Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

sunstone and aether

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
I really need suntone and aether. Do any plants give them and if not where can I get transmutate cards for them?

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Fickle Pickles and King Parsley give both. You can buy the transmutes from the vendors in Celestia and Zafaria.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Evil Magma Peas also drop sunstone and aether at elder harvest, but not every elder harvest.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
This is a little late to reply but I just found this post so I decided to answer. You can troll the bazaar and refresh the reagents whenever there aren't any, but it's usually 3,500 gold. I've gotten over a hundred Aether and 90 Sunstones that way but I'm a wiz geek and it took a while.

Aether:
• There's the transmute in which you need 15 kelp and the vendor for the recipe is in CL. (You can often get kelp in the bazaar, which has been my experience.)
• You can go to any underwater place (e.g. Grotto) and sometimes you can obtain aether through harvesting kelp.
• A couple times I got Aether and a Sunstone in a wooden chest.
• You can farm bosses in hopes of getting Aether dropped.
Dropped by:
- Angler Thug
- Kronosaur
- Riverclaw Guard
- Telluric Eel
- Tower Captain
• You can get aether from harvesting plants too.
• There's also card packs you can get in which you may get aether, but It's probably not worth your time.
• I've gotten Aether before from feeding no auction stuff to my giraffe.
• If you do a lot of ranked PvP, you can get it from Diego the Duel Master for 200 tickets.

Sunstones:
• I've gotten it as drops (there's basically an endless list of who drops them, surprisingly enough)
• Rare harvest from sandstones
• Harvesting your plants
• Card Packs
• Gotten Sunstones too from feeding no auction stuff to my giraffe that I can't use, but that was only a couple times.
• Diego the Duel Master sells Sunstones too for 200 tickets.
• There's the transmute where you need 15 sandstones. Sometimes somebody sells a bunch of sandstones in the bazaar and you can get a lot but they go quickly.
• I've gotten it in wooden chests before too, but it's probably not worth your time searching for wooden chests.

That's all I can think of for now. Of course we could all petition if we wanted to in hopes they would change it but I doubt they would.

~ Katherine Winterpetal - Promethean Life wiz :)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If you want sunstones and aether asap without waiting for gardens... I found it fastest to farm bosses for accumulating wealth (gold) then buy the reagents at the bazaar.

Note that purchasing 15 sandstones is often less costly than a single sunstone. So transmuting is cost effective, for other reagents too.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2012
sparky000052638 on Jun 16, 2013 wrote:
This is a little late to reply but I just found this post so I decided to answer. You can troll the bazaar and refresh the reagents whenever there aren't any, but it's usually 3,500 gold. I've gotten over a hundred Aether and 90 Sunstones that way but I'm a wiz geek and it took a while.

Aether:
• There's the transmute in which you need 15 kelp and the vendor for the recipe is in CL. (You can often get kelp in the bazaar, which has been my experience.)
• You can go to any underwater place (e.g. Grotto) and sometimes you can obtain aether through harvesting kelp.
• A couple times I got Aether and a Sunstone in a wooden chest.
• You can farm bosses in hopes of getting Aether dropped.
Dropped by:
- Angler Thug
- Kronosaur
- Riverclaw Guard
- Telluric Eel
- Tower Captain
• You can get aether from harvesting plants too.
• There's also card packs you can get in which you may get aether, but It's probably not worth your time.
• I've gotten Aether before from feeding no auction stuff to my giraffe.
• If you do a lot of ranked PvP, you can get it from Diego the Duel Master for 200 tickets.

Sunstones:
• I've gotten it as drops (there's basically an endless list of who drops them, surprisingly enough)
• Rare harvest from sandstones
• Harvesting your plants
• Card Packs
• Gotten Sunstones too from feeding no auction stuff to my giraffe that I can't use, but that was only a couple times.
• Diego the Duel Master sells Sunstones too for 200 tickets.
• There's the transmute where you need 15 sandstones. Sometimes somebody sells a bunch of sandstones in the bazaar and you can get a lot but they go quickly.
• I've gotten it in wooden chests before too, but it's probably not worth your time searching for wooden chests.

That's all I can think of for now. Of course we could all petition if we wanted to in hopes they would change it but I doubt they would.

~ Katherine Winterpetal - Promethean Life wiz :)
2 things you can get aether in crab alley and the only reason you can get kelp in the bizarre is because I constantly harvest it and sell it there. (you can only buy from the bizarre what other people have sold to it) oh and im one of the people that sells hundreds of reagents at once. so if you want in just go to the bizarre around 5 or 10 pm

Survivor
Jan 16, 2010
You can buy a lot of transmute in the Floating land in Celestia. Just go to your first teleporter, the platypus standing on the dock has it all. Buy as many as you can and then come back for the rest.