Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lets talk about lvl 88 spells...

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Elite Warrior on Mar 27, 2013 wrote:
I too am a first arc person. Azteca is a chore more than a fun challenge. I was all motivated from Avalon and when I got to Azteca I got bored and tired, very quickly. I used to be a "hardcore" player, as I once soloed the whole game up to CL in less than four weeks (I was very focused on the game.) But Azteca finally persuaded me to play like a casual player, then after a while it made me not play at all. I didn't even enjoy my favorite worlds (MooShu, Marleybone, Krokatopia.) I used to LOVE this game, as I would always log on and never get off, but as I leveled up and got into the higher worlds, my intensity level went down. I am probably no longer going to play this game. Azteca in a nutshell: Long, work, exhausting.
Your right. It didnt matter if you didnt had SPUD, Tower Shield, Satyr, Feint, or whatever. It used to be FUN and MAGICAL. Sure, the Defeat and Collect quests were anoying, but at least the fights were FAST, relaxing, and you didnt have to always predict in advanced and be there 24 hours a day.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
I dont want to get into a fight there... but have you read my whole post??!

I wasnt even talking about what you told me. WHEN did I talked about the game's lenght?

What I am trying to say is that if you guys (hardcore players) want a challenge - you have the chance to make your own.

But we do not have the chance to make it easier.

Sorry, but I have a problem here.
Yep, I read your post. You said people who have time/money will succeed. You called it pay-to-win.

Lots of players including myself play without using crowns. Crowns do provide short-cuts, so some things take more time. Training pets, buying houses, getting spells and stuff (I haven't even bought a single pack!). Gamers can choose to buy stuff with crowns and get stuff fast, or they can wait until they get stuff in-game. Its a choice that each player can make. KI is not making this choice for you. But regardless, this game does require significant time to succeed.

Some have indicated that the game is too difficult for some players, and how can they succeed in such a game? Well... easy answer... take your time and play to your level. My 7 yo daughter is still in Krokotopia. I don't imagine she will make it to Dragonspyre anytime soon.

Unfortunately this game has been presented in a linear progression format. So many players percieve it as a game that you 'complete'. You must complete each world and then eventually you complete the game. IMO this is a bad choice on KI's part. Presenting the game in a more open-ended fashion would significantly reduce the frustration that some players have in trying to complete the game. (side note: it would also extend the memberships of players like myself. Seriously... I'm not taking a second wizard through the exact same story all over again).

My daughter has a completely different perception. She does not realize that there is an end to the game. She percieves the Spiral as an unlimited universe.

Anyway I'm flattered if anybody thinks I'm a hardcore gamer (or involved in gaming industry or anything else game related). But the truth is I am not. I just like wizardy stuff. Its fun. (I haven't played any computer/consol games since my daughter was born --> 7 years!!!).

Happy Wizarding!

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
popcicool7777777 on Mar 3, 2013 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that the 3v1 fight we had in Azteca was harder than the 2v1 cheating boss we had 30 lvls ago?!

Kingsisle, I beg you to bring back the magic in this game, PLEASE!
If you having trouble, go to bazaar and buy gear that give you massive resist against these three guys, buy some tc talos, and then save up for one big hit. You might also want some tc shatter or earth

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
I cannot seem to get the quest for my death person for the lvl 88 spell someone plz help me Cody Death Thorn!

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I love this game and I don't see the difficulty, actually.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I think this is a perfect time to quote a most profound sentence, from one of the most intellectual and articulate philosopher's of our time...

"Ain't nobody got time for that!" -Sweet Brown

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Keira Dreamleaf on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
I know the feeling, my lvl 58 spell was hard enough for me (57 runs……yes, 57)

and then 88! What now?!

The fact that you can't get help with spell quests annoys me. I would be fine by myself….if they weren't insane.
I completely agree.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Wow i can't believe this quest is so hard this myth boss criticals like every turn an even with 160 block i dont block this is insane why is this so hard

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RichardTheFriendly... on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
Wow i can't believe this quest is so hard this myth boss criticals like every turn an even with 160 block i dont block this is insane why is this so hard
I was helping a friend and we were facing some storm MoBs.

They each casted some Sirens they went first one criticalled we didnt blocked - it was at 190. We didnt even had the time to cast ONE spell before they kill us.

"Get better block." Your kidding?! The wands provided from bosses in Azteca and from the Bazaar are AWFUL.

I'm serious. No fun.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
I was helping a friend and we were facing some storm MoBs.

They each casted some Sirens they went first one criticalled we didnt blocked - it was at 190. We didnt even had the time to cast ONE spell before they kill us.

"Get better block." Your kidding?! The wands provided from bosses in Azteca and from the Bazaar are AWFUL.

I'm serious. No fun.
Starting in Alto Alto I upgraded my gear to universal critical block 202. I used gear crafted from Zafaria and Avalon, and the Sword of Kings (wand) from Avalon. Playing solo I haven't been defeated by any mobs in Azteca since.

I believe that as long as your critical block is greater than the enemy's critical rating you will not get hit by a critical...ever. This is what the great magical oracle called internet told me a couple weeks ago.

Last night I spent several hours helping others in Avalon and it appeared I had 100% immunity from critical hits. Obviously I don't know the critical ratings of enemy, but apparently in Avalon it is less than 202.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Ya'll are just undetermined and weak then -_- Only took me 3 tries to get Celestian Calendar.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Myth God90 on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Ya'll are just undetermined and weak then -_- Only took me 3 tries to get Celestian Calendar.
Seriously.. whats your problem?

Is this the way you react IRL?

When people need some help, you just sit there and vent? No. Its not nice in the first place, and also second,y this post has no goal.

Please be constructive in your posts. This does not apply to you only. There are many posters out there who write some similar posts with no cunstructive points.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
The bosses are definitely too hard. It's hard enough to win a 3v1 without paying real money for it. Then, have the bosses start with full power pips, give them mega critical, mutations (my worst nightmare, along with) mastery amulets, too!?!?!?! And the minions... when I did my quest, it took me15 minutes to kill the minions. The boss took me an additional hour, during which I nearly died about 3 times. And yes, I have a pretty strong wizard, with 50% resist, about the same amount of damage, good accuracy, all of ice's shielding perks, and a pet that heals practically non-stop. This isn't just impractical. It's crazy. And the worst part is, some schools (I know ice does and I believe balance does too) have to fight at least one thing of their own school.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2008
popcicool7777777 on Mar 8, 2013 wrote:
Exactly, and you know what? The first arc is where I belong. The spell quests where you had to get some TC and try 2 or 3 times before gaining their spell (Thief of spells, I was thinking of you when writing this)

But now, here we are, with our crazily underpowered wizards, facing some 6 and 7 power pips starting Boses with twice our health and its 2 overpowered minions trying to survive while they use all their pips during 4 rounds.

Is it magical? No. At all.
Twice our health? Unless you have a wizard with 10,000 health then they have like 6 times our health!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Yep, I know KI needs to keep prices high to keep this buisness, but KI, do we REALLY have to hire 3 lvl 90 henchmen to get one spell? This is just crazy. I am on the edge here, but I am a super fan and can't stop playing. if I wasn't, I would be on the edge of quitting. I can bet many people have quit for this reason. This is too much of a challange. I don't want to go through it, 10 more times. (Five times for 58, and five more for 88. I have 5 more wizards Sothmekhet was a huge pain in the Efreet.)

Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , sister #1
Alura Rainheart, lvl 27, sister #2
Brecken Storytalon, lvl 22 , sister #3
Savannah Darkbane, lvl 17 , sister #4
Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 11 , sister #5
Krestal Wintergrove, lvl 3 , sister #6

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
Wow, are the other schools quests really that hard? I finished my avenging fossil quest on the first try, my balance friend got his sabertooth on the first try too.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
the spells aren't even worth it! A balance does equal damage to sabertooth with 10 pip judge (1,000) and that is a level 28 spell! 3v1 for okay spell is dumb. This is why I now play DC Universe Online (Rated ages 13+) and through the first arc! My friend who soloed Xibalba even had trouble with his spell quest. And thanasi99, totally man Sweet Brown all the way. Boo Azteca!

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I will admit as a fire student I died twice before I got my level 88 spell, but it wasn't that bad. I just had to search through my gear to find something with decent resist.I wasnt about to go farm something that I would only use for one or two battles.

Fighting all the pyromancers in this world made me cry...a lot . Fire dinos,Fire fish (which makes no sense), Fire monkeys, Fire birds, I was surprised I didn't see fire ferrets -_-'

The final dungeon was the hardest if only because most of my friends had gotten feed up with the game so i had to wait a week before someone else with the quest would help me(as a college student my money goes to basic human needs not virtual items and stuff). It took two tries and a disconnect.

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
All I do is use the minions of myth to my advantage.
Ive realized that they just attack the minion, and my minions usually shield themselves so it gives me time to put blades on.
In fact i've used that strategy through so far most of Azteca.
I was to dumb to realize this on the cheating one (Which I raged so hard on...) But when the time comes i'll be ready for the fight...

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
i died 877 times and still dont have lord of winter its a fact i will never get it

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
jakehero8 on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
i died 877 times and still dont have lord of winter its a fact i will never get it
I can't help but feel that was little over exaggerated.

I understand though. The life school I struggled with. I got chain stunned so many times! The storm one wasn't so bad because I found an easier way to do it.

It's about setting up your deck right and making sure you have some good gear on you. However, I still had to purchase 3 henchmen to get me through it. I honestly think that these bosses need to be easier. Just remove a minion or something.

And the same goes for them astral spells in Azteca. They are really useful, however, they're and absolute nightmare to get through. Especially if you're storm. (Previous experience).

Either that or allow friend to port in and help you. Teamwork is the key in this game. And not everyone has the ability to solo bosses. I struggled to solo in Celestia, so imagine when I got to Azteca

Survivor
Jan 04, 2012
I think level 88 spell bosses are VERY hard. i am a balance wizard an my boss has about 21,000 health then 2 ice minions with 3,500 health each. balance also has no converts. what could i do to get the sabertooth spell?

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
RichardTheFriendly... on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
Well stun block and heals come into play as well as well as stun block it only took me one try I got a level 90 storm henchman and a level 90 life henchman then when those died you guys might laugh but a level 30 fire henchman boosts on the myth boss as well as storm and life Stun block is a must to get this spell because of medusa which can be bought with a training point in wizard city at diego pvp master I had no problems with getting the spineysaur spell also you have to think of a stratigy to get the spell as well what spells your going to use and how to set your deck up but since the boss is myth Put in less blades as possible because of earthquake also You want to think about your gear and if your myth Converts come into play as well also since they placed the new Minions into the game that can come into play also I noticed when i went for the spell he only earthquake twice on me but he uses medusa more than earthquake also if i were you i'd watch his pips for medusa and earthquake both

Thanks

AndrewLifeweave level 90 Life wizard

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
jakehero8 on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
Jake If you got that far you can get the spell Just believe in yourself Look at what i posted as a stratigy for the spell Try to set your deck up as best as you can! Keep trying you will get it I know you will

Andrew LifeWeave level 90