Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prisms and Balance Blades

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I think balance should be given their own blade and two prisms, one that randomly selects a spirit, and the other randomly selects an elemental.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jacob11689 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
I think balance should be given their own blade and two prisms, one that randomly selects a spirit, and the other randomly selects an elemental.
Balance does have it's own blade; it is called: Balance Blade
I do love the prism idea...a lot!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
what would it prism into tho? It doesn't have an oppositional school

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
dayerider on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
The elemental schools are prime schools and not the combination of anything, balance is the combination of everything, opposite?

Fire gets a boost against ice mobs/bosses because they are opposite, spirit damage gets a boost against balance mobs and bosses, opposite?

Life mobs and bosses cast death shield because they are opposite, balance cast elemental and spirit shields, opposite?

Seams that any school that is not balanced or is out of balance is opposed to balance. So balance converts would convert balance specific damage into a random elemental or spirit damage type accordingly. These would be similar to balance’s other elemental or spirit spells (triple blades, traps, spears, shields, dispels, minions and so forth), we can see a similar effect in how spectral blast works (a built in prism in effect).

As a side note to the OP, a damage specific blade would probably also call for a damage specific shield, however converting the unshieldable balance damage into a shieldable state would not. Why would it?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
NZ Owl on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
The elemental schools are prime schools and not the combination of anything, balance is the combination of everything, opposite?

Fire gets a boost against ice mobs/bosses because they are opposite, spirit damage gets a boost against balance mobs and bosses, opposite?

Life mobs and bosses cast death shield because they are opposite, balance cast elemental and spirit shields, opposite?

Seams that any school that is not balanced or is out of balance is opposed to balance. So balance converts would convert balance specific damage into a random elemental or spirit damage type accordingly. These would be similar to balance’s other elemental or spirit spells (triple blades, traps, spears, shields, dispels, minions and so forth), we can see a similar effect in how spectral blast works (a built in prism in effect).

As a side note to the OP, a damage specific blade would probably also call for a damage specific shield, however converting the unshieldable balance damage into a shieldable state would not. Why would it?
The big problem I see is this, how would the prisms work? Would they go work for every school or just balance? If it works for just Balance, then it throws the game out of balance since it would have 6 prism spells where all other schools only have one. I think the BEST option would be a card that converts FROM any school, to the opponent's oppositional school. So Death could cast one of the prisms to convert from Death spell to ice to fight against fire (for example).

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
jacob11689 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
I don't know if you were trying to say that balance should have a blade that only goes toward balance spells or what, but if that's the case then that's an interesting and a good idea, and I like the prisms idea too, my question is where and how would you learn them?

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
It could be a random choice between Sun Magic, Star Magic, and Moon Magic!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
MythicPlayer on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
It could be a random choice between Sun Magic, Star Magic, and Moon Magic!
then they would be useless prisms. I'm up to Avalon, and as I recall, only Celestia has Astral spell attacks. outside of those, it's a useless prism; not even worth the time to make, unless they make astral schools playable

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
dayerider on Apr 26, 2013 wrote:
The big problem I see is this, how would the prisms work? Would they go work for every school or just balance? If it works for just Balance, then it throws the game out of balance since it would have 6 prism spells where all other schools only have one. I think the BEST option would be a card that converts FROM any school, to the opponent's oppositional school. So Death could cast one of the prisms to convert from Death spell to ice to fight against fire (for example).
don't get hung up on the means, its the convert effect that is desired. that being said the converts would probably work like spectral blast, "convert balance damage into fire, ice or storm damage" randomly and or "convert balance damage into life, death or myth damage". so that drops us down to 2 converts (which other schools also have with their single prism and mass prism).

now for some options, a convert does not have to be in the form of a prism (ward), it could be as a "lens" (charm), aura, global effect or even from gear. after all one of the drawbacks of the storm school for instance is low accuracy and gear is used to smooth that out, so a convert via gear would also be an option, I have a thread about that very idea here.

the balance school is diffrent, and thats a good thing, however that does not need to limit the school nor does it mean that balance needs to do things in the same exact way. some sort of convert is greatly desired though, because the balance school plays out so diffrently in pve than pvp. in pvp balance is known as the damage that has no shield, in pve balance works out as being the only damage that is bound by a shield that it can not get around in the form of resistance from balance mobs and bosses.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
First off, I am suggesting a balance specific blade. We all know that balance blade works for everyone, but i am suggesting a blade similar to other blades. So, if you were to put a balance blade (school specific one) on a storm, it wouldn't work. Also I am suggesting a random selection for the prisms. For example the spell Spectral, it randomly chooses between Fire,Ice, and Storm, we apply the same algorithm to a prism that selects between Death, Life, and Myth. It also wouldn't hurt anyone to add a balance shield.

P.S. I think balance needs a better school spell at lvl 100, I think the last few since Ra have been pretty bad. (Personal opinion). Considering how powerful Sirens is.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
I think the prism idea is great, I've had the exact same idea that a balance prism could convert a balance spell into a random spirit one.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
the only thing i'd go for is the balance specific blade....the strongest thing balance wizards have is +30% trap (Hex). it would be nice because I hate it when weakness is placed on my balance wizard and I lose my blades and traps just to take off the weakness.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
NZ Owl on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
don't get hung up on the means, its the convert effect that is desired. that being said the converts would probably work like spectral blast, "convert balance damage into fire, ice or storm damage" randomly and or "convert balance damage into life, death or myth damage". so that drops us down to 2 converts (which other schools also have with their single prism and mass prism).

now for some options, a convert does not have to be in the form of a prism (ward), it could be as a "lens" (charm), aura, global effect or even from gear. after all one of the drawbacks of the storm school for instance is low accuracy and gear is used to smooth that out, so a convert via gear would also be an option, I have a thread about that very idea here.

the balance school is diffrent, and thats a good thing, however that does not need to limit the school nor does it mean that balance needs to do things in the same exact way. some sort of convert is greatly desired though, because the balance school plays out so diffrently in pve than pvp. in pvp balance is known as the damage that has no shield, in pve balance works out as being the only damage that is bound by a shield that it can not get around in the form of resistance from balance mobs and bosses.
First part - fair point, but my issue is actually from the Balance school aspect. Sure it's a gamble, and YES, it does follow spectral blast, but, I don't know, I guess it just doesnt seem fair to leave it to chance for balance.

Balance is totally different, and that's what makes it hard. perhaps give balance an anti-balance prism so that it has oppositional damage without having an oppositional school. If balance ever gets the oppositional school, then it can easily be changed to allow for that type of damage morph

Survivor
Jan 23, 2012
view my topic about.....Why balance should have a over time spell

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
dayerider on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
First part - fair point, but my issue is actually from the Balance school aspect. Sure it's a gamble, and YES, it does follow spectral blast, but, I don't know, I guess it just doesnt seem fair to leave it to chance for balance.

Balance is totally different, and that's what makes it hard. perhaps give balance an anti-balance prism so that it has oppositional damage without having an oppositional school. If balance ever gets the oppositional school, then it can easily be changed to allow for that type of damage morph
Yea, converting to void damage as example or even some sort of astral damage would work though it would be at the cost of flavor in favor of mechanics. If we are not worried about flavor than KI could reduce the native resist of balance mobs/bosses to compinsate for the fact that balance damage doesn't also have a native boost, prisim, mass prism, spear and so forth to counter balance the native resist. I understand why KI added the resist in the first place, to keep balance bosses on par with all of the other bosses though the lack of proper tools in the balance school was not taken into account in that atempt to be "fair".

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
it could be like from a random school so a balance prism could change into a fire, ice, storm, life, death, or myth

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i think maybe rather than a prism more playable cards like spectral? then we finally have a chance against our own bosses plus a small school specific balanceblade would be great maybe 20%? i know it's small but for two reasons first of you need to cast it twice (one for each) and it wouldn't work for spectral hydra or chimera. just to get a little more kick

-gab ashcaller 65 balance