Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Form of God Card Ultimatum?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
If anyone here remembers the show Yu-Gi-Oh or has never heard of it, there was a set of almighty cards called The Egyptian God Cards (Obelisk the Tormentor, The Winged Dragon of Ra, Slifer the Sky Dragon). And normally the best duelist (Being Yugi) was in control of all 3 god cards.

What if Wizard101 had something like this in PVP? Where there are 3 almighty cards (Unique, never seen outside an Arena) that only belonged to one duelist. These cards are very, very powerful, and only that duelist has them, since he is number 1. If he loses a ranked 1v1 match (the #1 can compete outside 1v1 ranked matches, but can't use the cards unless he/she is in a 1v1 ranked match). If that ranked #1 duelist loses, then the god cards are given to the winner of that duel, who is now the new ranked #1.

So in the short run, 3 almighty cards, only one possessor, the best. If that duelist loses, he loses the cards to the victor. There is also a quest where you travel back in time to bring the almighty cards to your time.
Anyone think this is a good idea?

Hunter Myth, Level 54 Grandmaster Conjurer

Historian
May 06, 2009
Hunter Myth on May 8, 2013 wrote:
If anyone here remembers the show Yu-Gi-Oh or has never heard of it, there was a set of almighty cards called The Egyptian God Cards (Obelisk the Tormentor, The Winged Dragon of Ra, Slifer the Sky Dragon). And normally the best duelist (Being Yugi) was in control of all 3 god cards.

What if Wizard101 had something like this in PVP? Where there are 3 almighty cards (Unique, never seen outside an Arena) that only belonged to one duelist. These cards are very, very powerful, and only that duelist has them, since he is number 1. If he loses a ranked 1v1 match (the #1 can compete outside 1v1 ranked matches, but can't use the cards unless he/she is in a 1v1 ranked match). If that ranked #1 duelist loses, then the god cards are given to the winner of that duel, who is now the new ranked #1.

So in the short run, 3 almighty cards, only one possessor, the best. If that duelist loses, he loses the cards to the victor. There is also a quest where you travel back in time to bring the almighty cards to your time.

I like the idea but I think Kingsisle is reluctant to forcably take away our spells. Kinda why we don't have a "Can't Use in PvP" spell outside the treasure cards.

Like the Idea though!

Defender
May 03, 2009
Hunter Myth on May 8, 2013 wrote:

How about the #1 person in the leaderboard gets the best card, #2 person gets the 2nd best, and the #3 person gets the last card. But, other than the one-person-gets-all thing, nice idea

Scarlet Hawk
Amber Rose

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I don't know about this. It depends on the mythology and religion. If it is something like Greek Mythology or Egyptian like you said, It would be awesome. But if it is something a lot of people believe in now, like Christianity or Judaism, It may be taken as offensive or controversial.

Bailey Skullvault, Grandmaster of

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
robotdino123 on May 9, 2013 wrote:
I don't know about this. It depends on the mythology and religion. If it is something like Greek Mythology or Egyptian like you said, It would be awesome. But if it is something a lot of people believe in now, like Christianity or Judaism, It may be taken as offensive or controversial.

Bailey Skullvault, Grandmaster of
I feel the heebie jeebies just casting Storm Lord...actually noticed I try to avoid it wherever possible and just do a non-denominational Tempest instead.

If KI made a series of pvp god cards, I suppose I would probably be fine with that since I don't PVP, but at a gut level, taking the spiritual journeys of others and turning them into a marketing gimmick just feels tacky and idolatrous. Even the gods and saints of long lost civilizations deserve to be handled in a respectful way even if we ourselves are no longer bound in superstition.