Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is life really that weak..?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I have been reading throughout the message boards, and I have a life wizard about to go into celestia (Sidequesting to 48... >_>), and I have been reading "Life has difficulty" "Life can't solo" "Life is a weak school and left behind".

Just from my personal experience, I have soloed 80% of the game so far, up to grand spyre (I had friends for malistaire dungeon... No one wants to solo with that xD) and I have had little to no difficulty. In fact, life is one of the easiest schools for me to solo with.

Just tell me someone, what difficulty is everyone having..? I find it extreme that people have difficulty soloing with life... Just my view.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Rony The Turtle on Feb 22, 2013 wrote:
I have been reading throughout the message boards, and I have a life wizard about to go into celestia (Sidequesting to 48... >_>), and I have been reading "Life has difficulty" "Life can't solo" "Life is a weak school and left behind".

Just from my personal experience, I have soloed 80% of the game so far, up to grand spyre (I had friends for malistaire dungeon... No one wants to solo with that xD) and I have had little to no difficulty. In fact, life is one of the easiest schools for me to solo with.

Just tell me someone, what difficulty is everyone having..? I find it extreme that people have difficulty soloing with life... Just my view.
Personally I wish my Life wizard had more power but it's the wizard I did solo first with. Most all my friends left the game by DS. I learned the game with that school and made the best I could of it along the way. I also play that wizard the best. I learned how to heal and deal in group play because I helped many wizards along my way but I did my own quests solo. Getting Forest Lord so late doesn't help. I trained death to feint and that did help me.I am a very aggressive player so I set up for hit and run fights.

My thoughts in general are, I was a slow but sure wizard. It may of taken me longer but was able to get to the same end I could with any other school. I can see most would not have the patience for this school.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I also have a life mage and have got her into zarifina (spelled wrong) almost solo. I think everybodys complaint is that it has no heavy hitting damage spells and only one MOB attack.

Sabrina Raventhief.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2013
Well, i'm a life wizard too and i can solo mostly anything. I would actually disagree with the whole topic and say that life is the STRONGEST wizards. We can heal and do damage whereas other schools can only do damage. Woot go life

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010

Most people dont like the fact that lifes damage is a bit lower than some other schools but alot of those people fail to realize just what you are saying, Life can stay alive long enough to hit with a powerful spell by using traps,blades ,ect.....

I will admit life is a bit slower than some schools but i dont think any school is weak, Just different.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I am death which seams pretty strong. When people join me I find life wizards generally have amazing staying power. They are survivors. And throw good punches too.

Actually I find fire wizards to be kinda weak. (please don't attack me! It's just my observations... which could be... well read on...). I only say this because often when a similar leveled player joins me and struggles its often fire school. They have a tough time making big hits and also tough time staying alive. Perhaps fire school attracts weaker players? Maybe they don't compliment death school very well. Or maybe it's just pure chance. I can't explain.

But I am sure KI put a bunch of effort into trying to balance the wizards. So a casual player should really not notice significant overall performance differences between the schools. Assuming they are being played effectively.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RottenHeart on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
I am death which seams pretty strong. When people join me I find life wizards generally have amazing staying power. They are survivors. And throw good punches too.

Actually I find fire wizards to be kinda weak. (please don't attack me! It's just my observations... which could be... well read on...). I only say this because often when a similar leveled player joins me and struggles its often fire school. They have a tough time making big hits and also tough time staying alive. Perhaps fire school attracts weaker players? Maybe they don't compliment death school very well. Or maybe it's just pure chance. I can't explain.

But I am sure KI put a bunch of effort into trying to balance the wizards. So a casual player should really not notice significant overall performance differences between the schools. Assuming they are being played effectively.
Im suprised to hear your thoughts on fire. I think it may have just been poor timing or you just quested with an inexperienced player maybe. Fire has always been my pick for the easiest to solo the whole game with and fastest too.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Ronster, actually, A life wizard can solo quite a bit. My main life has soloed moset of the game with the exceptions of a few bosses or dungeons. The difficulties for a life wizard don't become evident until Alto Alto and maybe not even then if your life wizard is well equipped. What hurts Life wizards more than anything is that we continue to get healing boosts which are usually a repeat of the previous healing boost just a different name. The only damage boosts are from the Atrals and Sharpened Blade.

The only real disadvantage is the fact that is does take Life wizards more rounds (if soloing) in Azteca to finish a battle than it does some of the other schools. A well equipped fire wizard in Az can cast 2 or more bladed, Colossal Meteor Strikes much faster with good damage if not a kill shot than Life can get set up stay alive and make a Kill shot..... It takes almost twice the number of rounds for Life to achieve the same result. I have soloed almost all bosses in Avalon including Pendragon (He Cheats) (did not solo the two dragons) and even a couple of cheating bosses. There is one other dungeon ( the White Owl Tower) FireSpitter and Jabberwok that I did not solo. Wyrm Bane was a walk in the Park.

Did the same in AZ except the Pyramid in Saltmedow Swamp and a couple of others that are a little tougher. One of those is 2 bosses with over 20,000 HP each. (side quest in Cloud Burst Forest). Az is tough and you may not want to try to solo through all of it. Some you can't for the simple fact that if you do, you are going to find yourself facing 4 opponents. But all in all, Az is a grind and very tedious. The rewards are not comparable for what we go through in that world. Not sure I am taking another wizard there. Have not decided yet.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
Im suprised to hear your thoughts on fire. I think it may have just been poor timing or you just quested with an inexperienced player maybe. Fire has always been my pick for the easiest to solo the whole game with and fastest too.
I really agree, as fire can heal and deal damage.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
Life is not weak. It may take a bit longer to defeat an enemy but in no way are they weak.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I think people like certain schools over others is because of their own personality. I believe this has a lot to do with how well a person plays a school.

I've seen some really good Life wizards, who know every nuance of that school and play very very well, whether solo or in a group. I've also seen Life wizards play very badly, and I wonder how they ever made it 'this far' in the game with the type of play-style they chose.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
I also have a life char, Alexis sun breaker, I am not as high lvl for I am only lvl 19 but I believe life is the second best school throughout the whole game. So far being able to defeat enemies solo and healing with gold pips is an amazing experience. I have a membership even though I do not play that account very offset yet when I am on I play my Alexis or my Lindsey moon lvl 58 balance. But if you we're to ask me the best school without thinking I would quickly answer Balance. I love the freedom of healing and once you become high enough lvl you also get a healing spell made for balance wizards. Like I said I believe that life is not a bad choice of school. Good Luck!

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
At this point in time, I am a Promethean Life wizard. Life is not weak at all. You see, KI originally meant for it to be a healing school. While it still is, it is as good as any other school in terms of damage. To be honest, I take advantage of Life's accuracy. I don't have to worry about fizzling when I'm fighting. I am sorry, it appears I have gotten off of track. As I was stating, Life is actually very strong. I soloed many of my quests in Azteca. Do not believe in what they may say about our school. Life is powerful.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Jan 23, 2013
I think life is weak because it is mainly about healing, not attacking. You also don't get a new attack spell better then Centaur from level 33 to about level 58. That's about 25 levels, and Centaur only does 515-595 damage. It also doesn't get an attack spell at level 48, rather a low healing, Spirit Shield spell. Forest Lord also does the weakest amount of damage out of all level 58 spells. Life also doesn't get better clothing at an earlier time. It rarely does. Over all, I think life is the weakest school.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
brittneykatee on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
Well, i'm a life wizard too and i can solo mostly anything. I would actually disagree with the whole topic and say that life is the STRONGEST wizards. We can heal and do damage whereas other schools can only do damage. Woot go life
im life and pepol say im weak right befor i beat them in pvp we don't die because of healing

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012

Hi Ronster55,

life is a very good school but is not as powerful, however they are GREAT survivors, so if you choose Death as your secondary life is perfect!

-Katie Night

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
brittneykatee on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
Life mastery btw lol.
And other schools can do way more damage.
Like storm- if you have lots of damage and Crit you will pwn all the MOBS.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
different schools is good for different people. I Must say that i dont have Much problem with ice. Youre Maybe good with life?