Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happened to our wizard parents?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 28, 2011
As the "young wizard", what ever happened to our parents? They are never mentioned in the storyline, though I am not sure if I recall someone who gave a quest in KT who said "you never knew your father." (I could be wrong, maybe it was a dream) But have I missed a quote or obvious fact? Or do you think KI is planning something.....?

Angela Dragonstone

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
This is actually a really interesting question. I would love to see what people think. I think my wizard's parents were killed along with almost everyone else in Dragonspyre, so my wizard made it her goal to not only save the spiral, but to avenge the death of her parents!!!!!
Oooooh, Very Harry-Potter-ish!!!!!

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I think there should be a world where we learn about our parents

~ Al, aka Alura Battleheart, lvl 86 , Goddess of Fire and Legendary Dragon

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
Maybe before malistaire married sylvia, him and morganthe were together. And you are their child! In Xibalba, the place where morganthe is defeated, she tells you that you should stop fighting her because she can tell you your parents. Then she tells you that she and malistaire are your parents. Very Star Wars-ish

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
colrey24 on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Maybe before malistaire married sylvia, him and morganthe were together. And you are their child! In Xibalba, the place where morganthe is defeated, she tells you that you should stop fighting her because she can tell you your parents. Then she tells you that she and malistaire are your parents. Very Star Wars-ish
Woah, now that is very very creepy. LOL

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
They hung up their wands and swore off magic after the Great Helephant Debacle at your fifth birthday party.

just kidding.

Presumably, your parents are either former students who have gone out into the Spiral as practicing wizards, or they are the W101 equivalent of muggles. I like to think wizarding is a learnable skill like reading or dancing, not an inborn on-off switch. This way, any sentient being capable of symbolic thought can be trained to use magic, and aren't tied to a school by any predestined condition or talent.

So even if your dad was a chimney sweep and your mom was a plumber, you will not be compelled to study myth or storm. You could even be a more resourceful and powerful wizard than the seventh son of a seventh son in a family who all went to Ravenwood and graduated with honors.

That said growing up in an environment where magic is everywhere a part of daily existence, you will be attuned to it and adapt to it faster than the adult making a mid-life career switch to wizardry after years of installing home satellite dishes. Just like you learn foreign languages easier if you're younger.

I'd prefer not to think of Morganthe and Malistaire being a couple at any time in the past. From my understanding Morganthe was a former student at Ravenwood, and it would seem unethical and totally inappropriate for Malistaire, as tormented as he was, to cultivate a relationship with students in this way. That's a recurring theme of reality news shows I would rather got left out of the storyline. Thanks!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Interestingly creepy, but does not work with the information given at the beginning of your character choice... we are from a very distant realm, one that does not believe in magic.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
For all we know Headmaster Ambrose could be our grandfather(or great grandfather). Perhaps your school teacher is your mother or father or some other relative. The way some people think Malistaire and Morganthe were together at one point in time seems very plausible. Personally i think Malistaire left Morganthe for Sylvia then Morganthe still loved him and tried to avenge him and finish what he started. That is Morganthe's true reason for trying to destroy the spiral. Morganthe revives Malistaire because she wants to give him a second chance. Once again going back to the parent topic, perhaps you're just an orphan and your parents died when you were very young. These are just my thoughts.

Scarlet Dragonpetal
Level 87 Pyro

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
crunkatog on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
They hung up their wands and swore off magic after the Great Helephant Debacle at your fifth birthday party.

just kidding.

Presumably, your parents are either former students who have gone out into the Spiral as practicing wizards, or they are the W101 equivalent of muggles. I like to think wizarding is a learnable skill like reading or dancing, not an inborn on-off switch. This way, any sentient being capable of symbolic thought can be trained to use magic, and aren't tied to a school by any predestined condition or talent.

So even if your dad was a chimney sweep and your mom was a plumber, you will not be compelled to study myth or storm. You could even be a more resourceful and powerful wizard than the seventh son of a seventh son in a family who all went to Ravenwood and graduated with honors.

That said growing up in an environment where magic is everywhere a part of daily existence, you will be attuned to it and adapt to it faster than the adult making a mid-life career switch to wizardry after years of installing home satellite dishes. Just like you learn foreign languages easier if you're younger.

I'd prefer not to think of Morganthe and Malistaire being a couple at any time in the past. From my understanding Morganthe was a former student at Ravenwood, and it would seem unethical and totally inappropriate for Malistaire, as tormented as he was, to cultivate a relationship with students in this way. That's a recurring theme of reality news shows I would rather got left out of the storyline. Thanks!
I agree with this~ our "parents" are probably Muggles.

And yeah, Morganthistaire is creepy, for no other reason than she is about 20 years younger (just a guess). But hey, you never know... it worked for the Phantom of the Opera.

On that note, it's possible that Morganthe and Mally had a totally-appropriate teacher/student relationship. Maybe she was the Hermione Granger of Necromancy or something, who went rogue and turned on her mentor... maybe she even had something to do with Sylvia''s death. All are interesting possibilities, each befitting of its own Lloyd Webber musical. But I sure hope that they aren't our wizarding parents, because that would just be weird.

-von "that doesn't make sense and you're being creepy" shadowsong;

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Alura BH on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
I think there should be a world where we learn about our parents

~ Al, aka Alura Battleheart, lvl 86 , Goddess of Fire and Legendary Dragon
Good idea.
They could have characters as their parents and they were captured! Each parents' hair color would be different, depending on your hair color.
Oh and also, one other thing-
1. I have always wondered how old you wizard is. They look 8? 9? 10?
Happy questing!
-Molly 65 ( I think )

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
It was a dark day. You were only 6 months old when Dragonspyre was attacked by Malistaire Drake and his undead army. Your family tried to flee, but alas, your mother got caught in a lava pit. Your father tried to help her, but the undead army attacked them and took them away. Luckily, you were saved by a Battle Drake who swooped you down into Ravenwood. Merle Ambrose saved you from the commotion and raised you until you were old enough to fend for yourself and travel to different worlds. Nobody knows where your parents are...

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
Remember in the beginning Ambrose says you are from a world that is so distant it does not believe in magic. That probably means that your parents are not wizards. Much less from any of the ventured worlds. I guessed that means they might be from a different world that believed in magic and then moved to the new world.

Antonio SandShade, Master Pyromancer, Level 49, Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
My wizard's apparent father is Katzenstien. Well, it's not canon but I like to believe it

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
To be honest, I think the game is perfectly fine without wizard parent involvement.

Colin GoldenStone, level 19
David DuneStrider, level 51
Allan IcePetal, level 38

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Molly the Balance ... on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Good idea.
They could have characters as their parents and they were captured! Each parents' hair color would be different, depending on your hair color.
Oh and also, one other thing-
1. I have always wondered how old you wizard is. They look 8? 9? 10?
Happy questing!
-Molly 65 ( I think )
i think that wizard 101 has a little bit of whatever has magic in it it has like a litle bit of harry potter and like a little bit of the wizard of oz so you should be like about the same age you go to hogwarts
_ Autumn lifebright34

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
crunkatog on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:

just kidding.

seventh son of seventh son..........
have you read Magyk?
cause, thats a quote

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
BBallPro7905 on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
To be honest, I think the game is perfectly fine without wizard parent involvement.

Colin GoldenStone, level 19
David DuneStrider, level 51
Allan IcePetal, level 38
Exactly. Ambrose has made a point from the beginning when stating we were from a distant realm. It does not matter if our wizards parents were wizards or not. The main point is, your wizard either has the gift for magic or you don't get to Wizard City and Ravenwood School of Magic.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
yeah like:
Malistaire: "wizard stop! i am your father!"

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Okay, Wow!
I absolutely love this question and no matter how long i've played this game it has never once crossed my mind!
I would absolutely love it if they added on an "Epic" Quest. Bigger than "Event" Quests. It could be something related to finding out what happened to our long gone parents//OR it could be that we have to find them. Although when i think about it, if you were going to add another quest such as this one into the game, It would most likely have to be a Story-Line quest. Seeing as sub-quests are much smaller, I think the parent one should be long ^^.

Maybe KI will read this and get an idea.. Cheers!

-Daniel Rainhand 63

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
wizardrokz on Jun 15, 2013 wrote:
As the "young wizard", what ever happened to our parents? They are never mentioned in the storyline, though I am not sure if I recall someone who gave a quest in KT who said "you never knew your father." (I could be wrong, maybe it was a dream) But have I missed a quote or obvious fact? Or do you think KI is planning something.....?

Angela Dragonstone
I am pretty sure nothing has been said. KI i think just has left them alone because they don't have wizard powers.

Wolf

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Maybe before it was Malistaire & Sylvia, it was Cyrus & Sylvia... And the reason Cyrus is such a mean person was he loved Sylvia ( You're the child! ) And you were stolen by Morganthe because she knew how powerful you would once be, and Sylvia left Cyrus for his own brother! Cyrus hates you because Sylvia was your Mom and she left him, but wants to protect you because you're his own child.

Katie Duskleaf, Level 28

Please comment your thoughts! I want to know what you think :)

Survivor
Apr 16, 2009
I don't like the idea of Malistaire, Morganthe or Drake being our "parents". But yes Ambrose said we came from another non-magical place so I definitely think it's a Harry potter type thing going on. Like trying to think of the intro and stuff how Ambrose was "expecting" and teaches us magic. And though wiz101 is pretty original, it's very Hogwarts-esque. So I assume they're just humans somewhere…who apparently don't care if we go to another galaxy and fight power hungry evil wizards?
-Shannon Icegem

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Most of these are very unlikely, because, remember how Merle said 'One with enough potential to save WIzard City. Maybe even the Spiral. Freom a very distant realm, my goodness, from a realm that does not even believe in magic'. SO, we must have had enough potential, but maybe not our parents. I doubt they were wizards.

Cole Dunerunner - aditha12

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
That's... disturbing.
Malistaire: Wizard, I am your father!
Seriously though, that idea is wrong on so many levels.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
kgzblove2002 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Maybe before it was Malistaire & Sylvia, it was Cyrus & Sylvia... And the reason Cyrus is such a mean person was he loved Sylvia ( You're the child! ) And you were stolen by Morganthe because she knew how powerful you would once be, and Sylvia left Cyrus for his own brother! Cyrus hates you because Sylvia was your Mom and she left him, but wants to protect you because you're his own child.

Katie Duskleaf, Level 28

Please comment your thoughts! I want to know what you think :)
I wonder how he contacted us... letter? Teleport? Cell phone? We couldn't just wake up there... how do our parent feel about this? Were we orphans? It seems stranger we do not know our past, but in Pirate101 you know. Who are we really? This is from the same person.

Katie Duskleaf, level 46