Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck to small?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2013

My deck is at 20 cards. When I go to battle enough cards will not appear. When I go to the shopping district there is not a larger one? What to do? Thanks.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
go to bazzar you can get a deck with 30 spells and at level 30 you can get 50 cards

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
newleaf43 on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:

My deck is at 20 cards. When I go to battle enough cards will not appear. When I go to the shopping district there is not a larger one? What to do? Thanks.
The amount of spells you can hold in a deck goes by your level. Your school decks usually will hold more cards and treasure cards then generic ones. I usually win decks in drops to get me by and don't have to buy them.

Most can use the starter deck though Krockatopia at least, some just train reshuffle and use them though the whole game. In your backpack down the right side there is a picture of the deck and you click on this to add cards to the one you have equipped on your wizard. The dots by the card tell you how many copies you can put in your deck.

Each battle you will be presented with a hand to cast spells from - if some are not needed you can right mouse click to remove them and wait for the next round for new cards to come up. In order to cast spells you must have the right amount of pips at your feet to match the number on the card, yellow pips count as 2 toward your in school spells.

From my experience it is best to keep your cards manageable to avoid constant discarding and loosing a chance to cast a needed card. The shorter the fight the less apt you are to be defeated. I load my deck(s) with between 9-20 cards depending on the battle for the entire game and put emergency ones in the Sideboard (treasure cards).

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

You shouldn't be shopping in the shopping district - most items are more expensive and have very little boosting power.
Depending on your level, you can upgrade you deck just like your gear. Go to the Bazaar, click on the deck icon and sort by level and school.
You might also want to look at what cards you are actually loading into your deck to make sure they are ones you will need/use.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010

You can buy decks from the deck dealer in shopping district or from the bazaar. But i want to make sure you know that eventually you will move back to the smaller deck in order for you to get the cards you need quicker.

You do know that when you get your opening hand you can discard any cards you dont need by right clicking them so that next turn you get that many new cards from your deck. I wasnt sure if you were a new player and some donot know this.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
It depends what level you are and what school you are. Some schools need bigger decks than others. My fire wizard is doing just fine with a smaller deck than m other wizards i tried it on. The bazaar is your answer for a huge deck. If you are level 30 or above, the deck of locus is the best choice with 50 cards.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
Yeah like they said the deck goes by what level you are for instance if you are in level fifty you can get a sixty to sixty four sized deck i know i did. It looks like you still have allot of levels to go. Good luck on your journey.
I hoped this help,
Chase spellblade level seventy one fire

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Stormgem307 on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
It depends what level you are and what school you are. Some schools need bigger decks than others. My fire wizard is doing just fine with a smaller deck than m other wizards i tried it on. The bazaar is your answer for a huge deck. If you are level 30 or above, the deck of locus is the best choice with 50 cards.
How much does the deck of locus cost? I'm level 33 pyromancer, but by deck is too cramped now, with 30 spells for the max. At level 27 I asked myself "Why the heck are my decks always to small?" At level 29, I went to the bazaar, and the best decks were either 25+, 20-25 spells or 35+, 30-35 spells. Is it at the bazaar often? If yes, please reply. Thanks!

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Yes! I was about to post something about this. 64 spells is the most you can get? I think they should add pages too the decks for more spells. The highest sideboard you can get is only 32 also. The beginners deck is also a bit ridiculous.

-Jake

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
Elijah MythHorn on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Yes! I was about to post something about this. 64 spells is the most you can get? I think they should add pages too the decks for more spells. The highest sideboard you can get is only 32 also. The beginners deck is also a bit ridiculous.

-Jake
I am glad I found this before I posted another thread. With the increase in spells and future new worlds, I wonder what the future plan is for a bigger deck for those of us that have the max number of spells allowed. I have been thinking about that, especially with the fact that I am about to get my level 88 spell and all the old and new astral spells. Being balance we have a big variety of spells and it's hard to be able to put them all in a deck that only allows 64 cards. Having a death wizard I have empty slots in my deck, because they don't have as much cards.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012

I would check the bazaar, he usually has more stuff there than at the shops in the shopping district, but also, it depends on your level that was happening to me too a few days ago til i turned level 15, then i went in and bought a deck (good ones are pretty expensive) and now i'm good

Ryan Deathcloud Level 15

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
when in doubt go to the bazzar they always have better stuff like i have a deck that is better then most decks in celestia and its lvl 45+ and i got it at the bazzar! my cloths are from the crown shop though so if you want better cloths go there. i have had these cloths for over 25 lvl's and there still better than all the normal cloths selling at my lvl available unfortunately they dont sell decks at the crown shop i think D: hoped this helped

jack skullbreeze master of

PS. i got the cloths in a pack so if you want good cloths buy a pack
PSS. the wand from the pack helps to witch i also got (the phoenix hoard pack was the one. got the pet to)

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
if im wrong tell me ill check if im right tell me ill celebrate XD

-jack skullbreeze master of fire