Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extra Challenging Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Okay, so here is my idea. We have all heard of Sunken City, Bristle-Back Tower, And the Water Works. We all know that they are extra challenging, but give better rewards. So, my idea is that there should be another one. My idea is that a haunted house has suddenly appeared in WC. And it's not just any house! Headmaster Ambrose's house has been overrun by monsters and ghosts. As the biggest house in WC, it's private library can be used to uncover Bartlebey's (no idea about the spelling) weakness. In an attempt to stop the monster's plan, Merle has hired a group of Ghost Hunters from MB. But all of them have gone missing except their leader, Buster O'Ghost. He came to Merle, begging him to send the most powerful wizard he has to help him save the other ghost hunters. I will go into more detail about the different rooms later, but after you finish every room you go into the library and give the crew back their memories. They reveal Buster O'Ghost was behind it all. You must fight him to complete the dungeon. Please post your thoughts and ideas for side dungeons here. I will post more info on stats later.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I am not against that, however I think that the shower was cold enough in Azteca. And also, if your talking about gear like WW, I think that they should wait until the next level cap to release gear. Because if we get some now, we wont get some for level 100, which we are getting closer and closer to.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I like challenging well known dungeons. Except Spiral Geographic Society Archives ( Ware house ) Which was so bad they changed it from a main quest to a side quest.

I guess I'm in for that idea.

As long as it's not as bad as Ware House....

-Angela DragonStone
The wizard that rokz

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Fishburt700 on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
Okay, so here is my idea. We have all heard of Sunken City, Bristle-Back Tower, And the Water Works. We all know that they are extra challenging, but give better rewards. So, my idea is that there should be another one. My idea is that a haunted house has suddenly appeared in WC. And it's not just any house! Headmaster Ambrose's house has been overrun by monsters and ghosts. As the biggest house in WC, it's private library can be used to uncover Bartlebey's (no idea about the spelling) weakness. In an attempt to stop the monster's plan, Merle has hired a group of Ghost Hunters from MB. But all of them have gone missing except their leader, Buster O'Ghost. He came to Merle, begging him to send the most powerful wizard he has to help him save the other ghost hunters. I will go into more detail about the different rooms later, but after you finish every room you go into the library and give the crew back their memories. They reveal Buster O'Ghost was behind it all. You must fight him to complete the dungeon. Please post your thoughts and ideas for side dungeons here. I will post more info on stats later.
I love the thought of any new material in the game. New=interest which helps the game stay fresh.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I like side-quest dungeons. For team play its more fun than main quest adventures which get broken up with errand hopping, did-not-collect quests, and very few rewards for team mates that are helping.

I am not fond of cheating bosses that have wacko-silly cheats that don't make any logical sense. Having to do an internet search for info to reduce an absolutely impossible battle into a no-brainer isn't wizardy. I much rather in-game NPCs give hints, suggestions, and warnings. Keep it a wizarding game, not an internet search game.

I would like to see really tough dungeons that offer special, unique items of gear (graphic appearance, not the stats). The items should be stitchable. They should not able to be shared-bank, so only wizards that complete the dungeon can wear them. True rewards for wizards who complete the challenge!

I am a big fan of special items available only from in-game efforts, not from crown shop. And not from over-powered wizards that shared-bank stuff to the other wizards on account.

Happy Wizarding!

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Cool idea!! I say that should be a side quest in marelybone with all the haunted stuff and detectives around there. This would b fun especially with new drops like pets and special robes and badges to earn

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Fishburt700 on Mar 19, 2013 wrote:
OK, so I got some ideas about stats, gear, and motives. My idea is that Buster O'Ghost is trying to destroy Bartleby so that all magic will vanish from the spiral. He will then make all of the ghosts he controls attack the spiral, everyone will hire him to vanquish the ghosts without wizards. Merle is so old that he will vanish without magic to continue to keep him alive. That means that you are the only wizard that even stands a chance using magic. He asks you to help him so that you can be destroyed. With you and Merle out of the way, nothing will stop him from making millions of crowns.

Okay, so when you first enter the dungeon, there are two ghosts standing at the entrance. They are mob-ghosts. 5,000 health each. Death. They drop a ghost costume. 4 parts: ghost mount, ghost hat, ghost shoes, and ghost robe. They have no stats and are a rare drop. They make you appear to be a lost soul.

After they are defeated, Buster O'Ghost tells you that he needs help from another ghost expert. He tells you that his radio is jammed and that the phantom that is down the secret passage is the one that is jamming the signal. The player walks down the secret passage and sees Brady B. Bones, a phantom. You beat him and he has 22,999 health. He has no cheats, and is in the life school. However, he has minions that heal him every round for zero pips. 7,000 health each, life. He has a VERY rare drop that is a zero pip spell that does 300 damage. This is his only drop.

After Buster O'Ghost sends out a message to the Ghost Hunter's base, asking them to send someone who can easily help them. Suddenly, another ghost appears. The ghost explains that he was saved from going insane like most ghosts because he manages to trap his memories in a diamond while he was alive, and now hunts ghosts as a living. He quickly dashes through the house and tells you he could only find one member of the crew. You go up the stair case and battle mobs that are exactly the same as the one I told you about before.

Upon conquering them, the member of the crew that you saved tells you that they have no memories. The ghost that you are working with says that the crew must have had their memories stolen by the ghosts. He tells you to help with the other members, which are exactly the same. There are two other members, and their mobs can drop a regreant that is called the essence of the ghost. After you complete the dungeon, the good ghost can teach you a spell if you give him a piece of ghost essence.

Finally, you battle Baxter Brute, the lead monster, who has the memories in a chest. He has 28,166 health, and his minions continue responing until you beat him. Every time he does this, he does all of the lightning attack all spells. He is lightning and drops the morphing pet. This pet has 15 different looks, and changes every time you log in.

I will post Buster O' Ghost's stats, cheats, and drops later. Please tell me what you think!