Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how can i beat immunity...

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
...in low-level pvp?

my level 22 fire sergeant and i shuddered when i noticed that her opponent was a level 30 ice captain, and it got even worse when i discovered that he was in full pvp/crowns gear and had around 60 global resist, 90-something to fire. naturally, it was tower, tower, weakness, tower, ice armour, tower, tower, spirit armour, repeat ad nauseum, for the entire fight, and i had to do almost 3000 damage, even with an infallible tc, just to get through his shields, never mind the resistance. he had no strategy, only immunity.

i've heard that such a situation is quite common in high-level pvp, and i know how to deal with it there. but, since low-level wizards don't have access to armour piercing... well, there has to be some other way, right?

advice is appreciated. snark is not. know the difference.

-sergeant von.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Wow. That must have been one tricky match.

One way to counter the Ice Armor or Spirit Armor is to use Steal Charm TC's. You could meet my ice and he could enchant some for you!

And for the tower shields, use fire elf to get rid of them. Oh yeah and for the resist, that is amazing. A prism would save you 30% resist, Infailable TC would bring it to 40%, Unstoppable TC would bring it to 25% resist. But the thing is, while you gather all these spells, your opponent can hit you so you have to heal or play defensive.

So I donk know about this

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013
Dr Von on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
...in low-level pvp?

my level 22 fire sergeant and i shuddered when i noticed that her opponent was a level 30 ice captain, and it got even worse when i discovered that he was in full pvp/crowns gear and had around 60 global resist, 90-something to fire. naturally, it was tower, tower, weakness, tower, ice armour, tower, tower, spirit armour, repeat ad nauseum, for the entire fight, and i had to do almost 3000 damage, even with an infallible tc, just to get through his shields, never mind the resistance. he had no strategy, only immunity.

i've heard that such a situation is quite common in high-level pvp, and i know how to deal with it there. but, since low-level wizards don't have access to armour piercing... well, there has to be some other way, right?

-sergeant von.
Convert, convert, convert.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Dr Von on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
...in low-level pvp?

-sergeant von.
Converts, Shatter, Power-LInk, Infallible. Fire has more ways of getting to an enemy at any level than any other school.

If you go into any match without converts, without shatter, sorry Von, but being unprepared or not expecting someone to have that much resistance is your own fault.

Think of this, anyone can have a pet with Spell proof, Defy, Fire Ward, Fire Proof and then gear resistance. They can do the same for Storm, Ice, Myth, Death, Life, and believe it or not, Balance. now, add those 4 resistances up with 250 sap, you get 40 resistance to 1 school. That is not even counting gear resistance, that is pet resistance alone! Not to mention shields, Fortify, etc.

If you are not prepared in battle, you are already defeated.

I am giving you ways to defeat them, this is not snark, but I will offer you some cookies and cheese!

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
For every situation there is always a solution, in this case it's a rare one to find. To counter enemies like this, I never put any attacks in my deck! Only blades, traps, heals, etc, and all the attacks are in my tc deck. I always start by spamming charms and wards, try to keep my health at the right level, and then try to use shatter, or earthquke to get rid of his annoyance, then spam him to death. And if that doesn't work, then I use my most powerful strategy of all... GG BYE!

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
The fansite Duelist101.com is dedicated to helping wizards in PvP. You can find guides for all schools and many levels. Search from the "Wizard101 PvP Guides" menu by school or by level.

Here is a link to one for an Adept Fire who asked for specific help.
http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/ask-duelist-adept-fire-1v1/

This is a link to the most recent article in a series by mmailliw on Adept Fire PvP with a Mastery Amulet.
http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/playing-with-fire-judging-the-build/

Hope this helps!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Steven Hawk on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
Convert, convert, convert.
right, but he *is* ice... meaning that converting from fire to ice still won't put a dent in him.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
How do you get so much resist at level 30? I am level 83 ice and I don't have as much as 90% fire and 60% global.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Dominooooo on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
How do you get so much resist at level 30? I am level 83 ice and I don't have as much as 90% fire and 60% global.
I am sure, that is a huge exaggeration of the truth. Even if someone had Storm-Ward, Storm Proof, Fire-Ward, Fire-Proof, Spell Proof on their pet, they would not have that much resistance at level 30.

Mathematically, it's impossible at that level. People tend to exaggerate to emphasize their point, when all they are actually doing is showing how moot their point really is.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Von my advice is shatter XD put one or to in.

Wolf, the Proud Pyromancer