Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is becoming a huge problem for me.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Yet over and over again i tried to pick between Life and Ice i can't do it. I'm good at stacking defenses though idk know if the low damage is really a problem for me. Life i'm training for being able to heal and attack though maybe later in the game i will get better. Anyway i wanted to ask for some help on deciding another decision. So, Life or Ice? Btw if chosen to delete a gm it doesn't matter i can get back to that point really quickly.

• I'm good at doing a lot of damage over time or at once
  • Stacking defenses
  • Summoning minions to aid in combat
  • Healing and being able to attack soon (Fire)

Devin Starcaster Lv 86

Eric Legendcaller Lv 28
Angel Shadowwhisper Lv 52

Wolf Jadebreaker Lv 59
Destiny Nightglade Lv 32

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
I would go life, because for ice all you could really do is train up to the tower shield. For life you could get all of the heals, and sanctuary so you would be able to heal a little easier.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Go with ice and get a pet that gives a may cast ice blade or the card you will need it.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Make another account and make a free-to-play ice and a free-to-play life.

Level through to the end of the free quest line.

See how they fit your play style.

I admit it's not a very rigorous test of either, since you only see a snapshot of the lowest levels of the game.

But if you find you don't like a school after only Triton Avenue, then you're probably going to be at odds with it going forward. This isn't to say schools and wizards don't get better with time; I hated my storm until about MB, when I picked up some nice accuracy boosting drops and then things seemed to fall into place. But even just looking at how early or late you train your first hit-all spell or your basic school blade will help you decide.

Do not make decisions based on best-case scenarios. Having a dedicated ice pet with a may cast blade is not part of your decision making, because it likely won't happen for you. Make decisions based on average performance, or bare-bones no-crowns performance. Can you steer this no-crowns ice to level 90 without tearing out your hair? How about this no-crowns life? Can you see yourself soloing with this wizard?

Lastly, go watch some PVP matches and see what high level ices and high level lifes are doing in the arena. If you see something you like, take note. Pick up strategy articles and see what suits your play style and personality type.