Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Discolored Crowns Shop Hairstyles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I recently purchased a new black Owl hairstyle from the crown shop. I love the new hairstyles, but I was rather shocked when I saw mine in-game. This has to be a glitch.
In the shop the black hair looks, well, as it should, dark black. But once I made my purchase it appeared grey and faded.
Has this happened to anyone else? I really hope it's a glitch. I don't know if it's just me experiencing it or not. I don't like the grey appearance and I hope it's retextured and fixed soon.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I have this problem too. I saw it, realized it, and was a little disappointed. I hope they change it also. I bought this for my death and she usually has a dark black and light green outfit and the hairstyle seems out of place so...

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
ThoughtfulThaumatu... on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
I recently purchased a new black Owl hairstyle from the crown shop. I love the new hairstyles, but I was rather shocked when I saw mine in-game. This has to be a glitch.
In the shop the black hair looks, well, as it should, dark black. But once I made my purchase it appeared grey and faded.
Has this happened to anyone else? I really hope it's a glitch. I don't know if it's just me experiencing it or not. I don't like the grey appearance and I hope it's retextured and fixed soon.
actually my dark black owl wig does look good on my storm wizard. it makes me look a little like mavis on hotel Transylvania.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I like the owl hairstyle, but it's WAY too short for me, if there was a style like the owl but twice as long then that would be my perfect hairstyle (I have that in real life!)

-Stephanie Moonblade, Grandmaster (level 50) pyromancer.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I agree, there are color issues with the hair. I bought a brown that appears red in game, and a light brown that appears blonde in game.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have had the same problem as well~ i bought the owl for my necromancer, changing his hair from blond to dark brown, but it looks almost reddish on the load screen. totally not what i was going for, ki.

please look into this, kthanksbye.

-v.

Defender
May 03, 2009
I chose a light blonde hair color on the owl style and it looks yellow. Not what I wanted :(

Explorer
May 30, 2010
So my mysteriously orange 'red-haired' Owl is not alone? I'm somewhat relieved.

I do so wish they'd offered a longer hair style. I'd really prefer it to all the short cuts provided.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 4, 2013 wrote:
So my mysteriously orange 'red-haired' Owl is not alone? I'm somewhat relieved.

I do so wish they'd offered a longer hair style. I'd really prefer it to all the short cuts provided.
nope, it's clearly not just you.

i was hoping for some longer styles, too~ the short ones are cute, but they didn't *all* have to be that way.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I have previewed the Swan hairstyle and think it looks like mine. I previewed the colors and found a brownish reddish color like my hair color. However, reading your message do you think it won't be brownish reddish?

~Jacob NightHunter Level 82 Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
leg0master on May 12, 2013 wrote:
I have previewed the Swan hairstyle and think it looks like mine. I previewed the colors and found a brownish reddish color like my hair color. However, reading your message do you think it won't be brownish reddish?

~Jacob NightHunter Level 82 Archmage Sorcerer
I'm not sure about the swan, most of the comments here are about the owl, but again I'm not quite sure

-Stephanie Moonblade Grandmaster (level 50) Pyromancer.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
yeah, I had this problem too. my black hairstyle was gray, but my blond hairstyle was unglitched.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah l have this problem to, I bought the owl (brown) for one of my girls and it shows up white/gray when I equip it, so I had to just unstitch it, now it sits in my shared bank doing nothing. It made me look old!

Administrator
There can be a few things that will impact the color of your hairstyle.

Just like a t-shirt looks a little different in sunlight than it does with indoor, or fluorescent lighting, so will a hairstyle look different in some worlds of the Spiral. Worlds have different values and hues for lighting. Colors appear a little darker in Marleybone than they appear in Krokotopia.

Turning the 'Bloom' setting to OFF in your options panel may give you a truer color to what you saw in the Crown Shop preview window.

If you feel that the color of your hairstyle is so radically different than the preview window - please
  • turn off bloom in your options panel and see if that helps
  • move to different worlds of the Spiral (or even streets and houses) to see how the colors vary depending on the lighting for each zone
  • if you're still convinced it's too different, send a screenshot of your character wearing the hairstyle to community@wizard101.com and we will look at what you are seeing

community@wizard101.com