Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Acropolis Slow Down

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
When I place a lot of items in the house it gets some kind of lag and this hasn't occurred with my other characters or their houses. My castle on my fire is full and it doesn't get any lag. So if this is possible to fix or a solution please help.

Community Leader
Darkness Guardian on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
When I place a lot of items in the house it gets some kind of lag and this hasn't occurred with my other characters or their houses. My castle on my fire is full and it doesn't get any lag. So if this is possible to fix or a solution please help.
I was looking to see if anyone else posted about this. I have many houses (on same wizard) all fully decorated and none lag like this house. I sent a support ticket this morning. I even had someone come to see if it happens to them and same.

Thank you for any help on this.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I have the house and have filled the inside and outside with almost 250 items each, but haven't noticed any lag yet. That isn't to say there is no lag as I use a very fast computer.

When you experienced the worst of the lag, did you have any friends or visitors in the house? If so were they near you or inside the home or just running free? Were any duels going on in the PVP arena?

Have you made sure no other programs were running when this lag happened? Like did you have multiple web browser windows up? Or did you have multiple instances of the game running?

Community Leader
Tatiana Winterhear... on Jun 11, 2013 wrote:
I have the house and have filled the inside and outside with almost 250 items each, but haven't noticed any lag yet. That isn't to say there is no lag as I use a very fast computer.

When you experienced the worst of the lag, did you have any friends or visitors in the house? If so were they near you or inside the home or just running free? Were any duels going on in the PVP arena?

Have you made sure no other programs were running when this lag happened? Like did you have multiple web browser windows up? Or did you have multiple instances of the game running?
Nope I have a very fast computer and internet. Able to run 5 accounts at one time with not one bit of lag. It's only the inside and only that house. Outside is perfect no lag. None of my other houses have lag inside or outside.

Community Leader
I placed down about 100 items inside of the Acropolis, which started to make the interior of the house lag. By the time I reached 180 items, it was even more laggy which was just a tad annoying. I had transporters, items from the new Pharaoh's Pack as well as tapestries and the Fish Bowl. I am not sure if its one of those items that is the cause or just that in general the house gets lagged by the amount of items that is placed there.

I have faith that the lovely W101 crew will find the cause and fix it pronto.

-Kels

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
I placed down about 100 items inside of the Acropolis, which started to make the interior of the house lag. By the time I reached 180 items, it was even more laggy which was just a tad annoying. I had transporters, items from the new Pharaoh's Pack as well as tapestries and the Fish Bowl. I am not sure if its one of those items that is the cause or just that in general the house gets lagged by the amount of items that is placed there.

I have faith that the lovely W101 crew will find the cause and fix it pronto.

-Kels
I think its just the amount of stuff you put in the house since i don't have tapestries or the fish bowl in that house. I ended up reaching around 200 items because my Myth has a museum in his house.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Sorry about my earlier post, I just tested it more fully yesterday. I noticed a lot of lag in the interior of the house after placing housing objects in multiple rooms. I did not notice it at first as I had only dropped off about a hundred items in the main hall area for storage. As I began to move things around and decorate the various rooms, lag picked up noticeably.

No lag on the outside though with about 230 items. But I'm around 150 items on the inside. It's not a stuttering lag, just a kind of sluggishness.

In case anyone technical reads this and would like to know, I'm running an Intel i7 3820 processor, 16 gb of ram, the game is installed on a 120gb sata III solid state HD.

We believe we found what the issue was and it should be fixed in the test realm.

Arthur

Community Leader
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
We believe we found what the issue was and it should be fixed in the test realm.

Arthur
Thank you Arthur. Although I don't have the house in test realm.

Community Leader
Paige MoonShade on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Thank you Arthur. Although I don't have the house in test realm.
Same here :( Is there a way for us to have the house in Test so we can test it?

Thank you!

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:

Arthur
Thank you so very much. The house is so much better!

Edit: After decorating some more , seems a bit sluggish but so much better than before. I can walk around without feeling that whoosy feeling. Happy ty