Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should The Labyrinth not be a dungeon?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
There is a lot of quests needed to be done in The Labyrinth. It's really annoying to have to do every single boss again, like The Silver Sentinel. I'm a life wizard, and I have to do the Rebirth quest, and it's really frustrating to defeat The Silver Sentinel. It should be an area like The Drake Hatchery. What do you think?

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I agree. You have to do labrinth like 3 or 4 times through the course of DS and gets very annoying .

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have gotten it down to going in twice - first time for spell and the main quest line which means the entire dungeon, second time you have to fight though just to get to see the dean for the chest that goes with the pcs of the staff you are making for Ashley, it is annoying to have to do the 3 boss street fights to do this though.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
Through the whole Labyrinth, I believe there is a total of six required bosses. Each one of the bosses I can't fight alone. I had to do the Labyrinth about three times. (One for main quest line, one for "The Rota of Reading" quest, and the last one for the Dragon Rider Staff piece.)

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
CanaryCass on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
There is a lot of quests needed to be done in The Labyrinth. It's really annoying to have to do every single boss again, like The Silver Sentinel. I'm a life wizard, and I have to do the Rebirth quest, and it's really frustrating to defeat The Silver Sentinel. It should be an area like The Drake Hatchery. What do you think?
I know, I was annoyed to have to go back in to get my Orthrus quest, luckily
I had good gear on and didn't die in the boss fight.

Valkoor GoldSong - level 61 myth

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I hate the labyrinth is super annoying!!! you have to go in there THREE TIMES at the most!!!

1. main quest to proceed in dragonsypre
2. if your level 48 quest for your spell requires you to go in there depending what school you are
3. for the obsidian chest for the dragon rider staff piece.

What a dungeon!!!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
CrazyZombie11440 on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
I know, I was annoyed to have to go back in to get my Orthrus quest, luckily
I had good gear on and didn't die in the boss fight.

Valkoor GoldSong - level 61 myth
If you have a fire friend, it makes it a lot easier.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
seriously people i have been in there 4-6 times and every single time i come out alive!

Explorer
May 14, 2009
It was a bit of an annoying dungeon, as I had to do that a few times for my own quests. But I look back on it now and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I really like the story line on that dungeon.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
The dungeon is very hard i died about three times doing it and when i did beat it, it took about an hour to beat it with four friends

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Yeah this dungeon is holding my storm lord hostage until my friends are inclined to start it with me.

I guess the answer is, as with all dungeons that contain goals for multiple quests, try to get as much done before you go in as possible.

Talk to all the npc's to get all the side quests. this is so that if they need you to do something or see someone inside the Labyrinth, you can do that plus your storyline and spell quests all in one go. Regardless of how you feel about side quests, getting some of them done up to Labyrinth will save you a lot of time later.

Read the wizard101central wiki entry for this area before you start, so you know which quests will take you there, and what/where you will need to go and do once you're in. This includes finding stone roses, finding books/tomes, secret bosses, talk quests, and school-related quests.

Check with your friends who are at about the same level, if they have anything they still need to do in the labyrinth. That way you will have a questing group going in, and you can help each other wherever it's possible to do so, and get all the ducks in a row.

Before you leave, after you've done all the stuff on your list, run through a check list of your open quests and make sure you've gotten everything you can get.

Accept the fact that sometimes you will have to do an instance more than once, sometimes even by design. Enlist friends to help make these reruns less of a chore.

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
School quests of myth have the same problem. I have not gotten my orthrus yet!
Emma Emaraldsword lvl 48