points for free can anyone tell me

Administrator
This is another case of Crowns vs Time, young Wizard.

You can spend Crowns to reset your Training Points
-or-
You can spend the Time to create a new Wizard and level it up, spending the Training Points they way you now prefer.

So while resetting your Training Points immediately does cost Crowns, creating another character on your account and leveling it up is free.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jul 15, 2011
The good news is that occasionally, they do sales on the training point resets. You just have to wait and keep your eyes open for them.

Administrator
Tatiana Winterhear... on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
The good news is that occasionally, they do sales on the training point resets. You just have to wait and keep your eyes open for them.
False. We do not have reduced prices on Training Points.
We do, however, put Crowns on sale regularly.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
i know its free but i'm level 90 i've worked very hard on getting himt o where he is with crafted gear and crowns stuff and such. but back then i wasted trainin points learning spells and the price has risen a lot now i know its crowns*time and i know its free to start over but i wasted money and lots of work getting him to 90 and i don't want to waste about 40$ just to reset i didnt remember the exact number of crowns but i buy my crowns by the 10$ blocks and its in between 30$ and 40$ so its 40$ for me and thats enough to buy my self lots of things in crown shop or four months of subscription.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I don't have an issue with the price of resetting on wizard's training points, but I think that we should be able to share training points we purchase with different wizards on the same account.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
I don't understand why you put a crown price on resetting skills, there are all ready tons of other things that cost a large amount of crowns. If you put a gold price on resetting that would make more sense and make the player base less frustrated.

Administrator
crimsonband on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
I don't understand why you put a crown price on resetting skills, there are all ready tons of other things that cost a large amount of crowns. If you put a gold price on resetting that would make more sense and make the player base less frustrated.
Perhaps you did not read the previous message regarding Crowns vs Time, young Wizard.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
I think it really just needs to be a high cost in gold. In Pirate101 if you want to reset a companion it costs GOLD (I don't know if that's only because I have a membership to Pirate101)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Shawdow869 on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
I was checking my account on wizard101 and I haven't been on while and I went on my myth account and I remember when the moon schools and star and sun schools came I reset my training points to get mostly moon spells not the brightest idea I had but now since I am regretting it and I loved my myth with all his spells so I went to Mr. Lincoln who reset your training points with crowns but when I checked the price it was 5950 crowns and I calculated the cost and it will be $15 dollars to reset myth training points and I don't want to pay that much I pay $10 for subscription while would I pay more for training points.

If there is a way to reset your training points for free can anyone tell me
I also spent training points wrongly on my first wizard but was able to quest for enough points to get the spells I did want. I don't know why I almost thought it was required, death to feint was never a mistake though my wizard still uses that in Aztecia.

If you listen carefully to Merle though he does say "so spend them wisely", I caught that with my second wizard.

In Celestia when I found the Sun spells (fists) I knew I needed 5 training points for Colossus so did all the training point quests in Celestia and Zafaria and was able to get them all. Since I had so much time and money invested in my first wizard starting over would of been costly for me so I just had to forge on. These spells are very handy for survival in the later worlds.

In the end, from then on, I only took out of school spells that enhanced my wizards given spells, I don't buy with crowns or money any housing or anything else because tomorrow I may want to delete it if things are working out the way I want them to. In the end I have one "main" wizard but all the rest are disposables.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
It is common for first time wizards to use up training points as they get them. Especially in the first arc worlds. And then the astral schools get introduced and the moon school may be appealing to some. It takes game experience and/or research for players to realize these are bad decisions.

It may seem unfair (and perhaps it is), but it is the responsibility of each player to research wizard101 game elements to determine ahead of time if certain decisions (such as choosing the Astral Moon School) are wise. The game is designed with some decisions for the players to make. Make them wisely.

From an RPG aspect it doesn't make sense for a player to "buy back training points". How does someone unlearn something? Try asking your college for a tuition refund because you don't like what you learned. I'm surprised KI allows people to buy back training points with crowns.

~ RottenHeart the harsh and pompous, Lvl 90, first time wizard

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Potato Tomato on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
i know its free but i'm level 90 i've worked very hard on getting himt o where he is with crafted gear and crowns stuff and such. but back then i wasted trainin points learning spells and the price has risen a lot now i know its crowns*time and i know its free to start over but i wasted money and lots of work getting him to 90 and i don't want to waste about 40$ just to reset i didnt remember the exact number of crowns but i buy my crowns by the 10$ blocks and its in between 30$ and 40$ so its 40$ for me and thats enough to buy my self lots of things in crown shop or four months of subscription.
i made the same mistake with my first wizard~ it cost me 12,000 crowns to buy her points back, and it was an expensive mistake that i will not make twice.

it is your responsibility to spend your training points wisely, young wizard.

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
For me a lot. Like 5000 or something like that.

Jasmine Rainbowdreamer level 45

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi there.

My first wizard was myth school at that moment i trained what i needed like fire spells
cause of damage over time, life spells, balance spells, death spells after all training
i was set all the way to some worlds but then happen i dont have training points for
some spells i need in new worlds so i was thinking i just buy back training points back
and i dont train spells i dont need like for example you have amplfy but its better spell
that in aztaca for your school ring so that spell is useless cause you will have 2 but one
will collect dust.

I trained also death removed that also so far i buy those 3 or 4 times so far at cost of
12,000. Why? After you spend few years and collecting expirence trough spiral
you learn what spells suit you best so now i have life spells just to satyr, i own sun
school spells without enchant for accurcy, balance spells spirit blade and reshuffle,
got that ring spell from azteca and heal and storm moon spells just in case, got some
star spells like fortfy and conviction but if you pvp add cloak and stun blocks.

But at end i saved 7 training points.
Everyone had some mistakes in life of wizard no one has all spells that he needs from
time to time you see that some spells collect dust or in most cases you end up
in situation like me that you dont have training point to earn for one spell.

I stand for option to buy back training points as it all persons or kids have easy
learning in future. RottenHearth take it easy think little of what you saying.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, level 90, Technomancer

"Let the force be with you"

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I think that the more training points you get, the bigger the crown price is.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
LukeAndEye on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I think that the more training points you get, the bigger the crown price is.
Thats correct more level more crowns.

For example: 5,000 crowns would suit from 40 to 50 level wizard ( around there )
12,000 crowns is mostly highest price for 90 level wizard

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Myth Jedi said:

RottenHearth take it easy think [a] little of what you saying."

I spent a great deal of time crafting that specific response. I understand what you are saying, especially because a first-time player in the first arc worlds has no idea what the training points will be needed for later on. If you read my posts more carefully perhaps you might see something else there. More elaboration gets my posts deleted. Its all i can say. ;)

Happy Wizarding!

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Well RottenHearth i apologize if i been rude in any way ( bow )
of all comment didnt understand this:

From an RPG aspect it doesn't make sense for a player to "buy back training points". How does someone unlearn something? Try asking your college for a tuition refund because you don't like what you learned.

Especially this:

I'm surprised KI allows people to buy back training points with crowns.

I know this sentence has 2 meaning:

1. I am surprised that KI didnt allow people to buy back training points with gold.
2. I am surprised that KI didnt allow people to buy back training points anymore.

May i ask you to explain how 8 year old person can do research or little older person knows
where to find treasure card to test spell or do they even care at that moment i don't think so
because at that moment that spell is new in spiral any person will go for it even me hehehe,
after while that spell gets bored and as i said it collect dust. For Moon school spells needs
lot to master but don't you think it is wise to have Moon school spells cause in 6 rounds
with for example Life Treant can do pretty good healing right? I kinda feel i am out of topic.
Oh right thank you for correction i guess i miss one letter ( a little ).

And again i apologize if i been rude wasn't my intention to do that. Peace?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Generally I agree with rottenheart, IRL if you get a degree in something useless, you have to spend more money AND time to go back and get re-trained in something that's in demand and will get you a better job.

At least w101 lets you go run and buy the spells you want right away, instead of having to level again to get them.

That said, I was relatively lucky. I had read some strategy articles for midlevel fire and noted again and again "life to sprite" and "save train points for sun spells and reshuffle". I'd spent all my train points on death to wraith, and was finding it difficult to stay alive even with the healing from death drains. I'd fizzle Link when I needed it. I couldn't heal my teammates without using TC fairy.

I bought my points back and it cost me about 3000 crowns, which hurt. In retrospect I would still do it that way but I do wish it hadn't been quite so expensive. I also wish you could buy back specific points, like the ones I spent on death above Feint, and any moon spells you get that later on turn out to be duds.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
False. We do not have reduced prices on Training Points.
We do, however, put Crowns on sale regularly.
How is that? Well about a couple months ago I had a life account that is currently banned, anyway I remember when he was a low level around 36 he did not spend his points on anything whatsoever. Then I spent points on death up to doom, and I was planning on buying back because I also trained some of moon. So I checked and it was about 6899 crowns. A week later I checked back and it had a price of 4264 crowns. However I do have an idea. 200,000 gold for training points back for only current members. Those who aren't members pay crowns. Simple solution, yet a bit of time consuming of farming to do.

Eric StormHunter Level 76 Diviner
Btw, I think about one or two weeks ago I posted something in game ideas, and it got rejected. It did not abuse any rules from the code of conduct and it took me a long time to type it. Please take a look into it. Thank You.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Eric StormHunter on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
How is that? Well about a couple months ago I had a life account that is currently banned, anyway I remember when he was a low level around 36 he did not spend his points on anything whatsoever. Then I spent points on death up to doom, and I was planning on buying back because I also trained some of moon. So I checked and it was about 6899 crowns. A week later I checked back and it had a price of 4264 crowns. However I do have an idea. 200,000 gold for training points back for only current members. Those who aren't members pay crowns. Simple solution, yet a bit of time consuming of farming to do.

Eric StormHunter Level 76 Diviner
Btw, I think about one or two weeks ago I posted something in game ideas, and it got rejected. It did not abuse any rules from the code of conduct and it took me a long time to type it. Please take a look into it. Thank You.
Hi!

200,000 gold price is nothing for Promethean i could buy them just to reduce gold like 2 times per week i would say 350,000 gold because thats gold limit for Promethean. Gold can be found in any battle but crowns are there for reason to help KI. Lucky for you you have that price mine was higher for Promethean 6899 + 6899 lol. That situation week later could be bug in system or maybe you have same characters name so you where thinking on another one. If you use all training points and i mean all even from explorer quests and you hit 90 lvl it around 12,000 crowns and beyond, if 50 lvl cut it in half and etc.

( Learn from mistakes it pays off )

Survivor
Jan 07, 2013
Myth Jedi on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Hi!

200,000 gold price is nothing for Promethean i could buy them just to reduce gold like 2 times per week i would say 350,000 gold because thats gold limit for Promethean. Gold can be found in any battle but crowns are there for reason to help KI. Lucky for you you have that price mine was higher for Promethean 6899 + 6899 lol. That situation week later could be bug in system or maybe you have same characters name so you where thinking on another one. If you use all training points and i mean all even from explorer quests and you hit 90 lvl it around 12,000 crowns and beyond, if 50 lvl cut it in half and etc.

( Learn from mistakes it pays off )
Well then it should be 300,000 at least. Everyone under level 85 I believe has a gold cap of 300,000. Since buying training points back is for any level it should be 300,000 because any level can earn that much.

Eric StormHunter Level 78 Diviner
Christo Bluelead Level 32 Theurgist
Happy questing everyone!