Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Earth Day Proposal

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
It's coming up! The day when we celebrate the world around us and try to appreciate nature.

I think KingsIsle should give us a quest for Earth Day. Here's the inspiration.

When I saw the state of the school trees in Dragonspyre, it sort of broke my heart. It also made me feel as though a great injustice had been done - and MUST be righted!

So, for Earth Day, I think it would be a great addition to Wizard101 if a quest line was started in which the ultimate goal is to resurrect the trees of Dragonspyre... in the name of Bartleby, our great grandfather tree.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Mythographer on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
It's coming up! The day when we celebrate the world around us and try to appreciate nature.

I think KingsIsle should give us a quest for Earth Day. Here's the inspiration.

When I saw the state of the school trees in Dragonspyre, it sort of broke my heart. It also made me feel as though a great injustice had been done - and MUST be righted!

So, for Earth Day, I think it would be a great addition to Wizard101 if a quest line was started in which the ultimate goal is to resurrect the trees of Dragonspyre... in the name of Bartleby, our great grandfather tree.
I like that, but what about Ashley, the fire tree? She didnt get killed.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
That's true and thank you for your response. Maybe Ashley can be the one that gives us the quest? She would have a firsthand account of what happened to the other trees and she would also know the other trees better than anyone.

I'm really glad that you like my idea, I hope others like it too. :)

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
Mythographer on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:
That's true and thank you for your response. Maybe Ashley can be the one that gives us the quest? She would have a firsthand account of what happened to the other trees and she would also know the other trees better than anyone.

I'm really glad that you like my idea, I hope others like it too. :)
great, maybe you would hear Ashley cry, her friends are gone and you must get them back

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
This is a super idea, even for when it's no longer Earth Day.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Wow! Love it! But Ashley shouldn't be crying I don't think, She's fire and would burn out. Poor Ashley! But maybe we would have to restore her!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
The other day my friends and I were having a discussion over lunch about the role computer games have in civic and environmental consciousness.

The devils advocate position is to say folks should just turn off their computers and go outside and plant trees. That no matter how much a game preaches a "green" lifestyle, its very existence creates a drain on the power grid, burning of coal, electronic hazmat waste, and so forth that is greater than the contribution any one person could make on their own.

I disagree and think that most people, given a choice, would rather do the "right" thing if they understood correctly how our choices and actions affect the community and the planet.

I also believe that even very ecologically conscious people will still play computer games, because they enjoy it and because their work and life responsibilities do not allow them to turn off their computers and skip outside anytime they want. And they would be more receptive to an ecological message in any given game.

Case in point: one of the friends who plays W101 with his son recently finished Mooshu. He said it would be simple to take a campaign like Shirataki Temple and use it to underscore the importance of water quality, public sanitation, etc. The diseased water spirits and plague victims could be metaphors for the effects of pollution and for waterborne infectious disease on human civilization. By cleansing the temple and battling the polluting Imitsu clan you are stemming the tide of an epidemic.

Even Balestrom's triton quest could be used as a metaphor for saving an endangered species (the rare spotted river triton) from extinction due to habitat pollution. In thanks for saving their lives, the tritons become your powerful allies.

Anyway, interesting conversation I thought.