Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

um. can we do this?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
I post this today but it happen while ago. so me (lvl 49 ice) and my friend (lvl 45 fire) were in 2v2 and we face a lvl 90 storm overlord with critcal set gear and lvl 10 or 9 ice veteran and of course we lost obviously but not too many (below 20 ranks) but I was wonder can we do a system in pvp like 1-35 can pair up then 35-50 and 50-75,75-90 like that

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
nick468d on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
I post this today but it happen while ago. so me (lvl 49 ice) and my friend (lvl 45 fire) were in 2v2 and we face a lvl 90 storm overlord with critcal set gear and lvl 10 or 9 ice veteran and of course we lost obviously but not too many (below 20 ranks) but I was wonder can we do a system in pvp like 1-35 can pair up then 35-50 and 50-75,75-90 like that
what you've just described is called puppeting, which refers to a low-level wizard who teams up with a 50+ buddy to gain rank. it's a rules exploit and highly frowned-upon, but there's nothing ki can do to fix it, under the current system.

i agree with you, of course, that puppeting is wrong; in fact, i stick to 1v1, just to avoid it. i'll even go out on a limb here and say that this will be the downfall of pvp. players under level 50 cannot access critical or block without spending crowns~ which, in von's humble opinion, is a travesty in itself. puppeting hurts the mid-level teams who play fair, and the fact that there's such considerable leverage for those who exploit the rules or pvpay up means that there's no longer any incentive to play fair. i mean, why play by the book if those who cheat the system are being rewarded for their behaviour?

my stance: ki needs to officially sanction puppeting as a form of cheating. until they do, honest teams will continue being hurt until our arena descends into lawlessness.

-sergeant von