Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

order of turns

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
KI, there is a serious problem with pvp.
First let me me say, or explain, that whoever goes first in pvp has a massive advantage that is bigger than any gear advantage or reasonable lvl advantage. As long are they are worth their salt, a decent pvper can easily beat a much more experianced person as long as they go first. For example:
Fire person is going second, loads up on blades, traps, auras, everything, gets ready for the one shot kill. The private they are going against pulls out a fire shield tc from no where, and all of a sudden their one-shot is doing a thousand damage.
People see the issue here?
I myself just started pvp on any character, andhad just become a captain when suddenly i got ten fights in a row against high-lvl privates who got to go first (i am lvl seventy six). I beat some and got about two points, and lost most, on each match ranking down twenty points. This is ridiculous. In my opinion, a simple and reasonable solution is this: if the ranks aren't close enough ( which they should be) let the higher rank go first! If the lower rank beats them, obviously they deserve it. If not, they lose ten points, tops. I think that a hundred and fifty point drop streak due to lucky privates going first is crazy, as well as very frustrating after you pvp for several hours. Please see if a change can be made.
Seth Legend, Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
sethlegendperson on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
First let me me say, or explain, that whoever goes first in pvp has a massive advantage that is bigger than any gear advantage or reasonable lvl advantage. As long are they are worth their salt, a decent pvper can easily beat a much more experianced person as long as they go first. For example:
Fire person is going second, loads up on blades, traps, auras, everything, gets ready for the one shot kill. The private they are going against pulls out a fire shield tc from no where, and all of a sudden their one-shot is doing a thousand damage.
I myself just started pvp on any character, andhad just become a captain when suddenly i got ten fights in a row against high-lvl privates who got to go first (i am lvl seventy six). I beat some and got about two points, and lost most, on each match ranking down twenty points. This is ridiculous. In my opinion, a simple and reasonable solution is this: if the ranks aren't close enough ( which they should be) let the higher rank go first! If the lower rank beats them, obviously they deserve it. If not, they lose ten points, tops. I think that a hundred and fifty point drop streak due to lucky privates going first is crazy, as well as very frustrating after you pvp for several hours. Please see if a change can be made.
Seth Legend, Necromancer
It's actually random who goes first...

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sethlegendperson on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
Seth Legend, Necromancer
position doesn't matter. a good pvp'er can win from either place~ if i can do it (and i'm not a good pvp'er), so can anyone else.

earlier, my baby pyromancer (level 22) faced an ice captain: i was in second, and he cast a full-pip frozen armour~ fortunately, due to past experience, i'd anticipated such a move and made sure i had shatter ready to go. it left him pipless and defenseless (the fastest way to lose in pvp), and i capitalized on his moment of weakness. having sufficiently trapped him beforehand, i then bladed up and slammed him with efreet, which (even *through* the spirit armour he put up shortly thereafter) did over 2000 damage.

pvp is broken, badly, and all we can do in the interim is be prepared for anything and everything. if you aren't using the resources available to you, that's your own fault. but, most importantly, remember that rank means nothing (and should not dictate position in the ring): skill is everything. if your strategy has cracks, fix it: i'm still working on mine, and probably always will~ pvp is continuous learning.

most importantly, don't let your pride get the better of you~ arrogance will be your undoing, young wizard.

-sergeant von
a promethean wizard in adept's clothing.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
If your not good enough to win from second yet, then go practice pvp for a bit. There are strategies for second turn. One of these is protect yourself and slowly blade until you can hit.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
If you go second, it gives you a challenge. You can't expect easy wins all the time. Just deal with it, and even make new strategies to work around going second if you have to.