Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I boosted on pvp!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
I have been practicing pvp for a while. I am having a lot of trouble doing it. Well I have been doing ranked and I'll boost to someone's spell. Can someone tell me why this is happening

Chelsea Blue, Legendary Thaumaturge
Level 67

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
Chigger14 on May 8, 2013 wrote:
I have been practicing pvp for a while. I am having a lot of trouble doing it. Well I have been doing ranked and I'll boost to someone's spell. Can someone tell me why this is happening

Level 67
maybe you are becoming a monster lol just kidding it has to be a glitch (Blaze Moonmender lvl 90 necromancer)

Defender
May 30, 2010
the only way i can see that happening is if they got more pierce the you got resist of that type of spell. for ex. the resist you have is 20 percent storm and the storm person has 21 percent perice it do 1 percent boost seeing it is 1 percent more then your defencse

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012

Level 67
wait a minute i have no idea what you are trying to say that makes zero sense. what do you mean by "i'll BOOST to someone else's spell?

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

Level 67
Did you Polymorph? Polymorphs always have a boost

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade Haha right there with you :P

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
mollyisthebest on May 8, 2013 wrote:
the only way i can see that happening is if they got more pierce the you got resist of that type of spell. for ex. the resist you have is 20 percent storm and the storm person has 21 percent perice it do 1 percent boost seeing it is 1 percent more then your defencse
I have been looking at their armor piercing at the end and they don't have any and they also don't use the armor piercing blade.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
chopper99933 on May 8, 2013 wrote:
wait a minute i have no idea what you are trying to say that makes zero sense. what do you mean by "i'll BOOST to someone else's spell?
I mean by saying you know how ice boosts to fire school enemies, how myth boosts to storm enemies? That is what I am talking about but on pvp.

Chelsea Blue, Legendary Thamaturge
Level 67

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
Wolf Skullslinger on May 8, 2013 wrote:
Did you Polymorph? Polymorphs always have a boost

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade Haha right there with you :P
I don't do polymorph unless I am going against a boss that is my school and it doesn't help much I really need to get a better polymorph. I have balance and ice polymorph. I never use my ice. I never ever have the cards in my deck unless i need them.

Level 67

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
Would Berserk cause this? I'm only asking because I'm not completely sure.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
@chiggergirl1 - were you using a Polymorph? Many of the Polymorphs boost to certain schools. For example, the Ice Collosus Polymorph boosts to Fire, and so on.

Defender
May 03, 2009
Were you healed? This is the only thing I know of that a wizard can be boosted by. If you did fairy on yourself and had and incoming and outgoing rate it would say "Boost "

That's the only thing that I can think of that could have happened.