Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Class No Strategic Advantage?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
With all of the universally available heal boost gear, life mastery amulets, rebirth treasure cards, healing pets, and crowns gear that make all of life's best spells available (ie guardian angel), anyone can heal just as well if not better than life and still retain all of the other advantages associated with their school. This leaves leaves life with weak spells and average heals. School only damage (with the exception of earthquake) has kept other powerful spells from being commonly used across the game by other schools.

Long story short, life needs a serious heal boost buff or a major heal only available to the life school.

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
When you fight me, life's best spells aren't available. I always stack life dispels. So no healing for you.

But in the PVM asset. I think the mastery amulets went to far. Now you can be storm and nkt have to worry about healing while retaining insanely high damage.

Stupid? Yes. Going away? No

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
chickenhawk100 on May 17, 2013 wrote:
With all of the universally available heal boost gear, life mastery amulets, rebirth treasure cards, healing pets, and crowns gear that make all of life's best spells available (ie guardian angel), anyone can heal just as well if not better than life and still retain all of the other advantages associated with their school. This leaves leaves life with weak spells and average heals. School only damage (with the exception of earthquake) has kept other powerful spells from being commonly used across the game by other schools.

Long story short, life needs a serious heal boost buff or a major heal only available to the life school.
The thing your looking for would be called spinysaur, it does a LOT of damage. And it doesn't matter if people use your spells to heal, keep using them cause typically your boost is better.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Survivor
May 13, 2011
Honestly, i do see your point in this. Too many people have life mastery amulets and high healing spells. But life still has its advantages. Life still has that incredible health on their wizards, and their even higher healing. Compared to the people who do have all of the high life healing spells, life still has the healing advantage. So don't be complaining about stuff like "Oh, they have even better healing than my Life wizard!", take this into mind: Either their higher level than you, or you don't use the Life school properly.

Yours Truely, Tyler NightHunter, Level 74,

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Wolf Skullslinger on May 19, 2013 wrote:
The thing your looking for would be called spinysaur, it does a LOT of damage. And it doesn't matter if people use your spells to heal, keep using them cause typically your boost is better.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade
Yes, spinysaur is very powerful, so make sure you're doing we'll like put a bunch of shields, now use doom and gloom

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dogempire on May 18, 2013 wrote:
When you fight me, life's best spells aren't available. I always stack life dispels. So no healing for you.

But in the PVM asset. I think the mastery amulets went to far. Now you can be storm and nkt have to worry about healing while retaining insanely high damage.

one does not simply stack life dispels on vonawesome.

i completely agree with you, though, that mastery amulets went way too far. just another reason why it irritates me that those who spend real money on pvp have so much leverage over those who don't.

-v.
(who, in her other life, is a storm wizard with stupidly-high damage and no life mastery amulet)

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
Life has many advantages over life mastery: their high defensive and offensive stats, their ability to have multiple guardian spirit cards without losing some of their gear in exchange, their access to an excellent minion that often allows you to revive without guardian spirit, their life critical, their gnomes (which allow them to keep life mastery players from healing) and obviously the fact that their natural mastery comes with both heals and hits, which lets them use an infinity of strategy because they don't rely on any specific mastery amulet, something only life, death and balance can really claim. Anyway, shouldn't the popularity of life mastery prove the advantage of life? And life school players have it for free! Also, mastery amulets don't only limit the advantages of life school. Myth doesn't have that much more to offer than earthquake and shatter and it takes no effort to use them as well as a myth if you have a myth mastery amulet. And people can get shift just like they can get guardian spirit. Balances' awesome heals are available to everyone just like life heals and they also have no real advantage left in link with reshuffle. Balance has a lot of other advantages that people can't get as easily as guardian spirit or shift, but oh well, it's balance :P. Even death doomers have very little advantage when compared to especially offensive balance or fire strategies with death amulet. However, I agree that elemental schools should have more advantages they can share and less advantages that rely exclusively on their stats and that life needs a way to stop fearing life dispels as soon as they go second, no matter which school they're fighting, because it just gives an enormous disadvantage to life and doesn't waste space in people's decks because of pet heals and life mastery players.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
you're lucky that they allow life amulet for everyone...talking about befense ice got the most of all and health....arent life suppose to have the most health? then minion, with 350 health a spell spell or frog hit from minion or sand storm from minion or a critical wand hit can kill it easily. except for myth minion the minion can go up to 1k health then they shield. that's is like fighing anothe player...medusa spell stun player two times. giving them a chance to spam two other low spell with colossal...while their infallible or critical aura are on...balance, is a pain they spam even more then storm, especially those shield and healing all they need is infallible and put up a doom and spam destroy aura which deal almost 1k damage with a power pip. or drain people pips down i mean if anyone like ice they have to use high pips spell to kill because their damage are low and their attack is kinda weak. they stack blade but if facing the balance they never going to hit. when facing ice, fire and storm is really putting into a disadvantage position. the resist is way way too high and health...fire :P they are fine :P. storm critical is way too much double their attack witht hat high damage of their. death is fine, but i dont like them cause they usually critical a lot in 1v1 and spam weakness a lot in 4v4 so so but it's their skill so :P...then spells... the sharpened blade and the trap thing...the game need to fix it because when you use it and with bad memory, you can't remember which blade you put up...so maybe the game can change the color of the blade when enchanted :P...

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Dr Von on May 27, 2013 wrote:
one does not simply stack life dispels on vonawesome.

i completely agree with you, though, that mastery amulets went way too far. just another reason why it irritates me that those who spend real money on pvp have so much leverage over those who don't.

-v.
(who, in her other life, is a storm wizard with stupidly-high damage and no life mastery amulet)
Yeah well, I can't always stack life dispels.

Like when I fight a person and I gnome and their pet tries to heal them twice. Makes me go "Seriously?!?!?!?"

I think they need to tone down the pet healing a little bit you know, so you actually have to use healing spells not have your pet heal you to full health every time you get hit.

On another note, I doubt life has much of a healing advantage over other schools with those silly life mastery amulets now.

You can heal just as good as a life with stuff like dryad treasure cards and fairy treasure cards. Sure you have to spend money, but how easy is it to get 10k gold in 2 kills from a Wintertusk boss? (forgot his name)

Anyways another peeve is the stuff like "May cast" spells. I would hope KI gives life an advantage with "may cast" spells. Like giving life a pet with a "may cast satyr" trait. But people would just steal the trait from life wizards with the special pet and people would complain. Unless all pets with "may cast satyr" automatically get a "life school only" status.

But then there's the problem with low levels abusing it. Then they would have to make the pet level 50+ to equip.
-sigh- It saddens me how hard it is to give life an advantage without giving other schools the SAME advantage.

-Justin Taleriver, Level 75 Wizard and playing since before Celestia

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Just clarifying some things here...

There currently is no life gear that offers a higher healing advantage than any other school.
Highest Healing Gear in the Game: Jade Gear, Cosmic Kris, Stellar Signet, Mandolin of Evermore, and Pet Heal Boosting Talents
This does make you somewhat of a tank, but this combo is available to everyone and destroys any and all chance of getting a life critical.
The life minion is a fairly common treasure card.
Ice trumps all in defenses and can cast a pretty strong rebirth when they need to.
Gnomes and spiny are pretty nice, but they're just as effective as other strong hits (sirens, fire serpent, or whatever) with a doom afterwards.

My solution: Make rebirth no trade no auction and implement high healing life only gear.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Dogempire on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Yeah well, I can't always stack life dispels.

Like when I fight a person and I gnome and their pet tries to heal them twice. Makes me go "Seriously?!?!?!?"

I think they need to tone down the pet healing a little bit you know, so you actually have to use healing spells not have your pet heal you to full health every time you get hit.

On another note, I doubt life has much of a healing advantage over other schools with those silly life mastery amulets now.

You can heal just as good as a life with stuff like dryad treasure cards and fairy treasure cards. Sure you have to spend money, but how easy is it to get 10k gold in 2 kills from a Wintertusk boss? (forgot his name)

Anyways another peeve is the stuff like "May cast" spells. I would hope KI gives life an advantage with "may cast" spells. Like giving life a pet with a "may cast satyr" trait. But people would just steal the trait from life wizards with the special pet and people would complain. Unless all pets with "may cast satyr" automatically get a "life school only" status.

But then there's the problem with low levels abusing it. Then they would have to make the pet level 50+ to equip.
-sigh- It saddens me how hard it is to give life an advantage without giving other schools the SAME advantage.

-Justin Taleriver, Level 75 Wizard and playing since before Celestia
If kingsisle made a pet with a may cast satyr trait, i would probably quit high level pvp. Life already has advantages in Jade Gear by spamming guardian spirit. If may cast satyr was made, people could get a free sometimes 2k+ heal, depending on their healing boosts. The only way to kill people at all would be to OHKO them. Life people would just put on jade gear, spam guardian spirit, traps, and a few blades, and then shatter and kill while still at full health because of satyr. If this ability casted often, it could heal a life person from under half health to full health. The healing talents that are already in place are bad enough. This would make pvp against life people much worse.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Dogempire on May 18, 2013 wrote:

actually if you dispel a death they will just sacrifice and other people carry tc sacrfice to avoid dispels xD (Blaze ravenmender level 59 Blaze moonmender promethean)

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I've found that many life players are very good at pvp and suffer only the disadvantage of everyone carrying a few life dispels in their decks. Unless you're a life wizard who sticks to the turtle strategy, it's fairly easy to get high damage gear that has respectable resists. Your damage spells are a bit more costly when it comes to groups, but as far as single target goes, they're quite powerful.

The problem I've found with some life wizards in pvp is that they rely on the bigger spells too much. Gnomes is nice, but it's easy to anticipate. Centaur on the other hand isn't used so often, but when I do see it, it makes a big impression as it's cheap on pips, gets a nice boost from colossal, and hits quite hard for a spirit school.

As others have said, use doom and gloom liberally. Your healing abilities should be enough tomostly negate it's effects. The only ones who won't mind it so much are death wizards.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
anyone who isn't life and uses stuff like jade gear is suffering with most thier stats

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I'd guess you can call spinysaur "very powerful" in life terms

David Willow Breeze, level 68 legendary