Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice gear please help.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2008
Hey guys. I am a level 72 ice wizard. Everyone is talking about how ice has a very high resist. I personally only have 49% to all schools. I was wondering if someone could give me a list of what clothes I could wear to get a better resist and what that resist would be. Thanks for the help!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
At level 72, you still have a lot of growing room to improve your resistance and other stats. Some of the best clothing is the level 76 crafted hat and robe in Avalon and some of the good athames and rings will be at level 74+.

Resistance is great, which is one of the things Ice is known for, but having too high of resistance can affect your other stats. It's best to have a balance of offense and defense, without sacrificing too much of one thing to have another.

The Zafaria crafted gear is great until you can level up enough for the Avalon gear. Frozen Breath Shroud hat (L66), Blistering Breeze Footguards boots (L66), and the robe (forgot the name) are great. Olyphants Simtar (athame), Aureate Band (ring) are just some of the items that are great for Ice at your level.

Avalon will have some of the best Ice gear:

Horned Helmet hat (L76) crafted
Woodland Tribal Coat robe (L76) crafted
(something) Boots of Avalon (L74?) crafted (sorry, forgot the whole name)
Courtly Dirk athame (L76) crafted
Bite of the Winter Worm athame (L76) drop
Brisk Circle of Nodor ring (L76) drop
Circle of Caliburn ring (L72) drop
Crystal Cave Rose ring (L78) drop
Elissa's Chill Band ring (L??) drop (never got this one, so not sure of level)

I'm sure there are more, but this is what I could remember off the top of my head.

Hope this helps!